Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #10681
kiggi

suzie, no you arent. i was about to send mine, then rethought it thinking i was super lazy, and lame in comparison to everyone elses cool gifts, and now making something... mine also will be there before the end of jan. i promise! so its not just you... SORRY!!!!! i hope you like it secret santa!!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #10682
inconspicuous

Suzie:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPLlb5qN9g2gs_OmnJsKrGOejeCEgHr Zsr9LWUm8DdzYOC7Pt1Ew

Beni: For historically Jasmine, are you going to use historically accurate fabric or just whatever looks the right color? For example, are you going to avoid polyester fabrics?

LadySasha: It's looking so pretty and poofy! :O
Unread 01-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #10683
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Suzie ~ Its okay I JUST got the stuff to finish my secret santa up too X.x Life need to stop being crazy lol So you're not the only one. To my giftee I am also very sorry it's taking so long!

Cait ~ this is the closest "close up" pic I have right now https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2610705&type=3

I'll take a better pic for you when I get home (so probably mon-tues)

inconspicuous: hoop skirt :3 I love my hoop skirt and try to find every reason I can to use it This presented the perfect opportunity! ^_^ Haha

SOOOOO bummed. I went to Orlando (to find a location for the Disney gathering I'm running for a con next month) and checked World of Disney at Downtown Disney and even THEY don't have the Pascal plushie anymore. Also checked another Mall in Orlando and nope. Though someone on my facebook told me they have some at a mall in Tampa (where I just happen to be going next weekend) SO. fingers crossed? Who would have thought this could be so difficult?! I should have bought one when they were all over the place. My last resort will be to buy it online because the online Disney store still has them. Tomorrow is BatB day! So excited to see it in 3D but moreso for the Tangled short But I am tired. And going to bed. I just want to say how much I love this thread. Hope you all are having a MAGICAL weekend. ttfn <3

Last edited by LadySasha : 01-15-2012 at 10:55 AM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #10684
jdoe7

Suzie and Kiggi: I haven't sent mine either. I have the gifts I just need something else...and to write a little note too ha ha!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #10685
LKD
Is a princess!!

Joining the SS late gifters Dx i don't really have an excuse, the stuff has been.sitting by my bed for weeks ^^; course other peoples stuff hasn't been sent out either. Yup they'll have it by this coming Christmas at this rate of lazyness XD Dx
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #10686
protectorkorii

Faraday - Oh nice. I didn't even think about using zip ties! Maybe I'll have to go back and see if I can add boning. Definitely going to make sure I add that to all future costumes. I didn't even think to do it before and none of my old costumes are boned. Maybe that's why they don't look as good.

Beni- Oh my gosh! That jewelry is PERFECT for her! Great find.

Lady Sasha- the closeup picture is beautiful! The laceup front and the rinestones are just georgeous!

Also, I know it isn't the offical Pascal, but this is the one I got. he is absolutely adorable and perfect! Plus, his tail bends which I find amusing. But, in case you can't find one (like I did) you can always try this one!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78037430...tangled-medium
^ This is a size smaller than the one I got actually....
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #10687
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Beni- if you go onto youtube, you can view some bits of the Tangled segment in the new disney on ice. They use fabric for her hair above the rink and they swing around on it in the air and stuff- its soooooo gorgeous! I saw it on youtube and was like "wooooow!" Im seeing it in March and can't wait!
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #10688
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

WOW! This con was great! Lots of pictures, lots of compliments, a HUGE sucess.

Mommy as Gothel!

Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #10689
kiggi

final fantasy you look great!!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #10690
Aurora's Heart

Rainy Puff- You are welcome. I lucked out on the journal. Oddly enough the journals were the only things from the colledtion that didn't sell very well in my store. I'm also glad you liked the doll as I had to pull some strings to get that. It helps to work for the mouse himself. LOL

Furie- I dye everything in my kitchen sink. The dye comes right out with bleach. It smells for a little bit so, it's helpful to open a window for a little bit while you use it, but it works great and you don't have to use that much. Just put a little on a sponge and wipe the area down. You can then scrub it like you normaly would with soap or whatever you normaly clean with. Hope this helps.

Sasha- Love your dress. The corset details are beautiful as well. If you can't find a Pascal let me know. We have gotten random shippments of him in since the movie came out. I think we even had one before Christmas. There's also a chance someone might randomly return one.

Kiggi- I'm glad you had fun. I wish I had money to go to this one. The last Disney on Ice I went to was the celebrations one 'cause a friend of mom's got tickets cheep.

Beni- I've seen some people pull off Slave Leia really well so, I say go for it. It's not for me, but you have fun. I'd say your pretty close to having as much hair as you would need. An extension might help with the bun part unless your hair is really thick. I also love the jewlery.

Final Fantasy- Love how your Rapunzel turned out.

Still havn't gotten fabric for my Rapunzel. May go on Tues.
Unread 01-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #10691
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectorkorii View Post

Edit: Whoops forgot to add this, but this was a question I had. This is my Ariel dress and I love it to death, but the bodice always makes me look fat. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can fix that? Its already fitted to me, but somehow it makes me look a lot wider than I am. I think its the cut but I really can't tell or know how to fix it.
As Faraday said, boning will help a lot. You said it's fitted to you, but there is easily 2-3 inches you could take in at the waist. Also, to get a great fit, I'm not sure if you already have lacing in the back, but you can add lacing over a zipper by putting loops into seams in the back-- just open the seams and pin in little fabric or ribbon loops, then sew the seam shut again. Then you can lace it up and pull it snug. I would still take in the seams a little beforehand though so you're not bunching together too much fabric at the back-- you could probably pull in almost 4-5 inches if it was properly boned to support it.

As for the shape, the front seams are very straight. If you had a lot of fabric left over, you could recut the front sections in princess seams which are always very slimming. The piping would curve outwards toward your shoulders in the outer seams.

One other place you could visually slim yourself is in the shoulders. Your sleeves look like they start near the edge of your shoulder-- you could take about an inch out of the shoulder of the bodie and set the sleeves in a little further-- it would make you look a little narrower. But only do this if you've taken it in everywhere else and still aren't satisfied-- doing this first could actually make your middle look even larger in proportion.

Christmas exchange-- I still haven't sent mine either. I really need to get on the ball. Christmas was chaotic with the kids and getting ready for chemo took over the time since then. And then of course, my first treatment. Now I'm supposed to stay away from crowds for a few more days-- I WILL get to the store before the end of the month though. I will.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #10692
FinalFantasyXKH
Princess Summon Dagger

Alright! One Disney cosplay is down. I have quite a few to go...upcoming are Ariel, Jane, Wendy, and maybe Melody.
Kairi School Uniform from Kingdom Hearts 2:100% done
Kairi zippered dress from Kingdom Hearts 2: 100% done
Garnet/ Dagger jumpsuit from Final Fantasy IX:100% done
Shiki from The World Ends With You: 100% done
Rapunzel from Tangled: 99% done
Padme Amidala White Jumpsuit from Star Wars Attack of the Clones: 50% done

PLANNED COSPLAYS
Kisala's "Light Suit" from Rogue Galaxy

CONVENTIONS
Sacanime Con
Fanime Con
FinalFantasyXKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #10693
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I swear I must be the luckiest girl like.... ever! I go into a cheap supermarket to go grocery shopping with mom and find a fitted sheet in the EXACT pinky/lavender color that Meg's dress is in!!! and it was only £8.99/$13.77!! And there's easily enough material on it to make the dress and leaving some left over probably. ^___^ Then after I paid for it, I found a £5 note $8 on the floor that no one claimed! LOL! I love plan B's when they appear quickly XD! I just spent about 4 hours ripping apart all the stitching off the fitted bed sheet (which is microfibre material) to take out the elastic!! It was a crazy task but with patience I accomplished it lol
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #10694
Limeyaku
First-Mate

i'm in the late gifting crowd too... i thought my job would ease up after christmas but now i'm picking up the mess leftover from the holidays. >_< i think i have an easy solution for a cute gift though, so it should be on the way very soon!

edit: NVM!

Disney Store has free shipping today! So to make things easier, I ordered from there and was able to ship directly to my giftee and avoid international shipping charges! >D

Giftee, you'll get a receipt with my info on it...so please rip up the receipt when you get it! I hope you like it!!! I think it's SUPER cute and will make you smile whenever you look at it. XD

Last edited by Limeyaku : 01-16-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #10695
inconspicuous

Hey guys! It's my birthday today and I'll be watching movies with my friends. I will be livestreaming them so you guys can join in. We'll start a little after 7 PM Central Standard Time.

I'm deciding on a few movies. I'm leaning towards Fantasia and The Iron Giant but there are others I have in mind.Here's my channel.