Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 868 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #10021
BriarRose88

Thank god I have an embroidery buddy...

BriarRose88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #10022
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Everyone! I need your help!

I know a while back someone etched out the patterns around rapunzels skirt... does anyone know where that image was or who posted it? id love to use it for reference in my painting tonight!

Thanks!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #10023
chrissyann

Furie: Thanks, it kinda made my night.
chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #10024
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Lime - that might have been me, actually!

I have my image, and the correction to it, here: Link to LJ entry.

edited to mention: I didn't include it in the coloring, but in some of the pictures, it looks like there are some minor color variations in the pink parts. The pink flowers sometimes look a brighter pink, and the line around the edge looks slightly more on the violet side. It's not significant, and possibly not even always there, but it's a variation supported by at least some reference that you could add if you want.

Last edited by Ali : 10-27-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #10025
Limeyaku
First-Mate

THANK YOU ALI!!!

Did you count her skirt as 8 panels? I used 7 so I'm going to have to do some adjusting in the print... but that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again! <3
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #10026
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
THANK YOU ALI!!!

Did you count her skirt as 8 panels? I used 7 so I'm going to have to do some adjusting in the print... but that's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again! <3
Yep. I had totally been looking for only 7 total panels, so there would be a seam down the center back where the design would miror, but that was totally not meshing with some of the reference. (In that either her skirt stopped being symmetrical or there had to be at least another panel.) I think it was a combination of this image and this image that finally broke it for me.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't try to cram the whole thing in... just probably work your way to the center back, paying less attention to the seam lines I have, and more to the size and spacing of whatever you're painting, then as you approach the center back, make some adjustments. Even having spent hours and hours poring over reference to get this as close to correct as I could, I still can't generally tell how accurate other Rapunzels are without consulting the sketch again. (Maybe that will change after I spend the 200 hours to embroider everything, but I doubt it.)
Unread 10-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #10027
Arlette
Let it Go

Finished Alice! Totally crappy photo of me, not too flattering, but you get the idea. XD

I'm excited about it!

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #10028
BriarRose88

Lime: I used this doll for the pattern on the skirt http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Tangled.../dp/B0041IAGTW

I compared it to the movie and it seems pretty much the same from what I can tell.
BriarRose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #10029
Aurora's Heart

Sasha- Love the Belle. It looks so good and you look alot like her.

Chrissy- Love the Snow and the story is so cute as well.

Briar Rose- So cute.

Arlette- Love Alice. The pic kinda works if you think about it. Sort of a "I just survived Wonderland" vibe.

Astrid is done and in the hands of my co-worker for her little girls party tomorrow then Boo at the Zoo after. The mom tottaly cried when she saw it 'cause she loved it so much. I have pics and I will warn you, it's picture heavy.

Finished skirt with skulls(Skulls were made by a friend of the mom's)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270628.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270629.jpg

Boots
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270630.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270632.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270633.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270634.jpg

Finished product
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270637.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...s/PA270639.jpg
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #10030
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Chocobo- Yay preview picture! I love how everyone looks and I'm especially excited to see someone do Clopin~

Seifer- Crown looks beautiful *_* I really like how you went with wonderflex and foam rather than just fake flower petals. Nothing wrong with the latter, your's is just so much more to it!

mdelgiorno- Your quick braiding looks really good! I can't wait to see how it's going to look all decked out with flowers(which I find to be the most fun part of the wig)

Lime- That's hand-stitching? Its perfect! I totally envy your neatness and patience with that costume! Squidoo had a breakdown of Rapunzel's costume, complete with the skirt details, but that's all I can recall. Back when I did my skirt, I did save the templates that I doodled if you want them(even if they're not perfect).

Sasha- I voted for you and thanks for sharing mine! And since you have Belle done, should I be getting a move on Babette? I think I have all the fabric for her somewhere.

chrissy- That story is precious! The fact that she was telling you not to be scared was the best XD. Also, what your tumblr name? I'm Benihime78(which I need to change) and I also have DisneyCosplayftw(which you should totally submit your picture and story to)

Arlette- You look cute!

Aurora- Astrid looks amazing! Please get some pictures of the little girl in the costume!

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #10031
AngelicKey

My completed Rapunzel wig! ^^
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #10032
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Sooo today was interesting.

Planned on getting TONS done. Wokr up at 1:30... felt like I had bronchitis ( RIGHT BEFORE HALLOWEEN!?!?!? ) could barely breathe, went through a whole kleenex box, was downright miserable. Had to go sign a quadrillion papers for my new car that I get on Halloween and that took about an hour... had to go buy more crazy glue for Flynn's vest detailing... by the time I actually GOT to working it was 4:30. -_-

I finished Flynn's vest though. THUMBS UP. It looks great and I'm really proud of it!

Fixed up the satchel... added the patch, button, toggle...it looks a LOT better now. Much more like a satchel and much less like a murse.

Probably won't get both of the belts done for Flynn or get around to distressing the boots. -_- I do this every year. SO much procrastinating then I'm miserable I didn't get it done. UGH.

Anyways, went to work on my Punz skirt... the paint SUCKED. It just absorbed into the fabric and looked absolutely horrible. So I rinsed it off and started embroidering. @_@ The shapes are SO sketchy... they look like they're done by a 4 year old... but up close, that's how hers are, and full view, it actually looks insanely cute.

I know I won't get it ALL done. Or even close to it. So I'm just doing every other design up the front on both sides to add a bit of even detail.

My designs are smaller than most... I wanted to fit the pattern as accurately as possible and since I'm pretty short I didn't have a lot of skirt to work with. But I painted them larger at first and just didn't like how it looked either. It felt like they stood out TOO much. Rapunzel's are a fair size but they're very soft against the background. Using embroidery floss, the designs stand out. So the smaller size worked in my favor again, giving the whole designs some flow as opposed to being distracting. Just how I like it to look, though I think others with bigger patterns look beautiful too.

I KNOW I won't get around to painting the sleeves... but I want to remake them in a fabric I can embroider ( and just the whole things overall ) so that's no biggie.

I do wish I got the whole thing done but...serves me right.

Then I find out Travis is working 'til 9 tomorrow when we were supposed to be going to a party at 8... so those plans are kiboshed. On one hand, I'm done work at 4 so I can come home and continue working on things I didn't get to tonight ( mainly the rest of the flowers on my wig and restyling his wig ) and then we'll figure out something else to do. On the other hand, it kind of sucks 'cause the winery we were going to go to kind of looks like the snuggly duckling with all the wood inside. XD Oh well...

Hope everyone else had a better day than me and that all of your costumes come together for the weekend! Can't wait to see pics!

Chocobo Jockey/Vendieh ( I don't know how to spell it ): The one thing that makes me feel better about my situation is remembering the pics of your incomplete but worn-to-a-con Rapunzel. It still looks so amazing and is at the top of my list of favourites. So if you can make it look that good, I hope I can too even if it's not 100% !

Last edited by Limeyaku : 10-28-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #10033
AngelicKey

Quote:
Sooo today was interesting.

Planned on getting TONS done. Wokr up at 1:30... felt like I had bronchitis ( RIGHT BEFORE HALLOWEEN!?!?!? ) could barely breathe, went through a whole kleenex box, was downright miserable. Had to go sign a quadrillion papers for my new car that I get on Halloween and that took about an hour... had to go buy more crazy glue for Flynn's vest detailing... by the time I actually GOT to working it was 4:30. -_-

I finished Flynn's vest though. THUMBS UP. It looks great and I'm really proud of it!

Fixed up the satchel... added the patch, button, toggle...it looks a LOT better now. Much more like a satchel and much less like a murse.

Probably won't get both of the belts done for Flynn or get around to distressing the boots. -_- I do this every year. SO much procrastinating then I'm miserable I didn't get it done. UGH.

Anyways, went to work on my Punz skirt... the paint SUCKED. It just absorbed into the fabric and looked absolutely horrible. So I rinsed it off and started embroidering. @_@ The shapes are SO sketchy... they look like they're done by a 4 year old... but up close, that's how hers are, and full view, it actually looks insanely cute.

I know I won't get it ALL done. Or even close to it. So I'm just doing every other design up the front on both sides to add a bit of even detail.

My designs are smaller than most... I wanted to fit the pattern as accurately as possible and since I'm pretty short I didn't have a lot of skirt to work with. But I painted them larger at first and just didn't like how it looked either. It felt like they stood out TOO much. Rapunzel's are a fair size but they're very soft against the background. Using embroidery floss, the designs stand out. So the smaller size worked in my favor again, giving the whole designs some flow as opposed to being distracting. Just how I like it to look, though I think others with bigger patterns look beautiful too.

I KNOW I won't get around to painting the sleeves... but I want to remake them in a fabric I can embroider ( and just the whole things overall ) so that's no biggie.

I do wish I got the whole thing done but...serves me right.

Then I find out Travis is working 'til 9 tomorrow when we were supposed to be going to a party at 8... so those plans are kiboshed. On one hand, I'm done work at 4 so I can come home and continue working on things I didn't get to tonight ( mainly the rest of the flowers on my wig and restyling his wig ) and then we'll figure out something else to do. On the other hand, it kind of sucks 'cause the winery we were going to go to kind of looks like the snuggly duckling with all the wood inside. XD Oh well...

Hope everyone else had a better day than me and that all of your costumes come together for the weekend! Can't wait to see pics!

Chocobo Jockey/Vendieh ( I don't know how to spell it ): The one thing that makes me feel better about my situation is remembering the pics of your incomplete but worn-to-a-con Rapunzel. It still looks so amazing and is at the top of my list of favourites. So if you can make it look that good, I hope I can too even if it's not 100% !
your skirt looks amazing so far, i'm so not looking forward to doing the embroidery on my skirt XD
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #10034
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Thanks! And your wig looks amazing too!!!! Inspiration to finally finish mine tomorrow >_>

The embroidery sucks

A lot.
Unread 10-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #10035
AngelicKey

Quote:
Thanks! And your wig looks amazing too!!!! Inspiration to finally finish mine tomorrow >_>

The embroidery sucks

A lot.
thanks ^^

ya i've never done embroidery before, but i have my godmother to help me, since she know a bit.