Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 973 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #9931
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Cait~ Yay that's the one I voted for xD

@Chocobo~ I thought it was paperclay. LOVE that stuff...and JiaJem...she's got some great tutorials

@LKD ~ I saw the dress on Tumblr. SO CUTE! Also what's the cruise line Rapunzel look like? I haven't seen that one >.>

@Furie ~ About the girl at the Disney On Ice show...that's adorable! I haven't had something that profound happen yet but when I wore my Belle ballgown at dragoncon there was this one girl that didn't want to leave my side. She was the most adorable thing...I wanted to take her home xD
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #9932
After glow
Concentrate and ask again

Taking a break from my MOUNDS of school work to say...

Furie-I think those moments are why we do cosplay--being able to bring some small amount of joy into someones life is priceless and definitely worth all of the hard work. Your story is so cute And your cape looks great!

LKD-Oh my gosh you're doing CRUISE SHIP PUNZIE? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT. And your Soundsational Snow looks AMAZING!

Lime-The thing I love about Punzie's skirt is that you can kind of "cheat" hemming it depending on where you add lace on the bottom. And your progress is FABULOUS!

Chocobo-The staff is AMAZING! I can't WAIT to see pics of your group! Everyone sounds so accurate! And I agree about CA not being as lush as the rest of the country. I live by Sacramento and it's super gross and dry (and full of cows....and bikes haha).

Suzie-Pics of Sally! Neeeeeed pics!

Ali-Your Belle is BEAUTIFUL! The detail is incredible--definitely one of the best I've seen

Aurora-Those strips for Astrid's skirt are looking great!

And a few things on my own progress:

Hopefully, I will have a chance to upload pics from last Friday this afternoon after class! Hopeflully!

Paso and I have been brainstorming (mostly thanks to awesome CM Kevin) about who we want to do next and I think we've got an idea (I will give you a hint about mine....she's the fastest flyer in Pixie Hollow!) HOWEVER, I NEED a new machine before hand because it's going to be dealing with stretchy fabric and my machine just doesn't cut it when dealing with any sort of stretch (I hand sewed everything stretchy regarding Punzie--NEVER AGAIN). So for those who have worked with that type of material, what type of machine do you have and do you like it?

(Oh and for those Dr. Who fans I finished my Amy Pond! Now all I need is someone to take pics haha. Why don't I have any photographer friends?!)
http://vesperlikethemartini.tumblr.com/
After glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #9933
nessabutterfly

After Glow-- when I work with stretch fabrics, I actually just hold onto the fabric in front of and behind the needle and put some slight stretching tension on it. It gives it just enough give to stretch without breaking the stitches. My machine only has a straight stitch (antique singer). When I did superhero costumes though, I dragged out my grandma's junker of a machine and used the narrowest zigzag stitch. The zigzag has a little stretch to it, so if you stretch the fabric a little while sewing, you actually get quite a bit of give in the finished seam. Technically, your best bet is to use the stretch stitch on a serger (4 thread overlock), but I never do. I'm too lazy to add the second needle, and I hate doing my original stitching on the serger because it's permanent-- can't take those seams out again (unless you're going smaller). I only use my serger to finish seams I've already sewed on the other machine.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #9934
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- omg I had that too! This girl just took my hand and started twirling round in her belle dress! It was so cute!!!! I swear that everytime I wear Ariel out, i get back a cuter story/memory which just wipes the floor with the past memories!

AfterGlow- I couldnt agree more!! I think its because of the kids, I've only really focussed on disney cosplay just lately and haven't done a game cosplay in quite some time! It now feels strange for me when I'm not in disney cosplay when Im cosplaying (hope that makes sense!)

I FINISHED MY CLOAK!!!! For the hood I just made it up as I went along lol. But Im happy with the result (I've only done a cloak for one my smaller dolls before) and just in time for tomorrow's photoshoot!!! So expect lots of photos (at least a link to all the photos!) It looks ALOT better with the wig on lol

I also re styled my fringe for Ariel yet again as after last night it kept flopping down onto my forehead and irritating me... so I thinned out the side and just re styled it, really lifting up and over this time- what you guys think? Oh! The giant dinglehopper? ITS A BRUSH I GOT THE DOI SHOW!! HOW COOL!!??

Unread 10-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #9935
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

Thanks guys!! ^.^

LKD: Thanks for the tip! But we're actually not doing the villains group for Disneyland, so it works out. =D Also, that dress is so cute!

Sasha: Yes, Paperclay is amazing. <3 And I also love JiaJem's makeup tutorial!!

After glow: Thank you!! =D haha I'm also really ecited to see everyone's stuff come together- I just hope we finish everything!! lol We need to have all of our villains done by next Thursday, so here's hoping.....But we should definitely have Maleficent, Jafar, Evil Queen, Captain Hook, either Ursula or Gothel, and possibly even a Cruella!
And we have a lot of cows too! I live right next to a ton of dairies. XD

I have progress! No pictures though. =( My Jane top is basically finished- the sleeves are mega poofy! hehe And I started Ursula- 2/6 tentacles finished! Yesssss!
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #9936
After glow
Concentrate and ask again

OMG guys, 100th post! I don't think I've ever posted 100 times anywhere in my LIFE!

Nessa-Thank you so much! I never thought of trying a narrow zig zag stitch! I'm really into straight stitching (my awesome 80s machine kind of scares me a little with the different stitches) but I will definitely give it a try--especially as I really do love my machine, just not what it does to stretchy stuff! I need some junk stretch velvet to play around with first just to double check it will work....

Chocobo-I think I'm most excited to see your Ursula--hardly anyone ever does her and she's SO awesome! I love how you guys have a villains group! And cows FTW!
http://vesperlikethemartini.tumblr.com/
After glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #9937
candyintherain

@FuriePheonix: I GOT ONE TOO!!! I thought it was the coolest thing. I love how it has dinglehopper engraved on the side too. Haha.
candyintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #9938
mj12sgal4eva

so I was at wal mart today and found these bags that could be used for flynns satchel ,,, one is brown ...and i got a black one too .... should i use the brown or black with the black vest ......

what do you guys think ??
mj12sgal4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #9939
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

That is such a wonderful story, FuriePhoenix, that I would like to post that in the Kids' Reactions to Cosplay thread. Is it okay by you?

Last edited by kojirojames2004 : 10-21-2011 at 09:30 PM.
kojirojames2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #9940
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by After glow View Post
OMG guys, 100th post! I don't think I've ever posted 100 times anywhere in my LIFE!

Nessa-Thank you so much! I never thought of trying a narrow zig zag stitch! I'm really into straight stitching (my awesome 80s machine kind of scares me a little with the different stitches) but I will definitely give it a try--especially as I really do love my machine, just not what it does to stretchy stuff! I need some junk stretch velvet to play around with first just to double check it will work....
yay for 100 posts!

And yeah, my grandma's machine is an early 80s monstrosity too. It only has about 8 stitches, but 3 of them are zigzags (Yes, preset zigzags-- no stitch width adjuster on that sucker), and it has a buttonhole setting. That makes it worth keeping around under my table. I need a better machine someday, but having the option to pull it out when I (desperately) need to zigzag or make a buttonhole has gotten me though so far. I live by my singer featherweight (HA! Thing weighs about 30 lbs!) and my serger.

I also used the zigzag stitch on some of the bathing suits I made-- it really holds up to a lot of stretching-- the narrower the stitch, the neater it will look from the outside of the seam though, so do some testing and see how wide you need to make it to get the amount of stretch you're looking for and go with the narrowest you can get away with.

I CAN SHARE NOW!!! Okay, so for a Sailor Moon community I'm in, we had to rewrite the words to a recent song to suit Sailor Moon. I chose When Will My Life begin from Tangled. And I got third place! YAY ME! Here's my video. My voice sucks from being in bed so much all year-- no more lung strength--poo. But other than one horrifically sharp note, it shouldn't make your ears bleed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDAu1Lo7rgM

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 10-22-2011 at 01:00 AM.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #9941
Musicalpencil
great now I'M the bad guy

*shoot, just lost everything I typed*

All this talk about Maleficent makes me want to start work on her (even though I'm so lost where to tackle her. Stupid inconsistent artwork). Headdress alone, I have ideas but no actual plan. There are so many ways to make her horns, but I'm lost how to cover it and attach it firmly to the headpiece and have a firm head base.

Speaking of headpieces, since I may do this for Maleficent too, I've been looking at park Queen photos and noticed the front of her headpiece looks fairly firm/stiff at the top. It also looks like there's some sort of boning or something around the edges by her face but I can't tell if that's what's making it stiff or not (or that if it's "boned" around the entire face).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorenja...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/disney-...n/photostream/

(On an off note, I noticed that the crown is different at WDW from DL's)

Murphy's Law of Cosplay:
"If she thinks for half a minute this is gonna be a stroll,
she can kiss my you-know-what 'cos you-know-who is in control!”

Last edited by Musicalpencil : 10-22-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Musicalpencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 02:59 AM   #9942
Chocobo Jockey
Muffin Sauce

Ack! I'm sorry I've been posting so much, but I have a picture now! ='D Poor quality, and I'm using a different purple for the tie, but whatever...lol

Edit: Also shoes, spats, tights, and the bottoms of pantaloons! haha

Again, sorry for such bad quality! My phone apparently likes to photograph things and desaturate them, then make them blue. >.<
COSTUMES IN PROGRESS:
Mercedes, Odin Sphere
Rapunzel (Ending Gown), Tangled
Codex, The Guild
Yuffie, Final Fantasy VII
Jane, Tarzan
Rinoa, Final Fantasy VIII
Fawn, Disney Fairies

Last edited by Chocobo Jockey : 10-23-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Chocobo Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #9943
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: I love that cloak! The color is just gorgeous. And your wig looks lovely too!

@ Musicalpencil: Wow I really like the look of that hood on the park version of the Queen. It certainly does look like some kind of boning, but that seems like it wouldn't work well going around someone's face like that(At least with the boning I have used), so I wonder if just the top half is boned. if you ever figure out what it is, let me know, it might be useful someday.

@ Chocobo Jockey: Great progress!! Those seams look so crisp and really well done.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #9944
Vendieh
Circus Sauce

Hey everyone! I'm Chocobo's sister, she's been telling me to join this thread for awhile now, so I'm finally doing it, lol. Everyone's costumes look so awesome and I can't wait to see the rest of their progress ^^

Right now I'm working on an Esmeralda for Mickey's Halloween Party for our non-princess group. No progress pics yet but hopefully I'll have some soon.

I've also been working on an Evil Queen cosplay, and I just finished the dress and got some progress pics tonight =D (the rope belt thingy isn't finished yet, I just kinda threw that on there XD)

Vendieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #9945
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
That is such a wonderful story, FuriePhoenix, that I would like to post that in the Kids' Reactions to Cosplay thread. Is it okay by you?
Of course you may! ^___^

Seifer- thank you! I love my cape so much! lol!

So yesterday I had my mega photoshoot as Ariel and Rapunzel on the coast. My Ariel fringe got totally flattened by the wind though... so I gotta style it YET AGAIN! *sigh* I really gotta fathom out how to do the fringe so it doesn't get battered by the weather so much....

A couple of photos:

some other photos can be seen here: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/q...0album/Disney/