Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:29 AM   #9811
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Partial thrown together test fitting tiiiimee!

Put the zipper ( which is SO off colour. >_< thank God for that fat braid! ) up the back of my bodice for a test fitting. It looks so small off, but on it's still too long! I think I have to take it up another inch at least for the skirt to look like it's actually starting at my waist instead of on my hips ( this isn't the skirt fabric I'm using )...thank goodness I didn't TOTALLY finish the bottom of the bodice yet. @_@ Also have to make it tighter since it fits but not as snug as I'd like it to be ( you can see it bulging above my hand on the right ).

I feel like I'm in the home stretch now that the new sleeves and the hardest parts are done though.

Just have to...
- attach the long sleeves, paint them ( or embroider )
- revise back and bottom of bodice
- and then make the purple skirt next week, which is ACTUALLY something that is easy. Might paint it just with washable paint for the holiday...It's a race against the clock!
- embroider eyelets on corset

AND THEN I'LL BE DONE!!

This random photo ( which is heavily photoshopped since I'm almost ready for bed. XD ) makes me excited for the final result! *o*

To do AFTER Halloween
- re-order center panel fabric in a darker, higher contrast design
- embroider all skirt designs
- buy a quadrillion long wigs to attach into one monstrously long straight wig. XD

So excitinnngggg!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #9812
nessabutterfly

It looks great! Your sleeves are a little slim, but otherwise, everything on top looks great! I can see why you want a higher contrast on the skirt center panel. It's sad that it's so blended, since it looked perfect when you took a pic of just the fabric. Still, it's way better than any of the fabrics people have found in stores!
And I'm still loving the swoop in your wig.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:48 AM   #9813
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
It looks great! Your sleeves are a little slim, but otherwise, everything on top looks great! I can see why you want a higher contrast on the skirt center panel. It's sad that it's so blended, since it looked perfect when you took a pic of just the fabric. Still, it's way better than any of the fabrics people have found in stores!
And I'm still loving the swoop in your wig.
Yup yup. I purposely made the puff sleeves slimmer than most. Rapunzel's are BARELY puffs. But mine only have hair elastics at the bottom right now and half of them fell out of that so they're kinda sitting half loose.. the pink sleeves arent attached yet, so with some more trimming and gathering, they'll have some more fullness to them! And yeah. Totally bummed about that skirt panel. However, it's another thing that looks better in person than in this photo and I hope SOME shots come out with truer colour in the days that I wear it at the end of the month! It's definitely still not as strong as I'd like it to be though, so I'm still going to replace it. Must...keep...improving.... @_@
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #9814
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Finished the Belle embellishment!

link to flickr

I tried out the bodice over my Ariel corset, and I like the way that sits much better, so I think that's how i'll be wearing it in the future. I ran into some issues with the plastic boning in the bodice folding around the waist, which looked awful, so this should help prevent that and keep it supported for longer stretches of time.
link to flickr

I'm gonna re-iron it, then I'll be trying to get some photos in the park tomorrow, and then I'll be wearing it next week to Disneyland! Super excited.
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:59 AM   #9815
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Ali, I LOVE IT! At first I wasn't so sure, but that is totally STUNNING. Such clean work and in such a simple design ( into the V shape, I mean ). I love it!!! Amazing way to set your dress apart and put your own creativity into it. *_*
Unread 10-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #9816
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Ali- Love the creativity you've applied to your Belle costume! Looks like something the parks could have come up with/done! Its gorgeous!

Lime- I really love your progress on your Rapunzel, but I can understand why you would want a higher contrast for the skirt centre panel- Like what Nessa said lol I still adore your Punzie progress though, infact I seem to have more of a love for it every time I see more progress!
Unread 10-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #9817
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

So I re do my Ariel town dress bow, take piccies on a new camera and it cant connect onto my laptop so i can upload photos...*sadface*
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #9818
kiggi

everyones progress looks great!
ali, i love the belle dress! it looks awesome!!!
lime, all your hard work is paying off, it looks amazing!

i searched to see what i still have in my costume box, because i gave a way a lot of them to my cousin who skated too. i only have these 3 (keep in mind it was the late 80's/90's when these were made) and spandex was in high supply @ hancock fabrics and joanns, i kinda stuck to the same patterns because they were easy to sew, i look at the ones now, and think wow! but really, have you every watched junior competition? yeah, all the outfits look like these...
the white one is my final outfit still has specks of blood on the skirt the purple was my short program outfit for the same competition, and i *think* the turquoise one was the competition before it? i cant be sure. i would have to dig up those pictures. i wish i had some of my xmas ones for the xmas exhibitions, they were my favorites! i will have to dig around my moms house to see if i can unearth some pictures. i tried them on to see if i still fit, and yeah, spandex does stretch, but ill spare you the picture! just because it fits, doesnt mean i should wear it right? (i am far from my 80lb skating figure)

sewing spandex, it is ALL about the overlock stitch. i didnt have a surger then, and just used the one on the sewing machine. i sewed everything like regular fabric, and the overlock stitch added the stretch i needed. go slow, sew consistently and dont stretch it... unless you want a ruffly bottom of a skirt, then stretch, and use a small satin stitch and trim close to it. with a surger it would be easier.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #9819
jdoe7

Ali and lime: both of you guys look great!

Kiggi: those are awesome! I have yet to try sewing with spandex and am a little afraid too ha ha but those look awesome! My little girl self would have loved to wear those!

I didn't get to work on punzie or the tutus for my cousins last night as I have gotten a cold and it's made me lazier than normal, but can't be lazy today as I work over ten hours >.<
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #9820
kiggi

oh trust me I thought I looked awesome in them!
Unread 10-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #9821
nessabutterfly

Kiggi-- fun! I like the white one best-- so princessy and pretty! Is there glitter on the top, or is it stretch lace?

I've had a lot of practice with spandex lately from making super-hero costumes for our church children's ministry (can't find a pic of them) and then all the princess bathing suits I made last year. Adding in bra cups is a whole new level of crazy from the actual working with the fabric. Ugh-- I must have spent 10X more time on putting them in than I did on the rest of the suits! http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/187366/p2 Still, spandex is nice because you can get such a good fit with minimal work. I'm quite a fan
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #9822
ThePrincessMom

Oooh I love that y'all are talking spandex, because dd is requesting an outfit that would require that if I did it right. I have no idea how hard that's going to be to deal with though.

And Lime, I LOVE watching your costume progress! I think it's going to be the most accurate ever. You seem like a super duper perfectionist about it!!!
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #9823
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I finally figured out how to transfer my photos! YAAAAY!

So.. my new Ariel bow! I just roughly put it in place on my wig to check sizing and stuff haha

That's it for a while now.. disney costume wise... unless you count my Marvel ones now that Disney have bought Marvel.... does that count?? Because if it does I'm planning out my Enchantress cosplay from Avengers: Earth's mightiest heroes. My first villain.. i cant wait!
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #9824
Holli

Do i suit Esmeralda? I know the photos are BLURRY! but i tried my best.

Tell me <3 by the way, my skin is really pale, it tanned my self up
Holli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #9825
kiggi

it's glitter and foil printing and the skirt is a glittery stretch organza, doesn't photograph so well after all these years the white one was paired with vivaldi's "winter" because someone else was already using the nutcracker suite so I couldn't do the song like the fairies in fantasia... So many dumb rules. dh won't let me watch the olympics because I yell at the tv for the new judging, it's horrible. Though, I am going to the disney on ice with rapunzel!!!

so glad I never had to sew cups in! That is a pain! It's why I stay away from swimwear...

furie, that bow is huge and awesome!