Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 188 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #10396
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Wonderland- I know, right! Some of those old school Disney costumes are downright creepy!

Aurora- Thanks! And since you've gotten your first snow, got any tips for a cosplayer that's used to warm weather but is going to trapped in a frozen wasteland all winter?

Faraday- Saving that album~

I did a make-up test for Mulan today, but I'm not sure how I like it:
http://littlegummyfish.tumblr.com/po...d-to-add-extra
I still have to fix the sleeves as well. There's a tiny part of me that wants to bring my Topsy Turvy Esmeralda to the shoot instead since its been done and has yet to have a proper photoshoot.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #10397
Faraday
oh modern man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
That's an awesome collection! Any chance you have that posted somewhere else, as well, or know some flickr equivalents? Photobucket murders my computer for whatever reason.
Sorry man, I don't. Photobucket is just easier to maintain personally because it's free. I've basically prowled countless flickr pages, search engines, Facebooks, message boards... and compiled them all onto that page. I have a few more saved on my hard drive that I oughtta upload eventually but that may take awhile :P
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #10398
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

So today I was browsing around and found some skirts in clearance (50p/40cents?) each that are the perfect colouring for Vidia! I'm thinking of using them for her feather/leaves. So I'm happy XD!
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #10399
inconspicuous

Beni: Wear very thick tights if you can. I have super thick ones for my Luna Lovegood cosplay. They're lined with a warm plush material. If it's a dress or robe or something of the sort, use a thick underskirt and wear pants or leg warmers if it won't be noticeable. Don't be afraid to accessorize with coats or cloaks. Even if the character doesn't have one, you can design your own that fits the character's costume. If doing outdoor photoshoots, it's nice to be near a building you can quick go inside and warm up. Wear a coat or jacket whenever you're not taking photos. Look at weather predictions to find the best day for a photoshoot (now wind, higher temps, and light snowfall).
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #10400
Aurora's Heart

Beni- hoodies are your best friend. I tend to get them a little larger than fits comfortably. The reason for this is it gives you the warm cuddly feeling you get from snuggling up in a blanket. If you are wanting to keep your hands a little warmer without wearing gloves all day, check out Target. The last couple of years they have sold what are basicaly fingerless gloves. They are knit and can either be wrist length or longer, more like halfway down your forearm. They keep your hands warm but keep your fingers free. I have two of the longer pairs I alternate for working shipment as the merchandise can be very cold to process in the winter. (Ceramic mugs especially) Also don't be afraid to invest in a pair of flannel pj's or wear cotton pj bottoms under your jeans if you get too cold. A good pair of jeans will keep out the cold a lot better than dress type pants. The last tip, layer. It's always better to be too hot than too cold and it's much easier to regulate your temperature. This will also help if you find your coat is not quite adequate and can't aford a better one. Knee socks are also good. Hope this helps.

Well, I got the corset for my Designer Rapunzel cut out. I just need to dye it and then sew it together. Actually I may need to check on interfacing before I sew it together. Minor detail.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #10401
kiggi

so not sure if i could consider this cosplay or not, but muppets are disney too are they not so i am making "us" as muppets for our xmas cards, and since i cant share this w/ anyone else since we want the pics to be a surprise, im sharing it here and as a matter of interest, the sallys beauty supply near me had their paris hilton heat resistant wigs for 2.99.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/CIMG0336.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/CIMG0362.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/CIMG0341.jpg

my son doesnt wear glasses, he just has these sunglass frames he wears around a lot.... i havent done my husbands hair yet. i joked there might be a rapunzel and flynn muppet...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #10402
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Kiggi ~ that is Adorable!

@Cait ~ I saw your makeup test on tumblr. I think it looks good. I'd make the top a little thicker (especially coming towards the outer corner of your eye) it gives your eye a little more of the look your going for I think.

So ladies I need help. I'm putting Ariel on hold to make Rapunzel's Designer Doll dress....and I need wig help. I want to go with something as long as I can find without adding wefts tot make it longer (I know the pain it is to take care of a long wig and keep it pretty...I'll deal)

so far i've found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extra-Long-H...ht_2256wt_1054

but i found another company using an almost identical photograph.

What wigs did you ladies use?
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #10403
Limeyaku
First-Mate

ladysasha, a lot of the china wig sellers on ebay sell the same product, so it's not uncommon to come across the same photo from different sellers.

what i have found though, is that the colour is usually darker in person. the wig i got was at least 2 shades darker than the photo, and this has happened to me with a red and purple wig as well, also from a china seller. i know that colour inconsistencies are natural to an extent, but it's pretty noticeable upon receipt. just a heads up.

example: this was the wig i ordered, and you can see in my photos the actual colour of it. i'm fairly certain the one you linked will be the same as the one i got. even in my photos, it looks great with camera flash, but is a bit darker in person.

keep in mind that rapunzel doesn't have bangs, so trying to hide or comb those ones into the rest might not be so easy. the one i liked has a couple side layers, but they're longer so easier to blend.

on another note, any wigs i've ordered from us sellers have either been black or high quality lace front which have come in exactly as pictured.

man. i really want the designer punz dress but have no idea where i'd wear it. no new years plans yet.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #10404
jdoe7

Kiggi: I was wondering what you were talking about on Facebook! I love them! So creative!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #10405
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Lime ~ Thanks for the heads up. And actually with the Designer Doll Rapunzel she does have this sort of weird bang thing...though I was already planning on buying 2 wigs and combining at least part of the 2nd wig to fill that part in a bit and make it look less bang-y. (the rest of the 2nd wig is going to this weird braid that falls down her back under the sheet of hair.

But yeah if its the same wig you got that color works fine...closer than anything else I've found so far.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #10406
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Aurora, inconspicuous- Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm going to manage a photoshoot during my time up there, but its always good to be prepared. I tend to bundle like crazy when the tempurature drops below 60 degrees as is. What about being stuck inside without being able to leave for the fabric store?
I actually found this picture of Rapunzel at Disneyland Paris, so I might go for something like this:
http://fruits-punch-samurai.devianta...et=24#/d378dc7
I already have some fabulous purple boots and can probably wear a long-sleeved shirt under the bodice. The boots go up pretty high, so they would cover the area not covered by my skirt and in turn, hide the pants that I wear underneath.

Kiggi- That is such a cute and clever idea! Please upload a picture of your card here!

Sasha- Thank you~ I'm such a n00b when it comes to make-up, so I'll take any help I can get.

My deviantArt

Unread 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #10407
kiggi

thanks!!! We take our pics on tues assuming the green screen comes in time. I will most certainly be uploading it here! I am so excited!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #10408
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Faraday, mind if I use your lurking skills with your princess album to contribute them into my own? I've got a photobucket on the go that I'm compiling basically EVERY version of each princess that I can find! Just for us cosplayers to have as reference and ideas. :3
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #10409
jdoe7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
Faraday, mind if I use your lurking skills with your princess album to contribute them into my own? I've got a photobucket on the go that I'm compiling basically EVERY version of each princess that I can find! Just for us cosplayers to have as reference and ideas. :3
Lime I love that idea!!! So handy!!!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #10410
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

kiggi- You're welcome!

Has anyone been on the Arda site today? They're about to come out with a bunch of new wigs! http://kingdom-arts.org/styles.html

Time for me to show off my showing spoils! The shoes on the left are my Anastasia shoes. They were so comfortable, sparkly, gold, and $15, so I had to get them. The shoes next to them are my Mulan shoes that I actually bought a few months ago, but forgot to show off. And the crown is also for my Anastasia that I bought today. I had originally made a crown, but I didn't like it, so I went for something with a little more bling. What do you think?

And even though she's not Disney, has anyone ever thought about cosplaying Marina from Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas?

My deviantArt

Last edited by Benihime78 : 12-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.