Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #10771
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

LKD:

Wow, I love your pattern! How did you make it/draft it?? That's the same sort of Style I'm going for with my Tink costume.
This is (one of the) image(s) I'm basing my costume off of. (two links posted-image and costume)

I plan to do several variations of her, for example, Ballerina tink! From the doll at Target. :3

Also: Here's my make up and hair test.
I'm using my real hair for the cosplay and my bangs will be trimmed/styled better. (I'm over-due for a hair cut) I feel my real hair will one: be cheaper than a wig, and two: give it some reality/realism, where a wig may not, and this is easier than a wig in the summer heat. I'll also have it styled better in the future, this was my first time doing a bun in over a year! (Let hair grow out, still letting it grow out). Sorry for pic quality, taken on cell phone.

But guys, any and all help is appreciated.
Also LKD: how much were the flats?! I think I'll need to buy a pair this weekend. :3

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #10772
toughtink

furie: that is absolutely amazing!!! meeting glen keane...i'm so jealous!

tarinalove: you can probably get away with having a very green outfit as Tink, as her current outfit is very much a true green. however, it's really up to personal preference. if it's an electric green, i'd probably try to tone it down a bit or darken it. the outfit i'm working on will be an extremely light green with accents of a bright yellow-green.

for the leaves, i believe bri-chan on deviantart has a step-by-step on how she made the sexy-tinker bell dress. she uses paint of some sort, i think. for my leaves, because of the type of fabric, i just sewed a vein up the middle and ironed them in half so they kind of "poofed" like leaves out from the vein, but then i wasn't going for park-accuracy.

the shoes i found after much searching on ebay. i actually really like the ones i found. the brand is "Max Collection" if that helps at all.

the wings...well, i made cellophane wings for my last Tink cosplay, but they were looking kind of limp by the end of the con, so i wanted to make new ones. this time i thought i might use some thing vinyl to give them more form, but it seems like it might be too heavy after all, like LKD said. :c

for the straps, i think i might do some clear ones, but i don't have the materials for that yet. if you're doing a big Tink group, i would suggest that you and your friends make your wings together so that they can have the same look.

also, i totally wish that i could use my real hair, but alas i am a brunette and much too scared to bleach my hair. XD if you're using yours though, i would just suggest to make sure to give it plenty of volume near the scalp. your bun looks like it's the perfect size!

LKD: yeah, i think the vinyl might be too heavy, but i still want to run a test with it just in case. i just have no idea what to use this for otherwise. your mockup looks awesome so far. it'll be adorable with that print. X3
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #10773
protectorkorii

Furie- I can't wait to see your Meg wig. Where did you buy it from by the way?

Also - your story with Glenn is AMAZING. I've been staring in awe at your pictures for over five minutes and your story had me tearing up. That's simply amazing and I NEED to see Glen Keane right now. I'm so jealous! But I'm also so glad you had such a great time! You'll never forget that.

jdoe7 - Oh! Duck Tape Dress forms. Those are awesome. Its what i use. Just make sure you have enough! We thought 3 rolls was enough and towards the end we ran out. I had to wait, ducktaped up and unable to move (or go to the bathroom) while my mom rushed out to the stop to go buy some more. OMG. Terrible experience.

Tarinalove- I'm in the process of making a Tinkerbell outfit too! Yay!
For green flats, I got mine from Target though Kholes has a bunch of flats too. You can try there!
Here is a link that kiggi gave me for Tinkerbell wings. http://www.mommyblessings.com/2009/0...-tutorial.html I think it would look great for that! And i'm actually just sewing/pinning my wings to the back of my dress. If its formfitting enough you should be able to without having to use any straps at all - so yay! Another great idea would to use the clear straps that you can get for bras. That will hide all of them.
Also: you have the prettiest eyes!

LKD- YAY! Everyone is going to be making Tink! Also, your pattern looks awesome so far.

Well in Tinkerbell news my Fairy Wings shipped today! I'm crossing my fingers that they look just as good as I hoped!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #10774
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Toughtink:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it! I teased it a bit, and plan to grow my hair out some more since it's only shoulder length right now, so hopefully that'll help with volume. The tutorials online aren't super helpful on getting it into a true "ballerina" bun and make it round, so that was true trial and error from looking at my tinkerbell reference images and remembering ballet class buns. ^.^

I won't be going for Park accuracy but various images and "movie reference". So I guess my accuracy will be a little skewed. The green isn't lime or neon, but it's flat in color, so it definitely needs Something. I'm gonna check out the flats LKD suggested, but have had trouble finding green flats on ebay these past several months. ^.^' I think suede will actually look really pretty, and I already have cotton puff balls.

I do plan to do my wings with my friends, I may add a green sheen to the wings, cause I think that looks pretty. And nylon wings last, they just don't come clear, sadly.

Protectkorii:

Thank you! I didn't know target sold green flats, and I shop there often! Dang, must not have been recently in season or only online. Those wings look perfect! I also love how see-through they are! I'll probably just buy pre-made wings and strip them if I can, since that's easier than shaping wire.

Last edited by tarinalove : 01-25-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #10775
LKD
Is a princess!!

tarina- I drew out the dress first, drawing in the seams/darts with a different color.
If this helps;
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...7ctjo1_500.jpg
I think the seams go all the way to the back but since my wings aren't hooked up the way theirs are; I just changed it to side seams and a simple princess seamed back. Easier too XP
I have roolls of christmas wrap I bought on sale that I use for my patterning (I chase all the lil kids selling christmas wrap for school since those have 1 inch grids hnng XD) I just pinned it on my dress form, marked the center, and worked on each panel at a time. The top parts I did on myself since my boobs are bigger than my form ><

You could go either way with the color as toughtink says, the movie Tink sometimes is a lighter green and sometimes its a darker green. Uuum the shoes I think are the most $15 but I don't remember.

toughtink- I love how Tink's dress can be made in so many ways and yet still be a tink dress x3 The one time I was able to keep my wings up were in my lost treasure tink where I pinned them to my bra. Maybe if you make them with straps they'll stay up? I gave up with cellophane wings XD Nylon for me k thx.
Unread 01-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #10776
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

I can do 15$

And thanks for the image! Totally saved it. I'll probably go the nylon route with wings myself since the celophane ones to buy are expensive, and I don't know how to make those. ^.^

Also has anyone seen this? Tinkerbell Costume at Target it seems pretty good, right shape and style, and I kind of like it. But it's very flashy and has a lot of sequins. Maybe good for stage?
What do you guys thinks?

Last edited by tarinalove : 01-26-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #10777
Aurora's Heart

Furie- I am so glad you got to have this once in a lifetime experience. Tottaly teared up, but I always do that when thinking or talking about stuff like this. Even the Disney park comercials make me cry. LOL

Trinalove-Your makeup and hair test is perfect for tink.

LKD- I never would have thought of using Christmas wraping paper for patterning. That is suck a good idea. I also love that fabric.
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #10778
jdoe7

Korii: thanks for the tip! I think I'll need more then, especially since I'm pretty sure we have used some since we bought it. (I bought it months ago, when my husband was going to help, but we never got around to it, and my friend will do better than him ha ha!)
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #10779
toughtink

tarina: i'm kind of impressed at that costume. covered in sequins, a decent shape, and only $40? that's awesome!

LKD: yeah, i absolutely love seeing all the different ways people expand on the dress since it's normally quite simple, whether it's in their color or fabric or design choices.

speaking of, i'm so excited to see all these Tink outfits whenever they're done! XD

i started sewing the panels of my dress, running into little snags all along the way but overcoming them none the less! i am determined to make this awesome! i hope! somehow!
i'll post a pic once i've finished the main dress part.
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #10780
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Oh my gosh guys you lot are making ME cry hearing you all welling up over my story! I still feel like I'm walking in a dream world to be honest. I printed out the photos earlier today and wanted to cry seeing the hard copies of the photo lol!

I'm definitely never going to forget yesterday, and i just keep hearing what he said to me over and over on repeat in my head! Needless to say today I'm wearing my Ariel tshirt today! lol!

Onto cosplay news: I found a pair of green super skinny pants for £5 today in the sale so I got them for my hipster casual ariel costume lol. I also began work on my Megara wig! I haven't added the ponytail extension to it yet, as I'm gonna wait until I find out if the curls on the wig have worked.... then I'll work on teasing the top of the extension out to give it more volume. Do any of you have any tips on how I can make her hair bangle?

Considering these pictures are poor phone camera images, the color of the wig is spot on in the pics!

My green pant for Ariel:
Unread 01-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #10781
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie ~ OH MY GAWDDDD That's amazing! What a compliment! D And great progress too!

LKD ~ Saw the tink pattern process on tumbr xD Love it!

Not a whole lot on my end. Sitting in Wig Limbo with my Designer Rapunzel. I think I finally got it to stop tangling every 2 seconds so things are going a bit faster. I dyed the white pleated fabric and it sorta worked. its not white anymore. Its a super pale pink. I think I'm going to buy a big bottle of the rit dye and use the same amount of water I used with the little box. Maybe I'll get that brighter color I'm looking for. Gotta wait till I get paid tomorrow though. This week has gone by so slow! xD Well back into wig world!
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #10782
mdelgiorno17

Secret santa giftee, your package is going out tomorrow! I am so sorry that it took so long!
mdelgiorno17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #10783
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- thank you! Also, I know right!!?? For the creator of Ariel to say those things is just....wow... lol!

Korii- i forgot to tell you where I got the wig... I got it off ebay here's the link:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2807392582... 4.m1497.l2649
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #10784
kiggi

secret santa giftee, I think my husband shipped it today for me... Sorry!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #10785
LKD
Is a princess!!

I bought my Tink shoes!

The outside is a lot flimsier and thinner than the other generic flats they sell everywhere but their insoles are comfier x3

Tarina-
They were 12.96 with taxes they came out to 14.08