Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 632 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #9151
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Musical- I know the feeling. There are several costumes that I want to do, but I already have the supplies for others that have been on my list longer.

kiggi- That is awesome and your son is beyond cute!

Furie- Cute shoes! Have you ever thought about taking your Ariel town cosplay to a shoe store and act like you're freaking out over all the shoes to try on?

I'm also thinking of getting some paper lanterns for my Rapunzel costume. Even though a cylindrical one would probably be more appropriate, I'm looking to get some more square ones. I found one that I like, and I'm leaning more towards the ginger ones than the white ones since I feel like the ginger ones look more natural. What do you think? I'm going to be putting in a battery-operated tea light after adding the sun emblem too.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #9152
Mooncactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Just stopping in to share some progress... I'd originally planned on making Rapunzel for Halloween, but was totally in the mood to make something big and poofy instead, so I settled on Belle!

I've made a bunch of roses so far, that'll be on the skirt and the wig (I have about a dozen more of the sparkly yellow ones on the right, and I'm actually not sure if I'll end up using the orange ones.)

link: roses

And then I've started putting together the skirt! I hope to be finished with that by Wednesday or Thursday.

link: skirt

Should be all together for the event at Disneyland next week (the 30th)!
Wow, that looks gorgeous! I'll be there that night too, as Vanessa. Can't wait to see you in all your glory!

Speaking of that: GROMMETS. Tips for them? All the applier things I found either are only online or, according to reviews, suck. Help?
Mooncactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #9153
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

@Beni: I'd pick the ginger ones too. They're also more accurate to the film so it should look better too when it gets lit.

I can't help with the grommet issue. ^^;

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #9154
LKD
Is a princess!!

KIGGI!OMGTHEBABYSQUISHEEPASCALIWANNAHUGS

lol I don't know why but I can just see a park run over by Rapunzels XDD Every year, I always count how many of each princess kids dress up as..it's usually Snow White or Cinderella..I think I know who this year will be

wonderland- Ooo I like! I feel you about the skirt..if it's not big enough I RAGE HARD XD jkjk it bugs me a bit though..I love to twirl too much

beni- I say the ginger ones too

moon- Nessa said to use a awl (right?) to make the hole as it just stretches the fabric so it closes back onto the grommet and they don't pop off. Then either with the tool or with a hammer you put them on I like the two piece ones more..and with a hammer more than the tool. I also don't have an awl so I make a hole with the tool and then use a knitting needle to stretch the hole bigger.

So progress on my end..not much. Gave up on Fawn :/ blah
I'm working on making my Alice to the park style..I blame my Peter XD We're like obsessed with the peter/alice pairing so we're going the first night over at dl as them =3

...I should get to work..

Oh my Esme coins finally came =D Via Beni X3 THX<333 Saved me lots of money there..I need to go get your things..you wanted sequins right? I know a store where they sell a giant bag of them..I can get you one as well =3

Last edited by LKD : 09-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #9155
kiggi

alice, i was finally able to open your cinderella, love it!!!! i would want it bigger too (yeah i was the one telling the seamstress making my wedding dress "are you sure it cant be puffier? are you sure this will twirl?")

furie, your sleeves look great! i realized in my frustration over my phone i never told you, and nice shoes!

ali those roses are so cool!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #9156
Limeyaku
First-Mate

SOME SUCCESS!!!

Stuffed braid is ready for hair-ization! Wefts successfully removed from previous tube and salvaged enough to use as the bottom layer for some volume ( since they got seriously frizzed from detangling ). Still have half a wig, and 2 full ones left to cut wefts out of so I'm sitting pretty well for hair supply. Hoorah!!!

At the moment, my braid is kinda flat...like a braid should be. But I want it to be a bit more voluminous so I think I might stuff some extra batting in there. Then again, If I leave it flat-ish, I can swing it over my shoulder without it getting mangled or bent...hmm...what to do what to do...

Here's an idea of the length of it, minus the loose hair on the end. All it is right now is foam covered in a sheer shiny beige ( almost like a nylon ) material to help blend the base.

Current weight: 0 lbs.

Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #9157
kiggi

nice wig!
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #9158
Aurora's Heart

Kiggi-love the pics. Your Pascal is so cute too. <3

Mooncactus- I just whent to Joann's and got a kit there. It comes with a tool and the gromets. You have to use a hammer to aply them, but it helps get out frustrations.

Furi- Loving your progress on Punzie. The shoes are great too.

Ali-Your roses are so beautiful and I aplaud you for taking on Belle. I've been tempted, but never had the courage to update my store bought one. Maybe some day you all will inspire me.

Well, I started pinning up the hem for my Aurora yesterday and I replaced the jewels that fell off the collar. I'm thinking of adding some random jewels to the skirt to make it sparkle more. I wanna add more bling but I'm not sure where.

I also decided to help a co-worker out of a jam and help her by making an Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon for her daughter. I have material for the sleves/gauntlets but I'm not sure how to make them look dirty. Any suggestions? Right now the material is a cream colored rement I found. It's wrinkled just like in the pic, but I don't know what the material is aside from the fact it's sorta stiff. Any help would be apreciated. (I know it's not Disney but who cares )
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #9159
kiggi

i was looking through pictures for some daycare nonsense, and i came across these, while not disney, super adorable. ben is less than 2 weeks old here thought id share https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...60724_6043.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...60725_6395.jpg

and here are my real bloomers, they are white cotton leggings with lace ruffled and sewn on. i used flat panel lace and cut it into strips, put it thru my ruffler,then sewed on, worked great!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._1272694_n.jpg
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #9160
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Ginger it is! Now since someone brought up eyelets/gromments, do you think silver or gold would work better for Rapunzel? I'm leaning toward gold since I used them last time, already have some, and there is more gold in the movie, but I'm wondering if silver would blend into the bodice better.

LKD- I think this year is going to be "Year of the Rapunzel" as well. I was planning on being Esmeralda, but then I got a Eugene, so plans naturally changed. How many times are you going to MHP? Also, sequins would be nice! Just send me a picture and give me the size.

Lime- It looks like a pretty good base so far, but I can't help but consider it a skeleton of what its going to be XD. Which tutorial are you using or are you making it up as you go?

Aurora- Glitter spray!

kiggi- awww, a wee ghostie in a PacMan! I'm going to take it you're Little Bo Peep in the bloomers?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #9161
kiggi

aurora, i thought about you the other day, i was going thru some stuff my aunt gave me in a box and there was an adult aurora dress pattern w/ the godmothers! its simplicity 8328
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halloween-19...4#ht_391wt_221

sorry no help for making fabric look dirty
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #9162
Aurora's Heart

Beni-LOL I have some glittery blue floss if I feel like adding some embroidery work, but neither mom nor I can remember which blue we thought it would stand out more against. Not to mention, I can't decide where I would add embroidery or what design I would use. I think I have figured out why detailed oriented people should never costume.
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #9163
Aurora's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
aurora, i thought about you the other day, i was going thru some stuff my aunt gave me in a box and there was an adult aurora dress pattern w/ the godmothers! its simplicity 8328
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halloween-19...4#ht_391wt_221

sorry no help for making fabric look dirty

I've been looking for a pattern for the fairy godmothers thanks for the link. I think my mom would make a great Merryweather for me.

Don't worry about the fabric, just thought I'd ask.
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #9164
kiggi

beni, yup, it was bo peep, it was a very last minute decision. as in that week. it was supposed to be alice, then it all changed mid costume... dont ask. it was bad. i went for antique brass, because it wasnt so obvious, and matched flynns closures. i had silver and gold too, and i think the gold went better with the purple, if that matters.

oh yes, magic kingdom was over run with tiny punzels!

AND the best picture i could get of my glowing hair!!
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #9165
inconspicuous

LKD: Don't give up on Fawn! Just take a lil' break from it.

Beni: I followed this method to make my extensions. I thought Punzie's eyelets were pink. For the eyelet I used silver because it matches the costume more. However, if you already have the gold ones, you might as well use them.

Kiggi: That's AMAZING! Are those fiber optics?