Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #9871
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

@musicalpencil: I was on the buycostumes.com site, and there is an officially licenced Evil Queen headpiece for $28+tax+P&H, and that could be the first block of creating the theme park version. It's exactly the same as the ones the CMs wear.

Last edited by kojirojames2004 : 10-18-2011 at 10:18 AM.
kojirojames2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #9872
kiggi

Passo and After glow- you guys are so cute! the costumes look awesome!
Lime- its looking super awesome!!! yeah, i leave parts of my costumes in random places too...
Leslie- i forgot to say it earlier, when i was hiding for my sanity, but your rapunzel looks really good

i am off today!!! which means time to get working on my skirt/sleeve redo. i started messing with the corset, then before i did too much decided to leave it well alone for now. it IS too long, but halloween is too close, and it looks good enough and having a main part of the costume in progress... well i should focus on that.

AND...
so i guess the textiles class i was forced to take in college that i felt there was no real use for ever, is somehow relevant. go figure. i HATED that class. could have been the teacher (likely) could have been the no "real fabric" making and the non traditional materials we had to use to make yards and yards of garbage (no really, we were using garbage)... but anywho.... so i was thinking seeing all the wig progress, and the use of hairnets, and i got to thinking, why would i buy a hairnet, which isnt long enough for my crazy overlong wig, when i can just MAKE one, and it will be a tube, and it will be the length i want, and i wont have to search for blonde, i can just make it clear... and in searching for something for my husband i came across my netting shuttles. yay. so... my questions:
-has anyone done this? and am i being stupid to not just buy one?
-would thin clear thread look to shiny as a hair net?
-how and where did you use it?
-can i keep the wig down, and not braided and use it? i intend to braid, just not now.
-anything else i should consider

Last edited by kiggi : 10-18-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: so i dont double post...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #9873
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Paso, After Glow- I love your costumes! You both look like perfect princesses!!

Lime- LOVING your progress on everything, I think your desired fit will be perfect on your bodice! And great work on the Flynn wig!!!

Soooooooooooo I go into Central London today to buy gig tickets and spot a market open... I go down the market and find a fabric stall!!! LOTS of pretty cheap fabrics and the fabrics are fantastic quality! Then mom spots some pink velvet, so I asked how much it is a metre and the guy turns round and says to me £3per metre (about $6???) and I couldnt resist, I delved into my spending money for disney on ice and bought 3metres for it so I'm going to make a hooded cape for Rapunzel!!!! I'm designing my own one instead of making a coronation replica, as I think Rapunzel with a hooded cape would be soooooooo cute!! So now I dont have to worry about wearing a jacket over the top of my punzie and making it look weird when I travel to expo!
The fabric photographs a bit darker than it, but the richness photographs perfectly! I cant believe how cheap I got this and for so cheap! In the pic I've doubled it over as that is what I'll do for the cape so its velvet on both sides and warmer to wear. ^__^ BUt what you see in the pic will easily be my cape and get a hood made out of it whilst being full length!
Unread 10-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #9874
AngelicKey

anyone know the type/name of the fabric for the top of the designer princess Rapunzel doll?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/...386001614f.jpg
Unread 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #9875
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicKey View Post
anyone know the type/name of the fabric for the top of the designer princess Rapunzel doll?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/...386001614f.jpg
its a treatment to the fabric, accordion folding/pleating:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Yoj...fabric&f=false
Unread 10-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #9876
Kbelle

FINALLY got my Belle pics from the Halloween party up on the site. I am loving everyone's costumes!! I'm sure lots of you got attacked by tons of small children while wearing them, haha.

Sometimes I hate being good at sewing, because another friend has asked me to make his Ursula costume for the 28th. I've got a reference pic and a good idea of how to go about it, but I still have to finish Dapper Dan-ielles, and then there's that whole working thing. Le sigh. At least he has a big budget, so I don't have to worry about costs as much...
Kbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #9877
chrissyann

@Kbelle the guy that was dressed as Lumiere, I've met him! I can't remember his name, but he is friends with one of my friends, who works at Disneyland, and we all went and saw the sing-a-long Beauty and the Beast together. I think I have a pic on my computer somewhere. haha small world.
chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:28 PM   #9878
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

@chrissyann: You mean "It's a small world after all...It's a small world after all...It's a small world after all...It's a small, small world?"

I apologize to those offended by that song.
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #9879
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here. After Vidia I didn't have any disney costumes for a while so I forgot to post progress pics of my Aurora in the blue dress I'm working on for work.

But it's finished! I just have to roll hem the skirt up about an inch. Here's some pics:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3077542/
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...os/aurora4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...os/aurora3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...os/aurora5.jpg

I'll be working on the crown, necklace, and wig this week too.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #9880
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

and 2 hours later i'm caught up....I really need to stop being away from the forum for days.

All the progress is amazing.

Lime ~ You poor thing. Stop stressing over your costume! It looks gorgeous! I love it Your Flynn wig looks awesome too!!!

Akane ~ Your Aurora dress is beautiful

Ali (i think it was you) ~ I was a little unsure of the color for your Belle dress the upclose shots but on the panned out one (latest that you posted) it does look very pretty

@Nessa ~ A tutorial would be amazing. i'm a super visual learner!

Not a whole lot costume wise...at least Disney ones. Been further planning out my Kiss the Girl Ariel dress. I think I'm going to do a circle skirt so that it flares out pretty. I've never done a circle skirt before so we'll see how it turns out. I'm just ready for Shadocon to be done with so I can get fabric and start Still looking for fabric for the corset thing she wears. Should I use regular boning for it or should I use the same steel spiral boning (the one that's more flexible the others) that I used in my belle dress....so many decisions X.x At least I've decided on a wig:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-High-Tem...ht_3073wt_1043

What do you guys think? I actually have a honey blonde version of this wig and LOVE it.

Last edited by LadySasha : 10-18-2011 at 09:09 PM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #9881
Limeyaku
First-Mate

akane! WOW! Flawless!!!

paso - HAHA! Thanks. @_@ I can't wait 'til it's done. I'm SO CLOSE... but I can't find my other sleeve to attach to the bodice... I've been looking EVERYWHERE and nothing. I already attached one so I can't even use the other pair of tights I got 'cause I don't want to tear it off. I've had enough seam ripping!!

paso - great choice on the wig! whether you straighten it or leave the waves, its super pretty. a huge plus that the bangs are parted on the right side, too! that'll make it so much easier to style. And I'm sure you and glow have experience with poufs now! XD

Last edited by Limeyaku : 10-18-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #9882
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

So I just started gathering reference pictures for the Kiss the Girl dress and I noticed something....all the pieces seem to be shades of blue. Like even the corset seems to be a navy rather then a black.

http://schoolofdisney.com/Stories/Li...shots/ss66.jpg
http://img.neoseeker.com/view.php?en...imageid=311119

Idk if I should stick to the movie coloring or go with black for the bodice instead? =/

Also fabric choices for the shirt. I was thinking of maybe using an interlock. I tried to use cotton and linen for my Belle village dress blouse and just hated it. Thoughts?
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #9883
kiggi

lol i think that may spark the same debate as my cinderella dress question...
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #9884
Aurora's Heart

Lime- Love the Flynn wig. I know everyone procrastinates, it just would be nice to go to a con and not be up untill 3 in the morning finishing a costume for the Sat. contest for once.

Akane- Love the Aurora.

Furie- Love the fabric you found. I thinka hooded cape is a great idea for Punzie.

I managed to get all 44 spikes painted for the astrid skirt today despite having to work. We'll see how tired I am tomorrow if I can get started on putting them on the strips. Here's what they look like painted. (Excuse the slightly blurry pic.)

Unread 10-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #9885
mj12sgal4eva

hey just thought i would let everyone know that joann fabrics is having a sale on lots of items until oct 22nd ... just saw a flyer in my mail box .....
mj12sgal4eva is offline   Reply With Quote