Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #9751
ThePrincessMom

My tumblr name (I think, lol) is listentoyourmumzy
I can't figure out how to reply to the comments people make when they reblog...nothing really mean so far but I was going to agree with someone that my son was indeed bored. haha. The photo I posted less than an hour ago has over 140 notes. Now I'm sorta scared to post my regular vacation photos...I was just going to be blogging along but didn't know there would be *that* many people seeing it. eeks.
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #9752
kiggi

suzie: i saw this and WANT to make it for my bffs daughter! i only know how to circle loom knit.... how much yarn would you use for this, and what weight? ive only made 2 little hats ever, and i have no idea how much went into those since they were for a newborn.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #9753
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrincessMom View Post
My tumblr name (I think, lol) is listentoyourmumzy
Aha!!! Now I can finally see these elusive costume pictures!

*goes to your tumblr*

O.O Oh. My. God. YOUR COSTUMES ARE SO FREAKING EPIC!!!!!!!! You make such a strong, confident, beautiful Mother Gothel! And look, Rapunzel's there too! Lol no but seriously, you look amazing, your daughter is SO ADORABLE, I could just sop her up with a biscuit, and your son IS Flynn! He's got the smolder down cold I would have started freaking out if i had seen your group lol Great job!

In other news, I HATE THE FLU!!!!!!! This sucks! I spent all of fall break lying in bed with box after box of tissues, when I wanted to work on Sally /rant Carry on.
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #9754
Aurora's Heart

Lime- your progress is just amazing. Makes me want to drop a bunch of money I don't have and get mine started.

Princess Mom- I agree with everyone on here, no matter if you feel it or not you ARE Gothel. I believe everyone has at least one character they look the most like and should embrace to the full extent. It's like an alternitive persona that not only gives you a chance to walk in someone elses shoes, but brings so much joy to everyone. It's like a face character in your own backyard.

Thanks everyone who like my Astrid progress. Especialy the gathered skirt. Sadly work stole another Wednesday from me so, no progress today. Well, I cut out a pattern to use for the gauntlets if that counts.
Unread 10-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #9755
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Thanks everyone! We're actually getting ready to have a shoot tomorrow so we can get lots more shots!
PrincessMom- I will also say that you are the best Gothel yet! You need to do a photoshoot!

I would go through and reply to everyone, but there's so much @_@. Just know that I'm happy to see everyone's progress. Speaking of tumblr though, I actually have two accounts. I have a personal one and one for Disney cosplays that you ladies totally need to submit your cosplays too.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #9756
LKD
Is a princess!!

My tumblr >>> XD cause Im a derp and dunt know how to link betterhttp://elkaydee.tumblr.com/

Gah I lurk too long and then I forget what to post Dx too many pages, too much to do sooo exqueeze me this one time for not replying.
Lime, spam all the time pleaase XD Helps me procastinate!

Uuum what have I been doing;
I finished my cousin's hatter vest; well still need to add buttons but shh, I'm faking the buttons, its really going to be snapped closed >>

My Sally dress came =D I bought Holli's from her so it's like huge on me XD Going to take it in the sides and the shoulders and hopefully that helps, the bodysuit needs major work to fit me..it's soo loose XD Oh my tinyness.
I took a glove with me to visit my friend today and she took me to this giant costume store where they sell ben nye make-up and they color matched my glove =3 I need to mix it with white to get the same color though. Yay only spent $8 on my makeup XD;
I might do a make-up test tonight...maybe..lol, SUZIE DO A MAKEUP TEST XDD

I also bought my bangles for Esme, $12 at JC Penny, lol not accurate but they purty. I decided to wear my purple boots and I'm making a cape to keep me warm, I freeze too easily. When I went to go buy the fabric I found fabric for my Ariel skirt/bow AND my Rapunzel do over =D

My friend (the one who made Poody's Terrance and John Smith Vest) and I are going to remake my Punzie =DDD So excited!

Oh here's my fabrics;
I know some of you answered but what do you think? The Pink fabric is what I'm dying and using; is the side where the back is shiny better or the side where the design is shiny better?
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #9757
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Though now I'm actually thinking about doing her Kiss the Girl dress instead (at least for Megacon.) Because I really want that bow >.> Any suggestions on good corset fabric? I know a few of you had some really nice black on black patterned stuff. Or should I just go with a solid black fabric of some sort?
I used a slightly stretchy jacquard suiting from Joann. It has a subtle paisley texture. It was like $12 a yard, but I had a coupon and it only takes one yard. Because of the stretch, the V in the front was a little easier to turn-- the inside corner is tricky. Just make sure you line it with canvas or duck cloth, cause you don't want the finished corset to stretch at all!

As for the bow, I'll tell you the same thing I told Roxie-- use boning! You can make it so much huger if you put in boning. I sewed mine in with the machine, and I shouldn't have-- just hand-tack it to the seam allowance on the upper edge and it'll be prettier. Don't use the cable ties though-- this is the time for the super cheap joann stuff-- pull it out of the casing too.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #9758
jdoe7

I am totally going to follow all of you!!!! (though beni I am already following your Disney cosplay tumblr XD) my main tumblr is my Disney one, drmdisneymem and my personal one is here

I cleaned the fridge and now it's all nice smelling!!! Just waiting for ios5 to download so i can update my iPad. It's taking forevvvver!!!

Lime: my husband would have a heart attack if I spent that much money on fabric! If I go even near one hundred dollars he doesnt ever let me live it down. Thankfully joannes coupons have been kind to me
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #9759
jdoe7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
I'M ON TUMBLR!...

but i can't remember my user name... >_>
It will be the first part of your URL to your tumblr page, not the dashboard. so like my URL is drmdisneymem.tumblr.com, and therefore my username is drmdisneymem. Make sense?
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #9760
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoe7 View Post
Lime: my husband would have a heart attack if I spent that much money on fabric! If I go even near one hundred dollars he doesnt ever let me live it down. Thankfully joannes coupons have been kind to me
Well, luckily I'm quite small so 1 yard is enough for me to make a bodice out of.

But...yeah. I've spent a fortune on this sucker.

MY CONTACTS CAME IN TODAY.

I love them. They looks fake and cartoony but they blend with my eyes well, are comfy and so cute!

And all my eyelets are punched onto my bodice!!! So now it's off to embroider around all 22 of them. @_@

I have no makeup on ( except fake lashes that kept falling off cause i didnt glue them. XD ) and my hair is a mess under the wig so these are the only moderately decent photos I have to share.

contacts!

bodice with eyelets!

The string is so SHINY. I have a suedey one but I think it might be too dark...gonna have to test it out.

CAN NOT WAIT TO FINISH THIS THIINNNGGGGG ARGHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoe7 View Post
It will be the first part of your URL to your tumblr page, not the dashboard. so like my URL is drmdisneymem.tumblr.com, and therefore my username is drmdisneymem. Make sense?
...but i don't remember my name and therefore nor do i remember my link. LOL i'm sure I can hack it... I usually use the same few all over the place.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:55 AM   #9761
inconspicuous

I also have a tumblr: http://evilplotting.tumblr.com

I update more there than I do here. Sorry I've been gone! Like Roxie, I was lurking but it will take too long to reply but I want you to know that I'm still keeping updated on your projects! I haven't had much time to work on cosplay. There are way too many things I need to do and I promised myself I wouldn't obsessively work but that quickly fell apart. I stayed up two days straight working my butt off with college homework and job searching and creating my etsy shop. During that time I skipped all meals to work because I didn't want to waste time going to the cafeteria but I had an apple and some crackers. I know I shouldn't treat my body this way but UGH THERE'S TOO MUCH TO DO!

The only sewing I have done was on a Punzie inspired purse for kids that I was going to sell on etsy. I used that screen printed fabric I mentioned earlier.
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:11 AM   #9762
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

Eep! Everything looks so gooooood!! =DDD

There is some progress on my front! lol Currently, in my household we are making 8 (possibly 9, depending on my friend's Halloween plans) Disney costumes. It's intense. XD So there's progress going on all over the place, but for my part, I have finished my Jane hat (not that I really did much to it, but I'm still excited. XP):

and begun work on Jafar's cobra staff:
(base structure

(with paper mache

It still needs slight alteration, but that'll be done tomorrow with paperclay. =) I'm soooooooo excited!!

Oh! And my tumblr is chocobojockey.tumblr.com =D
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies

Last edited by Chocobo Jockey : 10-13-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 05:21 AM   #9763
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
Furie- Thanks for the comments! And....I WANT TO GO NEXT YEAR TOOOOOO! LET'S GO AT THE SAME TIME!!! Last year I went the second week of September and hit up the first Halloween party and it was amazing. Also very fun to dress up so much in advance of Halloween. XD
Lime- firstly.. LOVE YOUR BODICE!!! *completely jealous* and secondly, I know myself and mom are planning in going in the last week of October or something and then staying for 2 weeks to make it our one main holiday of the year next year. YOU SO SHOULD COME TOO NEXT YEAR!!!!!! We could hit the parties together!! ^_^

Princessmom- like everyone has said, you ARE Mother Gothel! You look so perfect as her!!

Chocobo- loving your progress of both the hat and Jafar's staff!

Inconspicuous- love that bag! Its so cute!
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #9764
deaththecutekin
Death the Cute Kind

I'd love to put together a classic Cinderella ball gown for Dragon*Con 2012, if anyone has any suggestions, would love to hear them and if anyone wants to attend together would love it!
deaththecutekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #9765
jdoe7

Lime: lol! Good luck! My problem is remembering my passwords!

Inconspicuous: I'm totally already following you on tumblr!!! In knew you looked familiar...

I dont have classes today as my first class was canceled so we can hear an author speak at our school tonight. Figure skating was canceled as the arena is being used for a circus that came to town. I wish I could go to the circus instead of hear the author at school...but alas I can not, as that class is for my major.
I am hoping to get some work done today, not on punzie but I am making toulle tutus for my cousins little girls, 3 and 1. I'm using ribbon so they will be tied onto them, but I'm not sure how big to make the waists. Anyone have a general idea? The girls are actually about the same size, they all wear the same size diaper(the 3 year old wears it to bed so she has no accidents) I dont want to ask my cousin as I want to surprise her when I see her on Sunday. Sadly I wish I could make something for the 5 year old boy as he is my best bud, but I don't know what to make him...any ideas? He loves superheroes but already has a cape...oh maybe a mask! Anyways, sorry guys! I'm just stumped here and you guys are all so creative!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter