Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #10651
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Beni ~ two things 1. I'm so jelly about you getting a chance to do that with the cinderella girl. I'd love to do stuff like that =/ and 2 for jim. I actually kinda had to do something like that for my Onion Knight wig (though not QUITE as short as Jim's is) but you can do the short cut but if you do I definitely suggest getting matching wefts and filling in the wig more. because when I cut it shorter on Onion some of the cap showed through (luckily I had a helmet over it but it was still an issue to me)

And it was worse when I had it acutally on my head (since my head is a few inches bigger than the wig head.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #10652
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Beni- no way! I was thinking of Jim Hawkins too the other day!

OMG i found the perfect velvet today for Gothel and ended up getting it. I got 4 and a half metres for £13.50/$20.69!!! its the same quality velvet as my rapunzel cloak too so very good quality! Now to get the other bits lol
Unread 01-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #10653
protectorkorii

Beni- that's great that you'll get to be Rapunzel! I can't wait to hear stories. And good luck with Jim if you end up doing that.

Aurora's Heart- Oh! A large safety pin may work. Thanks for the idea! And those make ups are amazing.

Kiggi- You still have stores open? Lucky! All of ours closed last year. I heard the reason they were doing so was because they wanted to make it more exclusive- like they were going to force you to either order online or go to Disney.

Furie- that's a great price! I wish I could get velvet that cheap!

In cosplay news not much yet. I did some more work on Rapunzel. Other than that I found a nice prom dress on Ebay that should work good for Tinkerbell. I'm also thinking of buying some wings to go with it. I found these which I think will work nicely!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #10654
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Korii- those wings are dead cute!

I keep debating whether to make Gothel's cloak or not...I'd probably only wear it for the skit, so do people think its worth it as the con its for is inside a hotel so I doubt we'd go outside much... only to grab food in the next door NEC arena venue. Would people bother with spending more money and time making the cloak for just those things?
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #10655
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Beni: Do you think you can put some squirrels on Candace's skirt as a joke to "S.I.M.P. (Squirrels In My Pants)"? I see hilariousness in the future...
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #10656
inconspicuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
alice- Thank you and you're welcome!
And because I have this nasty habit of coming up with more cosplay ideas that I could ever finish, do any of you know of a way that I could pull off Jim from Treasure Planet?
Haha, I know what you mean. The list of dream cosplays doesn't even cover half of what I want to do! I would go with the second option. I think it would look more accurate.

I'm going to anime detour this March and I'm working on revamping my Punzie cosplay. I replaced the other panels of the skirt with a lighter fabric. The only problem is that the front of the hem keeps turning outward. Any advice?
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #10657
Aurora's Heart

Kiggi- As far as I know it has alot to do with the economy whether or not they close the Disney Stores. It aslo has to do with wich ones are doing well. They have just recently launched the Imiagination stores within the last year or so and they seem to do well. We've had a couple stores in Colorado (where I live) close in the last two years. In fact my current manager came from the last Disney Store they closed. If it helps, the store I started at closed about four years ago for renovation. We were planning on moving to a new location in the same mall, but there were issues with the lease and such. At the time Eisner (who is no longer with the company) sold the stores to the Childrens Place. When Disney bought us back, we had to re-negotiate the lease esentialy starting over from scratch. I know it's one store the company is working hard on getting back as it was the top performer in the area. It's kinda complicated, but it all comes down to what happens to be good buisness. When I started with the company (10 years ago) we had five locations. Right now, we have two. We have people who drive over an hour to get to us and fell the same way you do so, I understand. It has nothing to do with wanting more internet costomers or making people go to the parks. The stores were founded on the principle of bringing the parks to the average person who could not aford the trip to Disney. I hope you can find another store that's not too far to travel.

Beni- What about a scull cap painted to look like a shaved head? Then you just put the hair around it? *shrugs* That's my two cents anyway.

Furi- That is cool that you found great fabric for her. I honestly wouldn't bother with the cloak as she only seems to wear it when she is outside.
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #10658
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

My con is coming up on Friday and I am so super excited because I THINK there will be a Eugene (er....FLYNN) there!!!!! I am so proud of myself and excited to take some pictures and show you guys me and my mother!
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #10659
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sasha- Thanks for that! I'm still playing around with ideas and someone even suggested a two-tone wig. I'm not sure how well having such a short wig would work with me since my hair is so long, but that's my only concern.

Furie- Really? Like cosplaying him or just thinking about him?

korii- Thanks! I'm nervous about doing it on my own, so I'm going to work with Cinderella first to get an idea and even have her as back up in case of awkward moments.

Furie- Even though she wears the cloak a lot, I'd say only make if you want. People are going to recognize you without it. I'm not going to lie though- the dramatic swooshes she does would be fun to do.

kojiro- I could. The costume is actually going to be for my sister, so I'll have to run it by her

inconspicuous- I wish I had unlimited time and money to make ALL the costumes and thanks for the wig advice. As for your hem, have you tried ironing it or redoing the hem?

Aurora- I never considered that as possibility, but as I mentioned with Sasha, the trick would be getting my real hair hidden with such a short wig. Here's an idea of how much I'm dealing with:
Braided
Loose. Old pic, about the same length

And is it bad that one of my main reasons for wanting to cosplay Jim is to see what the fangirls do and because I won't have to worry about the lines under my eyes?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 01-12-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #10660
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

For those who did not get the squirrels reference, this video explains it all from "Comet Kermillion", as the is the extended version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKL6WuiTlgk
Unread 01-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #10661
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- yeah that's what i was thinking

Beni- this is exactly why im torn on what to do. lol! In the skit we'll be starting from the bit when Rapunzel says "its my birthday!" so I wont even be walking on stage after coz we'll both already be on stage lol But the exit could be dramatic XD Ahhh...so torn! Part of me is like "i'll barely need it on in the hotel... but the exit off stage could be fun to make it dramatic" lol. I'm just wondering if its worth the money just for that lol. As for Jim, i was debating on cosplaying him XD its so much fun crossplaying as guys LOL!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 01-12-2012 at 12:51 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #10662
inconspicuous

Beni: Thanks, I'll try ironing it and if that doesn't work, I'll redo the hem. Wow, I didn't know you had as much hair as I did!
And I would your reason for cosplaying him bad if it were a popular character, let's say, anyone from Hetalia or Black Butler. But because of the obscurity of Treasure Planet, the lack of attention it receives, and the little fan work (including cosplay), I think the reason is more than okay.

Furie: The cloak would be a nice touch but finish everything else before you attempt to start on it.
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #10663
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

Beni- That shaved bit look is tricky. My roommate once had a Sokka (Avatar) wig that was primarily bald cap, and ran into the problem that it couldn't be worn more than a couple times before the glue and stretching made it unwearable. With as tricky as that seems to me to make, that limited wear doesn't seem worth it.
If you go with short wefts for the short bits, I'd look into using at least two wigs. Anything long enough to be workable for the ponytail isn't likely going to be thick enough to look good that short; you'd have to add a lot of extra wefts. And you're unlikely to find anything that could be quite as short as his hair actually seems to be.

I personally like the idea of just pulling that lower hair into the ponytail. Most wigs will do low ponytails just fine. You may still need to add some extra hair at the "seam" between the loose hair on top and the pulled back part, but I think that's the solution most likely to give you the silhouette you're looking for.

ETA: Also, how do you currently hide your hair under a wig? A short wig shouldn't be too much of an issue if you're able to balance the volume of hair pinned around your head.

Last edited by Ali : 01-12-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #10664
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Sitting here with my bodice trying to decide if I want to put boning in it or not. But hopefully I'll have some progress pics for all of you tonight

Last edited by LadySasha : 01-12-2012 at 09:06 PM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #10665
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- In that case, I'd do what inconspicuous suggested.

inconspicuous- Yep! I'm growing it out for Leia, although I'll probably still need an extension. Plus, I fall in love with Treasure Planet a little more every time I watch it, so it was probably only a matter of time. I've already thought about cosplaying Sarah, but nobody would recognize me.

Ali- You know, talking to Sokka cosplayers never occurred to, so thanks for bringing that up! I've asked around and it seems like several people have said to get a medium length wig, cut it short and use the cut parts to weft into the shorter layers. I try to balance where my hair goes under the wig cap, but it still has this bad habit of pooling in one spot(usually at the nape)

Sasha- If its the corset, definitely. If its the actual dress bodice, I wouldn't bother because the it would be held up and hidden by the corset and ruffles and the additional boning would be uncomfortable.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote