Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1052 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #10501
creativecrater
browncoat trekkie

So yesterday my sis and I were taking pics for the New Year's party my friend is planning while we were watching Tangled. So Flynn's smolder came on and we gave it a try and VOIS-LA! Accidental TinkerBell. So now I'm thinking of joining the ranks of disney cosplayers because I might be able to pull off a good tink. what do you think? Tink?
Please PM if you have pics or vids of us!

"Get Ready. This is the I.C.U. The Intensive Cosplay Unit. Dirty bit."
creativecrater is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #10502
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

I'm ripping out my hair on both finding a Mother Gothel wig for my mom, and how to sew the little ribbon stripes onto my pooftasmic Rapunzel sleeves. Any pointers people?

I think I might have found a wig but not sure....how's this one looking?
http://www.epiccosplay.com/24-black-...splay-wig.html

and @creativecrater- so Tink!!! I think you should go for it.
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con

Last edited by FinalFantasyXKH : 12-27-2011 at 04:47 PM.
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #10503
blueassassin547
Brilliant!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecrater View Post
So yesterday my sis and I were taking pics for the New Year's party my friend is planning while we were watching Tangled. So Flynn's smolder came on and we gave it a try and VOIS-LA! Accidental TinkerBell. So now I'm thinking of joining the ranks of disney cosplayers because I might be able to pull off a good tink. what do you think? Tink?
more like 'what do you TINK?' AMIRITE?
blueassassin547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #10504
nessabutterfly

Sasha-- be careful dying your fabric-- the heat from the dye bath might take out the pleats. Did you check the care instructions? Also, I'd suggest doing a trial run to make sure it doesn't flatten out. Hopefully it works out!!

And Scarlett-- your Vanessa is awsome-- so crisp and perfect.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #10505
kiggi

secret santa i LOVE it!!!! (im not sure if we're saying who had us or not) its so AWESOME!!!

to my secret santa, im going to be sending it the beginning of next week , ill have a chance to get to the post office sorry!

aurora, i have the same thing. i got it last night. its awful.

i need to start redoing rapunzels skirt/sleeves in the new fabric. i think im possibly going with my sisters bf to ohayo con... i just have to commit. but i dont know, its still my busy season...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #10506
Aurora's Heart

Sasha- Found a couple more pics of that group from the convention site.
http://starland.com/gallery3/index.p...F2010Cindy1015
http://starland.com/gallery3/index.p...F2010Cindy1016

Kiggi- Hope you feel better soon.

creativecrater- Go for it. The more Tink the merrier.

Started sewing my waist cincher together today. I officaly need to get into shape. (Not making a resolution just saying) It should come together quickly. *crosses fingers* Now I just have to worry about my friend who might not be able to make it on saturday. *Sigh*

Last edited by Aurora's Heart : 12-27-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Aurora's Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #10507
protectorkorii

Creativecarter- definitely a Tink!

FinalFantasy- That looks like a good Mother Gothel wig. As for the ribbon stripes on the sleeve, in the parks hers kind of 'poof' off of them, like Snow White's do in the parks. What I did was just laid the ribbons on the sleeves, matching them up with the patter piece. then I just sewed right across the top and bottom of the ribbons. When you gather and sew the sleeves back on it gives it a nice look and kind of makes them a bit poofier. That may help?

And... while i'm here I'll just post some photos of the Ariel costume i made for a little girl! She looks just like Ariel I think!

Ariel Pink 1 by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr

Ariel Pink 3 by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr

While she was at my house for the photoshoot and fitting, I taught her how to play and sing "Some day my prince will come" From Snow White. She LOVED it and kept telling me about how when the princesses came to her birthday party (which I was the princess Rapunzel for it) she was going to sing it for them..... So when the day came and Rapunzel, Belle, and Ariel arrived at the party she sang it! I was so proud of her! She was also wearing the dress I'd made:

Hugs Goodbye 2 by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr

^ That's me as Rapunzel getting a hug from her. She didn't realize it was me!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #10508
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- this is the wig I found, they only have like 4 wigs in stock of it so Im hoping they will still be in stock next week...though IF they start selling before then then I might just go for it if i can. Dont wanna miss out on this wig i love it! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2807520648... 4.m1423.l2649

korii- that little ariel dress is utterly adorable! Thats sos weet and cool she didn't recognise you when you were punzie- makes it more magical! ^_^ Proves you did a good job too!

I managed to get my fabric dye this morning online for dying my Meg dress when I feel better. I've been ill all over christmas it sucks lol! Though receiving Simba and Nala plushies for christmas from my friend helped put a smile on my face! ^_^
Ooh! I'm over the half way mark too of my £400 cost for my Ariel park gown commission! I have the best friends ever i swear! Cant wait to pay the first lot off when i feel well enough to get out of the apartment XD! Just got another £190 to go.. lol
Unread 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #10509
TopHatDown
wantstomakeallthecosplays

So I officially 'started' Cinderella today by starting with the hoop skirt. I'm using MangoChuntleys(spelling? :<) method, sans the soakerline because I simply /cannot/ find it. I bought 1/4'' tubing while extremely tired and not remembering it was 1/2'' soaker line she was using anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions for boning alternatives? The junk I bought won't cut it. XD Ner....I wish I knew where my grandma got the boning thats in our hoop skirts. That stuffs lovely.
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #10510
nessabutterfly

Top Hat-- Back to the hardware store with you! Use the giant zip ties for boning. They work great and cut easily with strong scissors. Make sure to put them in with the smooth side facing out and the ribbed side toward your body. Buy the 36" white/clear ones. They work SOOO much better than plastic boning. You'll get a similar effect to straight steel boning, but they're thicker. I used it on both my Ariel and Snow White bodices.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/311431/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/344884/

Good luck! (There are a few others around here who have used it too, so if you have any questions, ask away. Hopefully one of us will see it pretty quick)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:15 AM   #10511
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Korii: here's the pleated fabric i found http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...k/IMG_2004.jpg

Nessa ~ yeah i defnitely thought of that. trust me I did. I got extra just so i can do a test. here's to hoping.

Sooo I ordered my Rapunzel wigs today! ANNND I found a braid headband thing (though I think I'm going to wait for my wigs to come in so i can compare the colors) I have pretty much everything I need now! So excited!

here's the fabrics I bought for the dress and waist cincher http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...k/IMG_2002.jpg

If you click the link i posted for Korii you can see the things that's *hopefully* going to be my pleated thing.

I cant wait to get started on her. With the colors I'm going more the artwork than the doll. I also am making rhinestone flowers on her waist cincher instead of doing a floral print or just using huge rhinestones. Its going to be my first time working with them and I'm very excited! I'm probably going to work on it some tomorrow so hopefully I'll finally have some progress for you guys ! yay!
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #10512
Aurora's Heart

Korii- Love the Ariel dress. I do agree that she looks like Ariel.

I have the waist cincher 50% done on my Rapunzel Designer dress. The dress is 50% done and the wig is 100% done. I finished it this afternoon and it looks good. I also can't believe how awsome the wig is I found. I kinda wish I'd gotten more than one before they sold them all, but oh well. It is the easiest wig to come through because of this and time, I decided to just use a pice of hair form the wig for the braid thing. It doesn't look exactly like either the artwork or the doll, but I don't really care because the braid mostly disapears in both. It seems almost like an after thought. I sewed the braid to the wig and it turned out fairly good. Here are some pics so you guys can decide. I havn't tried it on yet, but it should look just as good on my as the wig head.

Unread 12-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #10513
protectorkorii

LadySasha- Nice fabrics! I really liked that pleated fabric. next time I go to Joanns I have to try and find it or something similar. I can't wait to see your dress. the rhinestone flowers will probably be beautiful!

Aurora's Heart- Thanks! And your wig looks AMAZING. Just from looking at it I want one. If they weren't sold out like you said I'd ask for the link.

So in Cosplay news I found my hair today. I'd bought some from Doctored Locks. Well, it apparently came all the way back on the 19th, however the UPS guy was super stupid and put it UNDER my porch. You know in the little bits that no one ever looks at and are home to rats and rodents and stuff? yea... so my hair has been under there for weeks. luckily the rodents hadn't eaten any of it since it was tripple wrapped. The hair however was soaked through. currently it is hanging up in my bathroom to dry. I'm hoping that it'll still be fine! If not do you think Doctored Locks will replace it for me?
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #10514
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Aurora ~ I loove your wig! Are you going to do the braid that goes down on the underside? I'm still undecided if I want to or not...

Korii ~ Omg that's awful. I'd send an email to doctored locks to see, if not email or call UPS and complain/see if there's anything they can do.

So ordered the last thing I needed for my Designer Rapunzel wig today. Arda wigs has already made braid headband things. Hopefully they'll match the wig well enough, just saves me some time since I'm so overloaded with costuming stuff right now. The less I have to do the better.

I got my secret santa in today! Thanks. I love the hair clip things, the Disneyland globe (OMG I own something from Disneyland!) and the picture! <3 so much! Alexandra I can't for the life of me remember your SN on here but like I said in the post on the fb group thank youuu!
sorry it's not a great pic. Webcam =/
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #10515
TopHatDown
wantstomakeallthecosplays

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Top Hat-- Back to the hardware store with you! Use the giant zip ties for boning. They work great and cut easily with strong scissors. Make sure to put them in with the smooth side facing out and the ribbed side toward your body. Buy the 36" white/clear ones. They work SOOO much better than plastic boning. You'll get a similar effect to straight steel boning, but they're thicker. I used it on both my Ariel and Snow White bodices.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/311431/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/344884/

Good luck! (There are a few others around here who have used it too, so if you have any questions, ask away. Hopefully one of us will see it pretty quick)
Okay. That sounds great. :3 But won't you see the areas where the zip ties meet, since I kind of am making a large hoop? And those two cosplays look great!

Edit: So I just got my shoes and my gloves in the mail - (I ordered them on Christmas. o_O) and there are black spots /inside the plastic/. Like, the shoe is somehow stained. IDEK. You can see some of the spots in my crappy webcam picture. :/ Sad. Any ideas? I just contacted the seller, so we shall see what will happen I guess?

Last edited by TopHatDown : 12-29-2011 at 02:30 PM.
TopHatDown is offline   Reply With Quote