Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 681 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #10696
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

ok...this is driving me nuts. I remember someone posted a pattern a while back that was perfect for Belle's yellow gown, but I can't find it now. anyone know a good pattern for belle's ballgown, or know what pattern I might be talking about?
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #10697
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

kiggi- Thanks! The fabric idea is so cool, especially since I love seeing all sorts of aerial acrobatics!

inconspicuous- I'm just using fabric that looks like the stuff since I don't know where I would find historically accurate materials, especially at affordable prices. The jacket's design will be off, but that's a given unless I decide to hand-embroider the whole thing(no thanks).

Sasha- Thanks for sharing! Those designs are so perfect! I know you worked really hard on the rhinestones, which is another reason I want to see it so bad.

korii- Thanks as well- I'm excited about it too! I just need to watch the auction and bid at the last minute.

FinalFantasy- You and your mom look fantastic! I adore your wig!

Aurora- I've been thinking about an extension too, since my hair isn't as thick as I would like. Right now, I've been trying to get into better shape so that I can wear more revealing costumes by the summer. Slave Leia would be perfect for a summer con in Florida!

Furie- Wow! That is what I call luck! And the fitted sheet is such a good idea- it has the right drape for Meg. I've been having a lot of trouble finding a material for my remake and thanks to you, I might have just found it~

Biscuit- I think I know the pattern you're referring to and if its the one I'm thinking of, I bought it. I would link it to you, but my internet is super slow, so I'll have to find it later.

As for the SS, I got mine out about a month ago, but I'm kinda sad in a way because I don't have any sort of surprises to work on right now. Then again, Valentine's Day is coming up, so I can write and surprise people with cards and stuff, right?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #10698
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey, ladies! Casa Satin is $5.59! Hancock's has a lot of Special Occasion fabric on sale, too. I'm guessing this is for MLK Day.

Cosplay-wise for me, I have spent time over the past couple days working on Rapunzel. I made the stencil for the center skirt panel; it's all drawn & needs to be cut. :3 It's nice making progress! I know I was working on Snow a few days ago, but I have yet to acquire interfacing for the bodice.
Unread 01-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #10699
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

@Biscut ~ I don't know who posted them but the ones I used for my ballgown were these two:

Bodice ~ http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m634...hp?page_id=493
Skirt ~ http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m409...hp?page_id=493

I had to modify the skirt one though (rouched the top layer instead of the strap things the pattern does. But it all works out as the same amount of fabric.

UPDATE

My wigs came in and holy mother of all things Disney are they long. This is going to be....fun. Here's a pic of one of them. I'm SO happy with the color too! And the braid headband things I ordered from Arda are a really close match. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders for this thing. Now to cut apart the 2nd wig and sew it into the first X.x

My wigs are being redelieverd tomorrow for Rapunzel! So excited! Tomorrow I'm determined to get that darned dress DONE! And start sewing the wigs together X.x first time ever doing that. Do any of you ladies have any tips on sewing wefts into a wig?

Last edited by LadySasha : 01-17-2012 at 10:54 AM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #10700
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
My wigs are being redelieverd tomorrow for Rapunzel! So excited! Tomorrow I'm determined to get that darned dress DONE! And start sewing the wigs together X.x first time ever doing that. Do any of you ladies have any tips on sewing wefts into a wig?
First off.... LOVE the wig and dress progress and secondly, for the wefts, what I do is cut about 2 or 3 wefts down each time (so you have about 3 rows of wefts in one bulk) and then hand sew with needle and thread into the wig you want them in, trying to place them in the same place where you cut them out of the other wig. If that makes sense! ^_^ It takes a long while to do whether you do it 3 wefts at a time or 1 at a time... but the end results really is worth it ^_^ I wish you luck as I hate adding wefts but still do it lol.

Beni- Glad I could help in a round about way! LOL! Makes you go for microfibre fitted sheets as its the perfect material so it hangs right once turned into a dress. You'll probably have to a bit more for it than a regular fitted sheet but it will be worth it ^_^

omg I finally saw in person the animator's collection of toddler dolls of the princess and my heart literally got tugged and melted! Their so damn cute!!! I think mom is getting me either belle or rapunzel for my birthday and I'm gonna try and get Ariel tomorrow when i paid! Their sooooo cute I must own them! ^_^ Though Aurora for some reason kinda freaks me out slightly....its the eyes i think

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 01-17-2012 at 01:13 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #10701
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

And speaking of Phineas and Ferb, have any of the guys tried to do Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz? (a real easy peasy lemon squeezy outfit consisting of a black turtleneck shirt and shoes, white lab coat and gray slacks)
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #10702
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Sasha- In the words of one thug "That's a lot of hair". I wish you luck on this daunting project!

Furie- Thanks again for the idea! Buying a sheet and in my case dyeing it would probably be cheaper than fabric too.
And those dolls are so cute! When I saw them online, I thought that they would be small- only about 6-8 inches. I was shocked when I saw them in person because they were so big and was disappointed because I wouldn't have anywhere to put one. I really like the Mulan and Jasmine ones(I think LKD and I talked about cosplaying them sometime).

Biscuit- Is this the pattern you were thinking of? http://www.ebay.com/itm/McCalls-Patt...em7 46a895e50

My deviantArt

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #10703
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

T_T this wig is defeating me. Its tangling SO quickly....what did you ladies do to remedy this? I'm at such a loss.

I'm seriously debating turning this into the braided style (probably adding to it after Mega). I know the Designer version is down and long....but the more I'm working on this the more I think I want to braid it. =/ Maybe do some blinged out flowers in the braid? Guh idk.

Last edited by LadySasha : 01-17-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #10704
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Oh my... trust me, that's long, but it's nowhere near as long as mine were. XD

Here's a shot of the length of mine and the rigging i set up to keep it from tangling while working on it.

It helps when separating it to add wefts in and stuff but you'd have to sew them in by hand, otherwise flipping it all around to run it under the machine will NOT end well...unless you braid all the sections while you're working on each row.

I can't offer much more advice on how to keep it from tangling while leaving it loose other than what I suggested on FB where maybe making a tube of net to wrap it in might keep it from tangling upon itself... =\ I was going to share a picture of a giant chuck of mine that knotted RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the length that I ended up having no choice but to cut out... but I think I deleted it to erase those scarring memories.

You'll get through it though!!! If I can do it with a 120cm wig and minimal past experience, you can do it with this one!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #10705
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Lime you are like my saving grace right now. You have no idea how much your suggestions are helping. I need to find a way to get my wig higher. I think that's why I'm struggeing so much. a good foot or 2 is on the floor. X.x
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #10706
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Mine was the wig head staked on the pole of my body form, extended as high as it goes. @_@ My body form is too big for me anyways so I usually just have the clothes laying somewhere and use the pole as my wighead holder. YAY WHAT A GREAT WAY TO HAVE SPENT $90 >_>
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #10707
protectorkorii

Beni- So you know the ebaystore where you got (going to get?) you Jasmine jewlery? I ended up searching through it more and I'm SO glad you shared the link because it'll work perfectly for my Jasmine. Thanks!

Furie- I love those toddler dolls! I was at one kid's house for babysitting and she had THREE of them that we played with: Ariel, Rapunzel, and Belle. They are adorable and I want one.

LadySasha- I had a similar system to limeyaku for the hair when I was re-braiding my old Rapunzel wig. I just used a broom handle and used a C-clamp to clamp it to the back of the chair. That and typing ribbons along it at different lengths seemed to really help!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #10708
LKD
Is a princess!!

Yay! I can finally post relevantly.. (thats actually a word?!0-0)

So I'm starting on my uh..5th? Rapunzel remake for a gathering this..SUNDAY!
XD

At least I gave myself more time this time.

Starting the skirt today =3 ..half an hour..haha laaazy!

Well I need to dye the center panel tomorrow so gotta wait for that to actually close it up.

I'm happy because I don't have to pay a dime for the costume this time XD
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #10709
Aurora's Heart

Sasha- I actually lucked out with an awsome wig and the tangels are minimal, but with my other horendious disaster of a long wig, do something like Lime did. It is a life saver. As for my wig stand, I lucked out that mom had a sweeper thingy and I just use the handle for it. It was still almost a two person job to braid the little braid I used for her crown though. Good luck and keep detangler near by.

Furie- Those dolls are the best. I love them so much. I bought Mulan, Belle, Aurora, and Cindy. Aurora freaked me out at first untill I looked at one of the animation drawings on the side. It's a side view of Aurora holding her basket and looking up with one of those "Please let me go play in forrest" looks. I realized her eyes are the puppy dog eyes and I could totaly see her pulling them on Flora, Fauna and Merryweather.

So, I got ribbon on my shopping trip to Joanns. LOL I couldn't find a fabric that matched my dyed swatch for the skirt so, I decided to wait and see how I wanted to do this. I can buy white material and dye it and the brocade panel for the skirt at the same time or keep looking for a suitable match. The other thing I realized it how annoying the florecent lights at the store is. It made my brocade swatch look more blue purple than the red purple it is. However, this will help me figure out what to do for the top so, in a way it's a good thing. I still have some coupons so, I don't have to rush, but I still need to figure it out. I did find some suitable lace, but I want to look at a couple other stores before I decide. I also have to figure out what to do with my hair as the spring flowers are out in stores now. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed and am really greatful many of you ladies have already made this dress so I can gain from your wisdom.
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #10710
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

korii- No problem! I actually just bid on the set. I like to bid closer to the finish, but it ends tomorrow night around 10:30(by my estimation) and this time I wasn't sure if I was going to have another chance. Fingers crossed that I don't get outbid!
When the I have chance, I'll probably look around more- I never would have thought of using Bollywood jewelry for Jasmine cosplays if a friend hadn't mentioned it several years ago

My deviantArt