Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1159 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #9916
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Suzie ~ Thanks soooo much! And hey look at that! I actually have that petticoat pattern xD I used B for my Belle village dress (though it turned out terrible xD) I appreciate the help!
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #9917
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

Suzie, where do do you live that you have such pretty forests nearby? D= It seems like everything in Southern California is so....dusty. Just kinda, dead and crunchy and brown. =(

Sorry, I have no input when it comes to hemming things. =S

LKD, I vote skirt! Maybe not a skanky one though...hrm, something with an uneven hem could be cute. =D (maybe I'm biased...I love uneven hem skirts...I live in them. X'D)

Here at our house, we've been busy working on all of our things...my sister is almost done with her Maleficent horns and staff, my other sister is about finished with her Evil Queen crown and dress, and I finished Jafar's cape and staff, and am working on the rest of his stuff. Here's a mega-crappy picture of the staff:

Whoot! You can also see one of my sister's unfinished horns. XP

That's just about it....oh! And I got fabric yesterday! For my tenth Doctor coat and Ursula! Yeah, I'm gonna try and whip that up in a week..along with Jane and Jafar. =) (Just Ursula, not the coat. The coat is for fun, sometime after Halloween. XD)
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #9918
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Chocobo - Oooh... Can I ask about the materials you used for Jafar's staff? That came out very smooth and pretty. I'd also be curious what your sister is using for the horns... I may end up doing Maleficent next year, and I'm trying to figure out how I want to handle them.
Unread 10-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #9919
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Sasha- You're welcome, dear! Keep in mind that E is shorter than Ariel's skirt, but I think it could still work. I'm debating whether or not to wear it with my Ariel.

Chocobo- I'm in Kentucky! The beautiful scenery is one thing I am grateful to KY for!! lol The staff looks great! I imagine you all are working your tails off to finish your costumes by Halloween. I've always wanted to cosplay Maleficent- I bet your sister is going to look fantastic! I can't wait to see everything done! 8D
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #9920
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Hey Suzie, since you're in KY and have a pretty good idea about the weather, what do you think I should make Anastasia's orphan outfit out of, keeping in mind that I will be wanting to wear it in the snow. I'm thinking of making the tunic/shirt out of suede or some sort of knit and then wearing some sort of heavy clothing under it in case I do wear it when it gets warmer. If I'm moving to Ohio, I might as well make some good of it, right?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #9921
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Suzie ~ Yeah I forgot to mention that I was going to lengthen it xD

@Chocobo ~ The staff looks amazing and I 2nd Ali's questions :3
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:11 AM   #9922
Aurora's Heart

Ali- Love the Belle photo. It's defiently one of the best I've seen.

Chocobo- Loving the Jafar staff. I'm thirding Ali's question, if that even makes sense. XD I've been wnating to do Maleficent for years now, well ever since I got addicted to Knigdom Hearts. LOL

Briar Rose- I tottaly understand. I have like three costumes I'm itching to start and I only have fabric for one.

I have all 11 skirt strips done for my Astrid. All the spikes are in and I am currently hemming the edges. I have my last con of the year tomorrow so, I will be finishing this up when I have down time at the hotel. It has to be done by Friday, but I'm hoping for a couple days earlier in case something doesn't fit. She has someone making the skulls for the outfit so, I will need to get them glued on when they are done, but I feel as though this is going to come together nicely and ahead of schedual. I'll make sure and post pics after my con.
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:51 AM   #9923
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

Haha, thanks everyone! =D

We make basically everything using this girl's tutorial: http://jiajem.com/tutorials/armor/ My sister's horns were made pretty much exactly that way, and in the picture they're at the unsanded Paperclay stage. We also used this method for my Edea helmet/horns (http://images.cosplay.com/photos/30/3027366.jpg) and my sister's armor(http://images.cosplay.com/photos/28/2898863.jpg), so it's suuuuuuper versatile.

The staff, I did a little differently. Rather than use the cardboard pattern method, I made blobs of newspaper and taped them to the staff and each other. So it started off as a newspaper, masking tape blob with cardstock paper taped to the back. lol Then I paper mached it, Paperclay, etc. The eyes are gems that I casted. =)
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #9924
kiggi

beni, the tunic dress would probably be made of some kind of heavy cotton flannel, just based on the fact it probably is a mans shirt. i would say the coat is wool, based on the area of the world this takes place. the dress could be made out of a flannel for warmth, and you might need it since this winter is supposed to be the coldest ohio has seen... grrr. but southern ohio isnt as bad as northern ohio where i am.

no progress to speak of. going to the disney store in costume sat for their halloween thing... awesomeness. ben is beyond excited to be pascal again

lime, i surged the edge of my skirt then sewed the trim over it.

chocobo that looks awesome

aurora, astrid looks great!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:04 AM   #9925
LKD
Is a princess!!

So I got into a huge argument about my Facilier hat and now I'm like Q_Q it is so crappy that I don't want to make the femmy facilier anymore Dx that and I have no time or money for everything

and also because I want to focus my time and money into making a new Rapunzel top by the 29th XD; I have school volunteerness to do and I usually go as Belle but I ended up trashing the whole gown..so I figured going as Punzie would do since shes so popular among the lil peeps XP I ordered two claw clips from Arda and I'm going to make one long skinny braid out of my Alice braid and those extensions. I LOVE the cruise ship Rapunzel wig and thats how I want to make it XD I wanna be able to wrap it around my arm.
I'm not going to make the bodice accurate though...just a quick better version of mine. I have 3 yards of that fabric anyways XD I'll just sell that one once me and my friend start my legit top.

Also Snow White progress~
Here's the top;
The top layer is only a bit sheer so I was like whatevs the shinyness of the bottom layer won't show..ahaha oops...Still need to fix the raw parts of the lace. I really wish I sewed it inside the bodice Dx

and the skirt
working on the lining right now to sew it all together x3

More undecisiveness! Dx Should I put an elastic waistband? I was planning on that but then I don't know if that's going to be comfortable for a 2 year old o.< Should I just gather it and sew it to the bodice?

ALSO circle skirts XD For those of you who are cheap like me and don't want to buy a pattern-

Chocobo! Be careful about taking the staff into DL Dx theyre really butts about props. I know a few girls who werent allowed int with DINGLEHOPPERS of all things. XD If they say anything just say it's also a cane for a hurt foot :P
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #9926
kiggi

elastic would be fine for a 2 yr old, 3/4 the clothes for 2 yr olds are elastic waist.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #9927
nessabutterfly

LKD-- just gather the skirt and sew it to the bodice-- more comfortable, and easier. Plus, elastic would pull in the bodice funny. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater See how Stasi's is? The skirt should be just right gathered directly on.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #9928
LKD
Is a princess!!

Thanks ^^ I didn't gather it too much but here it is =D

I really didn't like the skirt fabric she picked but It grew on me and i loves it now x3
Gah so proud <3 I just have the cape to make =3
Unread 10-21-2011, 03:29 AM   #9929
nessabutterfly

so cute Roxie! And the skirt fabric is adorable. Maybe not on an adult, but it works well for a 2 year old. They love extra sparkle!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #9930
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Roxie- that is one adorable Snow White dress!!!

Chocobo- loving your Jafar staff progress!!

As for me and my cape... well I managed to do the main part of the cape all in the morning yesterday!! I just have the hood to do now! I've had to make it quickly as I'm going on a 2hour est drive to the coast with my friend who is a photographer for a mermaid Ariel and Rapunzel photoshoot!!! We found a lovely tower just on the outskirts in a forest to the coast for Rapunzel shots! So as it's going to be cold round that area I'm making my cape quickly so I'm warmer lol. I CANT WAIT! My friend is calling our drive "the disney road trip" LOL! So lots of listening and singing to disney princess songs me think!!

Sorry for the rubbish phone pics: I've doubled the celvet so its velvet on both sides, it feels like a fleece blanket on!! Nice and snuggly! ^_^ Also apologies for me still wearing my PJs haha!

and before I did the neckline of the cape, but it showed me how I want the hood to droop when I do it this morning. Its also a more accurate pic of the cape's colour.

Oh my gosh guyz! I went to Disney on Ice last night and I went as Ariel (like always haha) but I ended up meeting this lovely girl who had just come out of hospital because she has cancer... she couldnt have been any older than about 10-12years old. Ariel is her fav princess and she just looked SO happy when she met me! I think my heart melted, because she looked so ill with cancer, but so so happy at the same time. It made me realise why I do disney cosplay so much... because I know now that I made that girl's dream come true and it's something she'll always remember, when it in reality she may not survive the next disney show.....She almost didn't make it to this show, she literally came from the hospital to the show, she even had to have a special wheelchair