Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 630 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #10726
Limeyaku
First-Mate

inconspicuous, i like the colour! i've only ever seen it as blue/black and not purple so i think the fabric you chose is perfect!

on my end, i'm debating if i want to stick with the same colour wig or go a tad lighter for my parks wig... HMM.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #10727
Aurora's Heart

Korii- They are still selling the clothes for the dolls. I need to get Snow Whites set and I want Jasmines 'cause it has the red outfit from the end of the movie.

Biscut- I think the one your thinking of may have been the one I posted awhile ago. It's Simplicity 4269 and it's out of print. You can try ebay, but unfortunetly nothing turned up when I looked the other day. Sorry I couldn't help more.

ThePrincessMom- We just got Gothel in yesterday so, chances are high they will be in soon online. Sometimes they beat the stores on getting things in stock and sometimes they don't it can get frustrating.

I'm going fabric shopping tomorrow so, hopefully I'll have something so I can start Rapunzel.
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #10728
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

@ inconspicuous: I recently saw the "Ferbalot" episode where Doofenshmirtz was dressed as Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I'd think that would be a good cosplay for you.

Last edited by kojirojames2004 : 01-21-2012 at 02:28 AM.
kojirojames2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #10729
protectorkorii

Furie- hope everything goes good with Meg this time!

LadySasha- I forget how different Snow's Designer hair is from her regular hair, but a few pages back we were talking about this with some other people (for Snow's regular hair). I don't know the links they posted but this is the one I use for my regular Snow White (if you look at my photos on cosplay.com you can see what the wig looks like)

Beni- Great! I can't wait to see pictures! I have the link saved and can't wait until I have money again to buy some for my Jasmine.

Aurora- good! i need to pick up Snow's outfits too. Crossing my fingers I can get her and Cinderella - the two dolls I don't have in my collection so far. I really want Jasmine too but I don't think I'll have the money.

So, I was going to order these wings here, off of Etsy, but the seller just changed her listing so suddenly its pretty expensive. There are all these add-ons that weren't there with the original listing I was buying from. (like now you have to pay to get them painted, glittered, and add on the flower and tulle. But she doesn't show what the product actually looks like without it!)
I was pretty upset. But... I found a very similar pair on Ebay for even cheaper... and they look exactly the same! So I think I'm going to be ordering off Ebay instead since the lady is being annoying.
Actually, I think the lady doesn't actually hand-make any of her stuff. I think she just adds on to pre-existing wings. And I can just do that myself.
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #10730
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Guys I'm so happy right now! My Meg dress is turning out exactly how I envisioned it to!!! I've got the entire pinned together at the moment, and I've pinned to the sash on to see how much it will pull in the dress and I've decided as the dress needs pulling in, I'm going to put in an invisible zip in the back, which will do that for me, and make it a lot easier to get on and off. So annoyed that my camera and this dull weather won't let the true color of the dress get picked up in the photos though XD. But yeah.. I think I'm more happy with the turn out this than I am with my Ariel wedding dress.... and that's saying...a lot! I just want my wig to turn up even more now! haha! I think the color only really gets picked up at the very bottom of the dress to give you an idea of just how perfect this fitted sheet really is
Piccie of progress!
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #10731
kiggi

this isn't cosplay, but anyone in florida near the disney outlet, if you see the black shirt with mickey wearing a moustache ina small mens can you get it for me? I will send you money. I ummm ruined my husbands brand new shirt he's had for maybe a week when I was bleaching bens sheets, and it fell in the washer... Disneystore.com is sold out and parks merch told me it was moved to the outlet and they don't ship. I'll pay for shirt and shipping and will love you forever! He doesn't know I did this yet...
http://www.disneystore.com/disney/st...ductId=1288784
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #10732
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Oh My God Guys And Gals I'm So Excited I Have To Share It With You All!.............................................
I'm Meeting Glen Keane In Five Days Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On The 25th January I Will Be Meeting Glen Keane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm So Hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant Believe My Dream Is Coming True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #10733
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectorkorii View Post

So, I was going to order these wings here, off of Etsy, but the seller just changed her listing so suddenly its pretty expensive. There are all these add-ons that weren't there with the original listing I was buying from. (like now you have to pay to get them painted, glittered, and add on the flower and tulle. But she doesn't show what the product actually looks like without it!)
I was pretty upset. But... I found a very similar pair on Ebay for even cheaper... and they look exactly the same! So I think I'm going to be ordering off Ebay instead since the lady is being annoying.
Actually, I think the lady doesn't actually hand-make any of her stuff. I think she just adds on to pre-existing wings. And I can just do that myself.
$9 is super expensive? And the ebay ones are toddler sized-- what are you wanting to use them for?
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:51 PM   #10734
protectorkorii

Furie- WHAT! OMG! YOU GET TO MEET GLEN KEANE! You have no idea how much I'd love to do that! I'm crossing my fingers that I'd be able to do that sometime.... I want an autograph! You're so lucky! *fangirls*

nessabutterfly- They were originally $9, but for all the add ons they'd end up being about $30 a pair plus shipping, and as my budget for Tinkerbell is $45 that wouldn't work. Luckily I talked with the owner and we're going to compromise since I ordered before she made her changes. I'm using them as wings for Rosetta, Tinkerbell, Fawn, and Silvermist eventually.
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #10735
toughtink

hi, disney thread! i remember most of you regulars, though i doubt you remember me. (i have a tendency to just pop in whenever a con comes up.) anyways, last year i had constructed a Tinker Bell costume (my first real garment from scratch!), and after learning a lot about the process and from being around others, i've been slowly working my way up to giving Tink a second try. if it's okay with you guys, i'd like to post some of my progress here.

protectorkorii- are you also in the process of constructing a Tink cosplay? if so, i'd love to see your progress!
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #10736
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Korii- I was fangirling sooooooooo much last night! It was so difficult to get to sleep! I went from shock, to being completely and utterly hyper, to being utterly emotional and actually cried in disbelief and happiness!! He's signing the new toddler dolls! Myself and my friend (who told me about it) are both going as Ariel and Rapunzel! ^___^!! It's been my dream to meet Glen and Jodi for as long as I can remember, and now I'm meeting one half of the duo that brought a character to life and into my life! Its all so surreal for me at the moment. The little mermaid helped me get through a really bad childhood relationship with my father, and it's all because of how Glen animated Ariel and Jodi voiced her bringing her to life. I have so much to thank those two for, and now I get my chance to at least thank one of them. Its so crazy!

ToughTink- welcome to the thread! ^_^
Unread 01-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #10737
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by protectorkorii View Post

nessabutterfly- They were originally $9, but for all the add ons they'd end up being about $30 a pair plus shipping, and as my budget for Tinkerbell is $45 that wouldn't work. Luckily I talked with the owner and we're going to compromise since I ordered before she made her changes. I'm using them as wings for Rosetta, Tinkerbell, Fawn, and Silvermist eventually.
Oh, okay-- I was confused there. Crazy that she's trying to charge that much! $5 for a flower and tulle? There's less than a $1 of materials involved and it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes max! It just makes her look greedy! And really, if you ordered before the changes, she should honour the original price-- there should be no need to compromise! That just sounds unprofessional.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #10738
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Okay, with the news of me meeting Glen Keane I've got even more hyper again, and I found out my other friend is going with me as Vanessa (she's like my vanessa i love her lol) and so I got all "OMG!" with ideas and ended up doing this:

This is for my birthday bash in 4 weeks time...(Cant believe Im turning 25!) I'm going as Hipster Ariel as me and my friends are going bowling as disney characters, and none of the princesses gowns are bowling suitable, so we're doing hipster versions!! The make up is my mother gothel make up mostly, im gonna paint the shell and wear it with my costume. For the costume im getting green skinny pants, purple guy's top which I'll slash at the neckline and shoulders and make it girly but baggy- possibly slashed all down the back... not sure yet and green flats. This is gonna be so funny!
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #10739
jdoe7

Furie: I love your birthday plans! It sounds like so much fun! I've bowled in formal gowns before and while it's difficult, it was actually fun! So it is doable...but I like what you're going to do more! Ha ha! I've been wanting to make character inspired clothes for a while to just wear. Sort of a la disneybound on tumblr, but more simple and cheaper.
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #10740
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

jdoe- thanks! I'm really looking forward to it, i reckon it will be just as much fun if not more so in our spin off costumes XP! I'm also getting a Lightning Mcqueen cake coz I'm THAT nerdy hahaha!