Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #10561
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

So I started work finishing the Rapunzel costume. I got my underskirt done and I'm doing the pattern on the skirt as we speak. I'll have some pictures soon. The ribbon on the sleeves is being a real thorn in my side.
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #10562
WonderlandAlice

kiggi- I haven't used that Lacey wig before but I do have their Gibson Girl Deluxe, Full Fluff Deluxe, and Little Women wig. I also know someone who bought the Tinker Bell. The hair fiber is always nice, but I have found with the updo Gibson Girl it can be VERY tight. My friend has a slightly rounder head and trying to pin the wig down enough to hide all the hair at the temples and nape of the neck is a pain. There just isn't any give to the wig when it is in an updo. I also pinned the bun on the Gibson Deluxe like crazy because there were only about 3 or 4 pins in it. I love the Lacey line, but I know personally, I won't be buying another updo. Perhaps someone else can speak to this wig specifically in terms of fit!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #10563
kiggi

thanks!! would it be better to use something like this and redo the hair to be the style i want? or is it really the same difference?
http://www.milanoo.com/Golden-50cm-B...ig-p42565.html

or this one... does it read cinderella? http://www.milanoo.com/Umineko-No-Na...ig-p20322.html its pretty!

i would probably pull back the tendrils and such...

kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #10564
Aurora's Heart

Korii- Glad you liked it. I got alot of comments on the wig as well.

Kiggi- Thanks.

jdoe- Well Utah is only a stones throw away from Colorado so, not that isolated I guess.

Furie- Thanks and I agree about the doll. She needed the boots.

Beni- Glad you like it. It was kind of a masquerade. It's the NYE party my local Anime con throws every year. People are encouraged to dress the characters up. Basically what would Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, or Ichigo where to a fancy ball. A couple fo us on the con forum decided to take insperation from the Designer Dolls and make a princess group.

I'll see if i can post some close up pics of the individual pieces of my costume. Now I jsut have to collect the rest of the materials for my movie version of Rapunzel.
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #10565
protectorkorii

Kariri- That sounds great! (both your present and your group) i can't wait to see how it turns out.

Kiggi- That fabric is absolutely georgeous! I saw that same fabric awhile ago but it wasn't on clearance so I could never afford it.

Also, for wig A: my friend bought that one. It is actually a bit darker than the picture shows if that is your only concern. I believe it is big enough to pin down too. It has quite a bit of 'fluff' to it, so I just pull that down when I pin. It covers up any extra hair and keeps it from going crazy with the fluff. I really liked the one my friend had, but she wouldn't let me try it on so I cna't give any more help. Your Wig B: choice you should go with though if you feel better. I'm not sure what you'd do with the curls, but if you have an idea go with it!

Pittsbrugh Comicon is at the end of April. Here is a link to the site! i've never gone, so it'll be my first time. http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/ (Please don't feel obligated to go!)

FinalFantasyXKH- Good luck!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #10566
kiggi

yeah I watched that fabric from 20.00 or so a yard, then it was 10.00 with 50% off redline bringing it to 5.00 then the add'l 30% off entire purchase bringing it to 3.50 a yard. So I bought 16 yards they still have some so I should get started so incase I need more it's still there

thanks on the wig reviews! Yeah I would just pull the tendrils back into the bun, or chop them the length of the bangs whichever was easier I like both, I just figured I didn't want to go super blonde since I don't look super good as one... I wear punzel because I love her, not because the wig suits me
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #10567
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Korii- this is the mother gothel doll: http://www.disneystore.co.uk/rapunze...43283/1000255/ the images dont do it much justice as the likeness is fantastic in my opinion considering its a barbie doll lol
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #10568
jdoe7

Aurora: yeah that's true! I forgot you're not too far from me
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #10569
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

Phew..so I'm not getting as far as I hoped. I have pics of the underskirt and a lining I'm using (I will be putting up pictures of the finished skirt once it's finished) but my iphone camera isnt perfect....
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...sic/photo1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...c/photo2-1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...usic/photo.jpg

PLANNED COSPLAYS

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
Unread 01-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #10570
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Aurora ~ Your Punzie looks awesome And that Pocahontas O.o wow. That beading.

alice4ck~ Try looking on Deviantart.com. This site's search engine is pretty awful.

Sooooo...none of the glues I have work between the fabric and rhinestones....so I need to keep working at it. So I haven't really had a chance to go to a store and find something that wold work. Any suggestions?
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #10571
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Sooooo...none of the glues I have work between the fabric and rhinestones....so I need to keep working at it. So I haven't really had a chance to go to a store and find something that wold work. Any suggestions?
I use Jewel-It quite a lot. It's available nearly everywhere, dries clear and a little flexible, and has a pretty wide variety of uses (I've also diluted it and used it for wig styling).
Cons are that it takes a little time to really get tacky and set, and often gives the fabric kind of a "wet" appearance underneath, so you want to be pretty careful with it.
I used it for attaching sequins to Belle and rhinestones to Ariel, and was pretty pleased with the results. I think I only lost one or two out of 1000+.

Jewel-It has sometimes failed me, though, like with attaching some bulkier rhinestones or metal bits, and in those cases, plain old Tacky Glue worked great. I like the consistency of Tacky Glue a little better (feels easier to control) and it seems to set a little bit faster. It's a pretty versatile glue, and nice to have around.

I'd give either of those a try. They're both so handy, you won't regret picking up one of each to keep on hand.
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #10572
BlushandBobbins

Jolly Holiday

Hey everyone! So I popped in and said hello awhile ago and then disappeared. With the holidays I have finally had a bit of time to costume. My next project is Mary Poppins in her jolly holiday dress. I finished the first layer of the dress. There are a few alterations I need to make and it isn't perfect (practically perfect... haha jk) and my ocd will probably kick in for me to fix it, but I am hoping the organza layer and red corset will make it unnoticeable. I am also going to make a petticoat for it. I altered the pattern from a poodle skirt circular pattern so when I spin it goes completely parallel to the ground like the park's version. (I am such a little girl haha). Sorry the picture is a little blurry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mary part 1.jpg (39.0 KB, 0 views)
BlushandBobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #10573
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

alice- You're welcome. Have you tried looking around on deviantArt for KP cosplay refs?

korii- Thanks! I guess I'll have to hold of Ariel then. Its weird because you'd think that she'd be popular, but it make sense that kids wouldn't recognize her out of her tail. If you had to rank the princesses from most popular to least, how would you rank them? Sorry for all the dumb questions- I'm trying to get as much info as possible before I start anything.

Wonderland- Since I know you also princess parties/volunteering, what are some popular characters in your experience?

kiggi- I know I've said it before, but your son is so cute!

FinalFantasy- Looks nice! What exactly is giving you the trouble with the ribbon?

kiggi- I know this isn't exactly helping with your wig decision, but hopefully it will open up some options. From what I've heard, Cindy's hairstyle is a French twist and not a beehive, but its a good styling tutorial if you decide to go with it: http://kingdom-arts.org/tutorials/Co.../tutorial.html
(/completely pointless and useless info)

Aurora- Of course! I've been wanting to go to another dance like that and the designer gowns are good ideas!

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #10574
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

@Benihime78 I'm just easily frustrated with sewing ribbon on. It's a chore I think. Thankfully I'm getting close to finishing. Just patience! Pictures will come up soon.

PLANNED COSPLAYS

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #10575
Faraday
oh modern man.

Beni- oic u passing on my tutorial~

Kiggi- Are you doing more of an animated Cinderella style or parks character? I've done the animated version before here's some pictures of the completed style for your reference.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/img5506z.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/img5506d.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/img5506j.jpg/
To do it, you'll need to seperate your wig into 2 sections (not including bangs).
1) The front section: tie back into a ponytail.
2) The bottom section: style into a french twist.
3) Back to the front to make the bun: Seperate a veil, back comb the rest of the ponytail so it's nice and fluffy, use the veil to cover the mess. You then pin the veil&mess just above the ponytail tie. After pinning, adjust the fluff and sculpt your new bun, smoothing it out as you see fit (if you have any hair from your french twist sticking up you can stick it under the bun). After smoothing it out, pin the bun into place and you're done!

I hope this helps, I may just make a video for it eventually, lmao.