Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 667 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #10756
protectorkorii

kiggi- that tutorial is wonderful for wings! Thanks so much for idea. Maybe I'll try doing those for the rest of the fairies....

toughtink- pointy ears are a nice touch, but not at all needed. Most people don't bother. I'm not sure if they even do in Disney! So it really is dependent on how much you want to spend and what details you want.

And I wanted to share this wonderful plush that I got for my Ariel cosplay!
(sorry the photo is so big)
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2012, 04:24 PM   #10757
jdoe7

Toughtink: I searched in pictures of tink in the parks and from what I could tell her ears weren't pointed, so it's more of a personal preference now I think.
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #10758
toughtink

thanks, guys! i hadn't even thought about whether or not they bother with that in the parks. i think i'll leave them off for now, but i think they might be a really fun addition in the future.
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #10759
kiggi

protectorkorii, no problem! they are so easy! spray adhesive works great for over all glitter application (thats what i did for mine) and they make some fun printed pantyhose, which would make for some fun wings

that is the cutest plushy!!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #10760
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

LOLOLOL Thanks guys.... ironically enough I actually have that pattern! So yay! Thanks for the help!
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #10761
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

YAAAAAY My Meg wig turned up this morning! I roughly put it on this morning and took like one photo, but I wanna put it on properly and take proper pics later so will show you all when i've done that! ^____^ Now I really have to get sewing my meg dress (as it is is now) together so I can do test wear and wig photos!!! Its so so beautiful and feels the same as when you've just had your hair done at the hair salon and its super soft from the conditioner! I definitely recommend buying from that seller in the future- her wigs are gorgeous!!!

Also super syked as it's tomorrow I'm meeting Glen Keane and my new piercing retainers turned up this morning just in time! I was so so worried I wouldn't get them in time as I've lost my current ones... so when they showed up this morning in the post I was sighing a HUGE sigh of relief!

Korii- i LOVE that plushie of Flounder! Its sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!

Talking of plushies, I was thinking about safety pinning my Sebastian plushie to my shoulder tomorrow to save me from carrying him and thought it'd look super cute being in my Ariel cosplay with sebastian on my shoulder!
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #10762
toughtink

furie: i wanna see the wig! i haven't seen many meg cosplays, which is such a shame because she's such a fun character.

i finally got a hold of some interfacing so i can move along with my tink dress now! i'm so excited that it's all i want to do...but alas, i have other obligations. *sigh* i just want to get sewing!!
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #10763
Faraday
oh modern man.

I just deconstructed my Rapunzel costume on a whim, oh dear. What have I done? Except reveal how shoddy my workmanship was on it, which is really quite embarrassing.
I'm thinking of reusing the original skirt as my underskirt since I never used that 9yds of lace for anything, then sewing in the petticoat I bought for the costume as well.
For the top I have a question: what is that color remover you all talk about and does it work with RIT? My top is originally lavender but with enough patience I got it on the warmer side to match the rest of my fabric, now I'd like to remove that pink I put it in, is it possible without having to try and dye it back to lavender in the end?
I mean, I think I have enough fabric left over to attempt to make a new top entirely, but I'd like to know if this one is at all salvageable. Last time I went to the fabric store, they no longer had the fabric so I really have to stretch what I have leftover.
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #10764
kiggi

I use rit color remover. It's in the same place as the rit dye, it's in a box. It may help! I've used it more to get my clothes back to the normal color when a red sock gets washed with everything
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #10765
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

toughtink- will be doing hair and make up tests tomorrow after I've been out and got another wig head so I can begin styling the wig ^_^

OMG GUYS GLEN KEANE WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First thing he said to me "Are you the Ariel in THE park?" OMG!!! I initially thought he meant the part in the film but then corrected myself and said no but I am trying to get the job as its a dream of mine and he said this: "Well, you are Ariel so don't give up! You'd be great! I really can't believe how much like Ariel you really are, you really are my Ariel!" LIKE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How amazing is that!? He complimented me on my costume and was amazed by how accurate I got the bangs in my wig and everything. I actually cried infront of him because I was explaining what the little mermaid means to me and what Ariel means to me, and he just grabbed me and hugged me. I said meeting him was a dream come to true and he said to me "no no no, this is a dream come true for me Ariel!" AHHHHHHHH I seriously can't express how happy I am right now.
Photo spam time!!

Unread 01-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #10766
jdoe7

Furie: that is so cool!!! Aw you made me tear up!(seriously you did, I'm such a sap lol) I love that he said that! Best. Compliment. Ever!!!!

In cosplay news, I am going to the store hopefully today to get me some muslin I have many costumes I need to figure out and hopefully this weekend my friend will be helping me with making a dress form out of duck tape! *crosses fingers*
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #10767
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

jdoe- i didnt mean to make you cry! I'm still overwhelmed by it all - I really am! I dont think I'll get over it until next year! I'm just all "oh my god.. he called me the living breathing Ariel!" it just keeps running round and round in my head!

"Look at you! Your beautiful blue eyes- you really are Ariel!" ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! And I was filmed the whole time!!!!!!
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #10768
kiggi

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #10769
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Hey Toughtink:

I am gonna be working on the new Tink style and I have green knit fabric, it is very green. But I do not know if it will look right for her, I can dye the fabric darker to a more forest green or dip dye it. I was gonna either paint/use a bleach pen to create the leaf like designs of her costume. But I do not wanna look cheap. She is one of my favorite characters. What sort of pattern would you suggest, I usually draft my own too.

Also where did you find green flats, if you have them yet?

Oh and how are you going about the wings, are you using wire and celophane? I still am new to prop making. And are you using nude colored fabric for the straps or something else? I was thinking of buying a cheap nude bra from target and sewing the wings onto the back (on the side the clips shut obviously).

And if anyone else has tips that would be great. i plan to wear Tink to a small con here in WA in early Summer with my friend as Fawn and her friend as Rosetta.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #10770
LKD
Is a princess!!

furie- I am totally jealous x3 I'm sure everyone would love to be in your shoes! Im so happy for you =D

I've been lurking but not commenting since yea cell commenting is a bi&# so much LAG. Anyone else have that problem on their cells? It's only this site too :/

I'm so excited to see your Tink toughtink!
I don't recall who said they were putting vinyl into but be careful with that. I found out that the vinyl is what makes it reaaally heavy so unless you have a sturdy smaller frame it's going to sag. My huge ass wings had REBAR as the main vein. and it still sagged ._.; so try it out XP a lot of cellophane tutorials out there are meant for dolls/mini wings so make sure the wire is strong enough.

tarina- I would try a simple princess seamed strapless dress for the pattern
for the shoes, IF they match, h&m has suede green flats =) they arent on the site but I saw them in store a week ago.

speaking of Tink, even though I'm making my park version for halloween later on. (MY WINGS STILL HAVENT COME -flips fairies- get to work >/ XD) I found the cutest cotton fabric and I HAD to make a Tink dress so I guess I'll have two XD I'll probably sell it who knows. So I bought the fabric, lining, interfacing, grommets and ribbon for it today XP The sage green one is the lining..it was cheaper than actual lining so yea...XP

SPENT HOURS, figuring out the seams in the park dress. I wasn't going to go with those seams but since I figured this is basically my practice dress, I went with it XP

Spent the last few hours patterning it and I have the front done XP

The top part looks like they just pinched the fabric so I'm doing the same XP hence why it's not sweetheart shaped
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorenjavier/6735185087/

I'm about done with the back..just a simple princess seamed back..whoo hoo XD
I'm a bit worried the zip ties are going to show since they're so thick but oh well this is a practice dress XD If I don't like the zip ties, I'll put steel boning in my real dress. (although I was planning on doing it regardless)

It's so odd that I found this fabric. I had a dream last night about wearing my Tink wig out o-0 Now if only them wings will come..gotta email lady >/ (been saying I would for a month now XD)