Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1145 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #10516
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

TopHat ~ Wow minus the black spots you're talking about those are the PERFECT cindy shoes! Where did you find them?!

And I've been working on and off on this stupid waist cincher....it just doesn't want to cooperate....I hope this isn't a hint of things to come for this costume GUHHH.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #10517
nessabutterfly

Top-hat. I thought you meant boning for a corset or bodice. If you're looking for a replacement for hoop-steel, I used half inch poly tubing for one of my hoops(the kinda frosty looking clear stuff) from Lowes. I had bought a roll of hoop steel but I was about a foot short for my last hoop, so I needed to find something else... You can get little tube connecters in the same aisle that'll let you connect the two ends of the tubing together. I can't remember what they're called, but they're brass and come to a point on each end, but have graduated ridges. When you wedge them into the tubing, it stretches it just a little, then holds on.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #10518
protectorkorii

LadySasha- I can only see a bit of the picture you got for your secret santa, but it looks great! Is that Rapunzel wearing the scarf on her head? Hope your waist clincer works out. Sometimes one thing goes wrong, but when you try it again later everything comes together. Hope that's the case for you!

TopHatDown- Those are PERFECT cindy shoes. Hopefully the spots will come out. If not, hopefully the seller will replace them for you.

Also: WonderlandAlice and I have started a new facebook page called Princess Party Network. If you have a Princess Party business, or are thinking of starting your own, please join this page! It'll be a great way for everyone to discuss what they do for parties, their costumes, their games, crafts, and other stuff! So please like and start posting!

here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/PrincessPartyNetwork
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #10519
TopHatDown
wantstomakeallthecosplays

LadySasha - I got them on ebay. I think the seller already refunded me the money, I'm going to peak at that in a minute. They are branded Funtaisma and the shoe is called 'Ariel' in some places.

Nessa - Thank you! I think I got their pint-sized cousin before. In either case, I have a good alternative to both if I ever have to make a corset. XD And the guys face at Carter Lumber earlier today when I asked for 'huge zip ties, like, if its ridiculous, they just might be big enough' was very amusing. XD

Korii - Thanks! And I think the seller refunded me already. o_O''

You guys are all so great! I am attempting to drag my Repunzel in here by she is resisting. XD
Unread 12-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #10520
Aurora's Heart

Sasha- glad you like the wig. I'm not planning on the braid hanging down. Mainly 'cause I'm not sure how I would sew the end to the wig without it getting cought on something and tearing out the rest of the braid. Plus I'm not sure how it would look. I'm freaked out enough about having the wig long so, I don't think I need to add anymore drama to it.

Korii- Thanks. I'm bummed they are sold out as well. I was thinking of making the braid of doom with it, but now I'm freaked I can match wefts and such. We'll see how this goes and maybe I'll just leave the wig down.

TopHatDown-Love the shoes and gloves. Almost makes me want to make a Cinderella dress.

I'm getting closer to finishing my Designer Rapunzel. I learned how to sew bonning channels in today. I also thought I may have screwed up the waist cincher by sewing in two pannels wrong, but I just flipped the whole thing upside down and it works fine. Go figure. I just have two more bonning channels to sew in, then add the bonning, secure them, baste the pieces together and add the ribbon trim. Then I just put in eyelets and lace it up. The dress is all done except for a zipper and the ruffle thing just needs to be pleated. Of course there are jewels to add, but I got time.
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #10521
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Korii ~ It's Ariel as a Griffindor, Cindy as a Slytherin, Belle as a Ravenclaw and Rapunzel as a Hufflepuff.

Underneath is says "Brave, Ambitious, Smart, Hufflepuff" xD if you're in the HP fandom Hufflepuff gets made fun of ALOT. T_T (Which sucks cuz its my favorite house lol)

Aurora ~ Lol I was just curious if you were or not. I'm still super undecided about it. Guess we'll see I can't wait to see yours finished!~ And aren't boning channels the bee's knees!

I have progress of my own! Besides needing to take it in a little and add my rhinestone flowers the waist cincher is DONE. It only took me....oh idk all friggen day! But I feel good about it. Going to see what I can get done on the dress tomorrow (Hoping that will be easier seeing as I've made a good number of dresses in the past. Still debating if I want to use my spiral steel boning on the dress bodice or not. but I snapped a pic of the waist cincher on my dressform:

but on that note...I need to get some sleep. :3
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:45 AM   #10522
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Not a lot to report...
I probably won't get much of a chance to work on it til spring, but I finally have some photos of the fabrics I found for my Designer Tiana.

I'll probably end up adding even more sparkle to the organza. When I found that stuff (that pretty perfectly matched the satin I'd already had) it was difficult not to jump on it. I've got some silks I'll probably end up using to make the flowers, and I'm really looking forward to shopping for sparkly jewels and beads when it comes time to embellish everything!

Lady Sasha - Again, so happy you like the gifts! And I'm super glad you'll be able to use the pearl combs; I'm sorely tempted to make myself a set, as well!
I've been on a big Harry Potter kick, so getting to do a little crossover fanart was kind of a treat as well!
(Anyone who has not seen The Second City's "Hogwarts" video should check that out immediately.)

Loving the progress on the Designer Rapunzels! My roommate will be making that version, too, so it's kind of cool to see all of them!

Last edited by Ali : 12-30-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #10523
LKD
Is a princess!!

sasha- That ribbon looks like the one I used on my old Rapunzel sleeves XD so awesome~
Unread 12-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #10524
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@LKD ~ Lol that's too funny xD it was actually a spool I had laying around from like...2 years ago for Serah's vest thingy from FFXIII xD I saw it and was like YES! IT'S PINK. SAVING MONEYYY.

Ali ~ That fabric is so pretty! Can't wait to see the Tiana done! I actually have a friend that's making that right now.

I'm debating working on the costume today. Might work on the dress in a bit. Don't feel like dying anything so probably not going to be doing that >.> (in all honesty I'm terrified to try it out cuz idk what I'm going to do if it doesn't work...)
Unread 12-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #10525
nessabutterfly

Sasha-- if it doesn't work, you will just re-pleat the fabric. They make pleating boards where you shove the fabric into little grooves, then iron the whole thing at once. Not sure where to get ont though.... why look at that-- you can make your own! http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques...-pleater-board Or this http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...iew.pl?ID=1690

But hopefully the pleats will stay in!
Unread 12-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #10526
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- that cincher is amazing!!!

TopHat- those shoes are perfect for cinders! Shame about the black spots you mentioned.

As for me, the fabric dye turned up today for my Meg cosplay so when I can get out I'm gonna get some latex gloves as I dont think we have any in at the moment, and then I'll be dying my base dress for her and get working on it. I cant wait to be Meg! Thinking about it.. i dont think I ever showed a pic of the base dress I'll be editing for Meg...the neckline needs altering and the back needs lowering but here it is:
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:44 PM   #10527
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Nessa ~ Omg <3 you are amazing Thanks for finding that!

Furie ~ Thanks. And I LOVE the base dress you found for meg! I can't wait to see it dyed and everything!
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #10528
nessabutterfly

sasha-- you're welcome. I'll probably make my own some day... It'll make pleated skirts SOO much easier!
Unread 12-31-2011, 07:14 AM   #10529
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Furie ~ Thanks. And I LOVE the base dress you found for meg! I can't wait to see it dyed and everything!
Thanks! I had it laying around for an original cosplay idea a few years back for Queen Athena from A midnight's summer dream. Then it occurred to me a couple of months back (or month back cant remember lol) that I could edit into Meg's to save on money as I have another 4 to make for one event and others to make for another 2 or 3 events in the next 4 months.

I love finding pieces laying around that means saving money lol
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #10530
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

Is it bad that I'm a little intimidated to poke my head into such a huge thread? XD But here I go! Diving in~

I'm finally getting around to a Disney costume. I'm surprised it took this long. I'm going to start working on Princess Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron in a couple of days, as my easy costume for Megacon (I need something simple to balance out the insanity that is Loki). What is less easy is making sure I have the right patterns and fabrics. I think I need to go screencap the movie on my own, because decent images from the movie seem to be severely lacking (or I just suck at looking).

I am really excited about having an excuse to order an LED contact juggling ball. I want her light bauble. I just haven't decided if I want it in yellow or in white... thoughts anyone?

Also, Nessa -- those pleating board links are AMAZING. I don't have anything with proper pleats for a while (Eilonwy has all of like five on her skirt it seems), but I feel like that is one of the most useful things to have in my sewing closet.
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote