Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 586 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #9136
WonderlandAlice

Well in cosplay news: my new Cinderella costume has arrived! I ordered it from fan plus friend and it was sent as a bodice, skirt, underskirt, bow, and headband. They made it to my measurements perfectly so no altering needed to be done! I actually really like how it turned out. I just wish they had made headband longer. I would also consider adding another panel and splitting in the skirt if someone capable (not me!) thought it was feasible. I would like the skirt to be fuller (but I think I always want that).

OH! And my shoes I found online. They are actually a brand I wear quite often (makes it easier to buy online and know they'll work!) but 1/2 size too big. It is a sheer silver mesh with an opaque toe and heel dotted with silver glitter. I wore the shoes for 4 hours as I traveled through forest preserves, a farm, and a shopping center, and they were actually very comfortable!

Here is the link to the youtube video of the images: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAS5ifPAqyU

Let me know what you think.

If it is blurry, I may need to go back and remove the "sparkle" effect. I can't tell if it will be blurry forever, if it is still being processed, or my computer is just that slow with media files.

And I posted a video my Wendy costume a while ago, but haven't updated my profile here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mehl9...eature=related

Finally, I am buying a new Rapunzel wig. Mine was driving me crazy and I have a large princess party booked as Rapunzel so I felt if I was going to update it, now was the time while I had the funds! I'll have to style it though so fingers crossed I'll be able to do it in the 48 hours I have between delivery and princess event!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”

Last edited by WonderlandAlice : 09-19-2011 at 08:50 PM.
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #9137
kiggi

here are a couple pictures... sorry blurry, the guy taking them didnt wait for it to focus... and sorry so huge! i resized them and they apparently arent resizing

and a bonus because this was his first time on the tower of terror... he is 2! no fear.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #9138
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Chrissy- hmmmm......I've also heard of people attaching it to their backs, but I'm not sure how you would do that without it pulling on the bodice. Maybe have some sort of harness hidden under the top that you can hitch a section of the wig to so that it gets that little bit of lift without impairing movement or looking odd. I tend to overthink things and complicate them though.

jdoe- Ah well. The one I saw was wearing them. Mine are primarily for when I get in and out of rides, but gusts of wind work too~

Ali- Those are so pretty! How did you make them?

Wonderland- Cute costumes! How big is the petticoat you have for Cindy right now? You might be able to make the skirt appear larger with a poofier one for now.

Kiggi- GAH!!!!! I love your photos, especially the first one! It looks like the Flynn is giving your husband some sort of advice and Rapunzel is having some sort of discussion with your little Pascal XD. And your son is so brave! I could never do Tower of Terror, but that's mostly because I have a fear of heights/falling.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #9139
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@kiggi: Woot, first set of party photos! I love your son in the first one, especially his captured pose. XD

@Chrissy and @Beni:
The others are pushing me too, but on the chance it does it won't happen for a long time! My other costumes have seniority. And Chrissy, I think it's something about the water, or running water, or ... something. It's like it clears the head or gets the brain cells moving or something. ~.^

Speaking of costume seniority, I'm finally getting my butt into gear and working on some cosplay! (Granted, four different cosplays, but that's a different story!) It's going really slow but it feels good just to be working again! I also stumbled across how to do part of my Old Hag face. I did a spontaneous makeup test for Bellatrix's skull face, and I don't know if I got skull-like but did end up looking old haggard, mixed with a little anorexic. XP

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #9140
mj12sgal4eva

kiggi .. I love your pix there so cute ... and where did they have the meet and greet ?
mj12sgal4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #9141
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post

Kiggi- GAH!!!!! I love your photos, especially the first one! It looks like the Flynn is giving your husband some sort of advice and Rapunzel is having some sort of discussion with your little Pascal XD. And your son is so brave! I could never do Tower of Terror, but that's mostly because I have a fear of heights/falling.
flynn was telling dh it would be a disservice not to smolder, rapunzel was telling pascal that she had been looking everywhere for him and he was replying that pascal hides good, and proceeded to cover his eyes. (me and rapunzel talked about how the smolder doesnt really work, even if the boys think it does)
he was so proud of himself for going on it!!! he says: it goes up... it goes... down. and it goes up and... DOWN!!! he also wasnt afraid of "choo choo coster" (big thunder mountain) or star tours, or sorin, or any other 40 in ride i cant think of... (he is JUST 40 in. and i mean JUST)

thank you everyone!!!!!!

i really wish i wore the long sleeves, they were just too freaking hot!
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #9142
kiggi

the meet and greet was in the town theater
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #9143
mj12sgal4eva

ok yeah i was like that does not look like where they normally are .... so were the princess at the theater as well ? ... like in the other rooms ... ?
mj12sgal4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:13 AM   #9144
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

@kiggi Wow, you guys look amazing! Just as good as the park characters if not better!!! And dang, I waited until I was 15 until I went on the tower of terror! I feel kind of pathetic now
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 12:23 AM   #9145
Limeyaku
First-Mate

ugh. trying to unwrap noodle that was wrapped with wefts to try to change plan to follow tutorial i should've followed in the first place. making huge mess. wefts getting destroyed. T_T

this is a disaster!!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 01:51 AM   #9146
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Benihime - The red and orange roses were made using this tutorial I found online: http://duhbe.com/blog/2009/07/how-to...-fabric-roses/
The red ones were made with some scrap synthetic I had left over from another costume, and the orange ones were made using some ribbon I'd found. Because the red roses were so much larger and the fabric melted more easily, I was able to get some more defined petals. I really love how those ones look. The ribbon was a little finicky.

The yellow roses were made using a technique of folding and rolling ribbon... I'd found a youtube video for it initially, but darned if I can find it again. The glitter ribbon was nice and crisp and lent itself really well to that technique.
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #9147
WonderlandAlice

kiggi- great costumes! Everyone looks so amazing!

beni- under Cinderella I am wearing three petticoats. The skirt's fullness is pretty much at its limit with that amount of laying under it. *le sigh*
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #9148
kiggi

thanks everyone!!!!
mj yes, snow white and cinderella were in there and they were the same the 2 days, where flynn and rapunzel weren't. Ben got lots of princess love
fabulocity, my parents wouldn't have let me on it either that young... We just figured he's tall enough... Lets go!
Unread 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #9149
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- I LOVE your photos and your story about your son with Punzie and on Tower and Terror! I could NEVER go on that ride!! I guess at that age ignorance is bliss haha

WonderlandAlice- I love your Cinderella! Its so perfect

Cosplay progress for me: None really, but me being me... I have gone and cut out the original bodice's hook and eye panel from the front of my Rapunzel bodice and replaced it with a lilac one. I also cut out holes on the original base bodice on the under side do it's easier to put the grommets in the lilac cover. (I hope that makes sense!) Now to try and get to my mates so she can put in the grommets for me! ^_^

I also finished all the sleeve motif work ^_^ Ooh! I also got new prettier shoes for my Ariel blue dress. Though I'm retiring the dress for big events like expo's, I'm still using it for the likes of Disney on Ice ^_^
Shoes:
Gahh my ankle looks weird at this angle.. but I took the photos on my phone by leaning down and taking the shot from above haha

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 09-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #9150
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilahcasade View Post
Hi Chocobo!!

Would absolutely LOVE if I could rent or even buy the Snuggly Duckling sign. Sent over an email with my contact information to the Saucy page. Please let me know. It would be absolutely amazing!

D
Hi! I'm flattered that you like our sign so much!!! However, due the amount of time/effort/love that was put into it, we don't plan on reproducing it or parting with it. Sorry! =(
But I do wish you the best of luck in finding one!! =D
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote