Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 974 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #10741
kiggi

furie, sounds like a fun birthday!!!! (and so jealous!) also love the meg progress!

inconspicuous, i like the dark blue! she just doesnt get enough love looking forward to seeing it!

protectorkorii, omg! thats horrible she wanted to charge you all that! those are pretty easy to make with coat hangers and panty hose. i know, ive made them (for my lame 2 day tink, where the best thing to say about it was the shoes and wings were nice)

no progress. i feel like im being so lazy seeing everyone's stuff!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #10742
toughtink

i've finished a mockup of my tink dress, and have started planning and cutting pieces for the actual finished dress.

i've decided not to make it in two separate parts, but rather using long strips for the dress. you can sort of see the fabric i'll actually be using off to the side. it's a light green brocade fabric with hints of cream and gold, very light in comparison to most tink cosplays and the newer tinker bell movies, but just about the exact color that her dress looks in the original peter pan movie when she's all glowy and such. i made a tink dress with this fabric last year, and...well, let's just say i'm better equipped to work with it this time around.

i also want to add some leafy petals in a darker green fabric underneath the dress and (if i have time) some beads or rhinestones for added sparkle.

for the wings, i have a pair that i had made last year, which functioned okay but got kind of beat up after wearing them a couple of times. so i'm hoping that i can make new ones in time for Megacon! i ordered some thin, but rigid vinyl sheets to make them with this time around. as soon as i get that, i can get to work on those too!
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #10743
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Toughtink - love the mock up you have done for your Tink! I like the idea of doing her dress in a brocade material too, as I can imagine the way the light will hit it will give it that sparkle/shiny/glowy sheen to it ^_^
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #10744
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie ~ NO WAY?! HOW?! You're soooo luckyyyY!!!!!

ToughTink ~ WElcome back and feel free to post progress! THat's what we're here for :3 Love the progress!

So guys I have a question. I'm going to be helping my friend make Flynn's doublet. And I don't know where to start. Suggestions?
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #10745
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- he's coming over to do a signing of the new animator collector dolls!!! Only 3 more sleeps until I meet him!! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Unread 01-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #10746
kiggi

lady sasha, i used simplicity 4059 for mine. i made it out of wool felt first to fit it, i cut out the pieces and pinned them to fit how i wanted them to, i used this after trimmed and altered as my new pattern pieces and as the stable fabric to make it fitted and not pull because it was a thin micro suede, and so there was something for my to "quilt" thru so you could see it. he said the wool felt was actually not hot, how weird. i used the sleeve piece for the sleeves, and the collar. i used hook and eye tape to hold the front shut, then put the buckles on for decoration so they wouldnt have strain on them, and cause buckling. the pants are also from that pattern, also fitted, because the butt in that pattern is so huge!!!! the hooks are hooks from a hardware store for holding pictures, and purse findings from joanns any questions, dont hesitate to ask!

Unread 01-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #10747
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

@Benihime: I found that Simplicity pattern 3689 (a cheerleader costume) would be perfect with the pleated skirt option for any Fireside Girl costume.
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #10748
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- 1) Your Meg dress looks great so far! The fitted sheet is perfect for the cosplay.
2) OMG YOU'RE SO LUCKY YOU GET TO MEET GLEN KEANE!!!!! Are you dressing up to meet him?
3) Your birthday plans sound like a lot of fun! You might be turning 25, but you're never too old for a Disney-themed birthday party!

Sasha- I haven't made a Flynn doublet, but I've heard of people using pleather, vinyl, and suede cloth for it. The pants should be pretty easy- just a regular pants pattern and probably some of that linen fabric.

toughtink- That sounds really pretty! Tinkerbell's outfit is so bland, so I love it when people get creative with it! Are you going to be in Sasha's huge Disney group at Mega?

kiggi- Have I ever told you that in that second picture, it looks like Pascal is judging a smoulder contest?

kojiro- Thanks for the pattern suggestion(I think its in my supply), but I can actually do a pleated skirt freehand. I'll be sure to pass the idea along though

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 01-22-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #10749
toughtink

beni- unfortunately, i don't think i can make it to the meet up since it's on sunday. :c i'm really hoping that there will still be some disney folks walking around on saturday so that we can get some photos together still.
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #10750
WonderlandAlice

Here's a question. I am making Tink's dress too. How many points does she have on the hem of her dress in the parks????? I am looking at the pictures and I am never quite sure if I am counting the same point more than once based upon the angle.
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #10751
protectorkorii

Nessa- Exactly! She had to make me a custom listing, which was posted after the changes, but as we'd discussed it before she changed the pricing so we're back to normal. She also agreed that when I order my second set of wings later she'll give me the discounted price. I have it all in writing too!

Furie- that sounds awesome! I can't wait to see casual disney cosplays. That's something that I've wanted to do for a long time but have never done.

Kiggi- I've heard those wings are easy to make but I've never had time to do so. (Thanks too fr posting photos of what that Flynn pattern looks like completed. I just bought it and was hoping someone else had used it for a similar purpose)

Lady Sasha- Use Simplicity 4059 like Kiggi said. I bought the pattern for future use for Flyn and reviews online say that its really good. You can make the pattern as simple or as complex as needed. And it has all the different parts you'd need too!

toughtink- I LOVE your mock up so far. It looks really neat! And the idea of using brocade is really good. That'll probably look like you have pixi dust floating on you. (If you get any of the gold spray on body glitter that would look perfect!)

Wonderland Alice- there are three points in the front of the skirt, one on each side, and I believe three in the back. I've never gotten a good picture of the back but I think it is symmetrical. I have some good reference photos if you need them. (of her original one. not the new one with the weird tube top)

In cosplay news I started on my Sleeping Beauty as well as washing and ironing all the fabric for a child sized one. I also finished the necklace and have the crown almost done. Just need a headband to glue it to.
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #10752
kiggi

beni, he so is! and there is another one where he is pointing at them like he's reprimanding flynn and dh for smoldering i am so sad he is growing out of that costume

protectorkorii, no problem! if you need more detailed pictures, i have no problem taking them. yeah i modified that pattern a little, but not to awful much, its pretty perfect really! here is the first tutorial i found, but there are tons! some using iridescent heat shrink stuff for gift baskets, some using vinyl, some using fabric, some using pantyhose. its really a preference, but you can do so much at home!
Unread 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #10753
Aurora's Heart

Furie- That is so awsome you get to meet Glen Keane. He's the whole reason I went to school to be an animator. Decided to go a different route after graduation, but he still inspires me to draw and continue to improve my skills.

Toughtink- Looks good so far. I love the idea of using a brocade for the fabric. I just went the boring route when I made mine, but it was kind of a last minute thing.

No Rapunzel progress yet.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #10754
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Beni- thank youuu! I'm pleased with my progress of my meg dress.. i still cant get over how well the fitted sheet hangs! As for Glen Keane signing, yes of course I'm going dressed up! LOL! I'm going as Ariel (well duh!! LOL) and my friends are going as Rapunzel and Vanessa!! I really hope we'd be able to get a photo taken with him, that would be so amazing if we could! If not I'll be getting mom to take a sneaky one when we're waiting in the queue of me infront of him hahaha! And for the birthday comment- so so true! I cant wait to be hipster Ariel- its so much fun! haha!

Korii- i'm so looking forward to doing casual disney cosplay ^^ Expect lots of photos happening in February lol

Aurora- same here- not so much with the animator thing, but he's the reason why I wanted to learn to draw full stop. And he's way of animating Ariel... well.. I could go on and on about why it means so much to me to be able to meet him and why its my dream to meet Jodi Benson... but I dont wanna bore people and write a crap long post haha! If you have Deviant Art though, the reasons behind it is on my latest journal entry on there. ^_^
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #10755
toughtink

it occurred to me today, should i bother getting pointy ears for my Tink cosplay? i thought about it last year and decided against it, but i'm wondering if others notice or even care? i'll be using the same wig as last year, and for the most part it kept my ears covered. so would pointy ears be at all worthwhile?