Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 965 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #10576
kiggi

lady sasha, there are those rhinestones that you use a heat tool and they perma bond. Those are awesome! Most craft stores sell them I think it's jolenes or something that I have?

beni, Thanks! I was thinking that with the one in pigtails, to take it down and french twist and curl. I like the color of the red one I'm still open and looking... It's hard. Rapunzel was easy, long and blonde... Cindi? It's a color debate...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #10577
protectorkorii

kiggi- I really need to get to Joanns soon before my coupons expire. I'm going to see if I can snag som of that for my princess dresses. Good luck with the wigs too btw! I look pretty awful as a blonde myself so i'm always trying to get away with as red of a blonde as I can.

Furie- that's such a pretty doll! I kind of want her so she'll go with my Flynn and Rapunzel.

FinalFantasy- looking good so far! I like the trim your using around her skirt.

LadySasha- I can't say for sure but I would guess tackey glue would work. I remember using this back when I was in grade school for rinestone-ing a purse for girlscouts.

Blushandbobbins- I love Marry's Jolly Holiday outfit! I was going to make it myself but ended up just wuitting after I made the hat. I can't wait for you to do it though. I LOVE that outfit! (and the photo looks good too)

Beni- Lets see... princesses popularity is as follows for me: Belle, Snow White, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Ariel (mixed reviews as some people don't recognize her), Cinderella, and then Sleeping Beauty. I know other people and companies have more luck with Cinderella than I do. Also Tinkerbell is also popular though the other fairies aren't. (that's perfectly fine btw to ask questions! Are you trying to start a business or just a visiting thing?)

Faraday- OMG that cinderella wig is perfect! I wish I'd asked before I'd bought my wig because I totally would have wanted to do that. UGH.
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #10578
WonderlandAlice

Beni- My most popular characters right now are Rapunzel and Tinker Bell. Last year it was Alice in Wonderland and Snow White. After that Cinderella is the most popular. I don't offer Belle, so I can't speak to that and Ariel is hardly EVER requested, only once in two years. Sleeping Beauty has been requested twice in two years. Pocahontas, Mulan, Jasmine...only requested once.

Princess-wise: 1)Rapunzel 2) Snow White 3) Cinderella. Rapunzel is all about that hair, and after that the girls want someone in a ballgown. Hope that helps!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #10579
kiggi

faraday, that looks awesome!!! i may use that styling, or similar you guys are great!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #10580
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey, ladies! (And gents!) Everyone's stuff looks great! I actually got around to a little sewing myself!

It's the center panel of Snow White's bodice. :3 It took about 2 hours, believe it or not. I think it turned out rather well, though!
Unread 01-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #10581
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

ALRIGHT!!! progress!!!!

I am so beyond proud of myself, this is by far the most beautiful thing I have ever made. Rapunzel is my favorite costume ever I think. I am super happy. I really really really love it.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...1 63735_o.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s... 300382_o.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...2 08783_o.jpg

And @Suzie Blue good work!!!
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con

Last edited by FinalFantasyXKH : 01-04-2012 at 01:41 AM.
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #10582
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Just popping in to say everyone's progress is looking fantastic! ^_^

Faraday- I love how you styled that Cinderella wig its so perfect!

oooooooo! Myself and mom have started making notes of prices for disneyworld in october! YAY!!!! So we're definitely going! We'l be booking our deposit in about a month or something- i cant wait!
Unread 01-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #10583
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Has anyone here thought about doing the Fireside Girls from Phineas and Ferb? Seems to look easy and fun (yellow top and beret, brown miniskirt and sash with shapes),
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #10584
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

*comes out of lurking* So this weekend I'll be wearing the Rapunzel costume I made recently, hoping that it goes well.

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #10585
CrazyCookie2111

Hello, Everyone!! Happpy New Year!! ^__^

So, I have finally gather all the materials for Tiana's blue gown. However, I'm a little nervous to sew the dress. Well I'm nervous about the bust area. Got any tips??

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
CrazyCookie2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #10586
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

Today I paint my swirly flower patterns on my skirt I think! I'm terrified to do it though, it is just so pretty just the way it is.... I forgot to tell everyone when I posted my skirt and stuff that I've been purposefully using a yellow/gold thread to sew the costume because I like the idea of the Rapunzel gold and purple theme.

ALSO. I am trying to (VERY quickly, I've got til the 13th which is the con) put together a Gothel outfit for my mom (oh yeah, mother daughter cosplays ROCK.) I have sort of a dress already....any advice on how to fix it up? Here it's worn by a friend of mine (not particularly flattering on her but the point is there.)

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...1318108751.jpg
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...1318108590.jpg
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con

Last edited by FinalFantasyXKH : 01-04-2012 at 12:10 PM.
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #10587
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

I have tacky-glue! I'll try that! thanks guys!

Kiggi ~ I wish they were the heat bonded ones. I'd be done! But the only ones my joann's had were itty bitty and wouldn't work T_T Those were the ones I was hoping to buy too. =/

So much progress! Awesome guys! Hopefully I'll have more before the end of the day. :3 I plan on getting my base dress done for Designer Rapunzel today!
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #10588
UchihaGirl
The Cosplay Mouseketteer

Since I'm not sure if I posted a finished version of the dress, here is my Chriatmas Belle!

Also, I bought the fabric to start my Designer Poca. Need to see if I can find a temporary tattoo for her tattoo......these things were easier back in the day...
MegaCon, SWW, MetroCon, AFO, DragonCon, ShadoCon, Holiday Matsuri.

MegaCon Cosplay List

Merle
Giganta
2nd Doctor Aurora
UchihaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #10589
WonderlandAlice

I have a wig for Sleeping Beauty and I don't know if it is heat resistant or not. I want to style her bangs which are long and meant to be swept to the side. Any styling suggestions for how to give them that curl without damaging the wig fibers?
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #10590
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandAlice View Post
I have a wig for Sleeping Beauty and I don't know if it is heat resistant or not. I want to style her bangs which are long and meant to be swept to the side. Any styling suggestions for how to give them that curl without damaging the wig fibers?
I've curled many non heat resistant with a curling iron. I find older ones work better as they don't get as hot as the new ones... whatever you use, VERY low heat and it seems that spraying it well with hairspray before helps protect it a bit.

A safer way would to be just to twist the hair and hold it in a twisted or curled shape while spraying with some super hold hairspray... hold it for a minute or two until it's dry and that usually holds shape well too!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote