Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1149 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #10786
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

korii- Your Flounder plushie is adorable! Every time I see one of those, it makes me want to learn amigurumi.

Furie- You're sooooo lucky- that is an AMAZING experience! I think if I was in your place, I would have died of happiness after meeting him!

My Jasmine jewelry arrived the other day and I got a picture of it alongside the rest of my historical Jasmine materials. I can't wait to start this costume and if I get stuck here long enough, I might be able to finish and wear it to the zoo for pictures.
http://littlegummyfish.tumblr.com/po...y-for-my#notes

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #10787
toughtink

LKD: those shoes are perfect! i love the shape of the toe, i had a really hard time finding a shape that i liked for my shoes.

Beni: you're making shoomlah's historical jasmine?! that's so awesome!! i love the fabrics and jewelry you're using. that's going to look amazing. O.O

Last edited by toughtink : 01-26-2012 at 10:23 PM.
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #10788
Faraday
oh modern man.

It seems I'll be needing surgery. :/ I'll probably be using my recovery period as craft time (assuming I have enough willpower to push through the pain) which means I can at least re-work my Rapunzel costume. I stopped by Hancock and found some awesome fabrics to remake the skirt but they were 10-13 a yard, boo, I'd rather pay that for some Spoonflower fabric. I'll be swinging by the discount fabric store to see what's there tomorrow.
Unread 01-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #10789
LKD
Is a princess!!

toughtink- haha funny thing is the front never shows up under my poofs XP

Is there a way I can temporarily attach poofs >> I like them too much XD I kinda want to wear my flashy kiddie shoes instead..

faraday- ouchies! I hope you heal quickly! $10?! geezes I die when I have to pay $5 a yd @_@
Unread 01-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #10790
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

LKD:

I think I'm gonna buy those! They look like they'll match my fabric perfectly too. :3 And 14$ is super doable for flats. I love flats! (I will probably wear these with casual green pants I own for a casual tink costume!) I'm so excited now!

Thank you so much<333

also LKD, buy stickyback velcro circles in clear/white at Joanns. In the velcro/notions section.
Comes on/off, and holds on real well. My dad uses it on his motorcycle to hold a pouch on the front, and it's lasted a road trip and is STILL there. (I'm sure the glue/stickiness is melted into the metal now though, but that's cause of the heat of the motorcycle? Idk, I'm no mechanic)

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3

Last edited by tarinalove : 01-27-2012 at 02:25 AM.
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:57 AM   #10791
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faraday View Post
It seems I'll be needing surgery. :/ I'll probably be using my recovery period as craft time (assuming I have enough willpower to push through the pain) which means I can at least re-work my Rapunzel costume. I stopped by Hancock and found some awesome fabrics to remake the skirt but they were 10-13 a yard, boo, I'd rather pay that for some Spoonflower fabric. I'll be swinging by the discount fabric store to see what's there tomorrow.
Good luck-- I had all sorts of plans for my surgery recovery time but none of them happened. Then again, I had a lot of things come up to complicate my time--maybe you'll be lucky.

LKD-- I used to have clip-on shoe decorations as a kid (yes, the 80s were a wonderful thing!). They were a lot like clip-on earrings so maybe you could use earring bases? The flat ones that you glue the charm to, not the ones with a loop to hang something. They slipped over the edge of the shoe above your toes. But they would rub a bit on the skin-- I would glue something soft (felt? moleskin?) to the inside so they don't irritate your toes.

Hey look-- they still make the shoe clips! Buy these!!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/75230647...m_campaign=GPS

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 01-27-2012 at 04:04 AM.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #10792
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Beni- I'm still on cloud 9!! haha!

MY MEGARA MAKE UP AND WIG TEST!!! Right one thing I wanna say though... the sides and end of the fringe just WONT curl no matter what I use on them! ARGH!!! Its driving me nuts and this is 24 hours later.... I dont know what else to try But I LOVE the wig once it's on!

Unread 01-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #10793
protectorkorii

Furie- Oh good! I'm so glad you gave me that link. I was actually thinking of buying a wig off of there for Ariel, and now that I know they're good quality I probably will! yay!
And you meg wig looks great!

Beni - I want to learn amigurumi too! I won't have time but etsy has so many adorable patterns. I'll just have to keep buying them instead. lol. The lady is already making some Mrs. Potts and Chip ones and some other Disney Princess friends so I can't wait to buy some!

Also, I love the Jasmine jewelry. It looks really good! I'm sure it'll work out great for when I finally do my Jasmine. Also: if you're wearing it to the zoo that would be AWESOME!

Faraday- What type of surgery are you having? I hope you'll be good enough to craft like you want! I hope you recover quickly too.

In cosplay news we're finishing up my Sleeping Beauty top today. Then I'll hopefully get some test photos in. Then I have to start working on the little kid version....
And my Rosetta and Tinkerbell wings should arrive in the mail tomorrow! yay!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #10794
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Korii- thank you! Yeah I'd highly recommend them! Their wigs are absolutely stunning and so so silky to the touch! I haven't been able to take my Meg wig off all day!
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #10795
Faraday
oh modern man.

Korri- I'm having throat surgery. :\ I was told I wouldn't be talking for 2-3 weeks, my fingers are crossed it won't be that bad but I'm a huge baby about pain so I think I'll need to do something to get my mind off it all.

Nessa- I hope you're doing better.

LKD- IKR?! Geez, I feel so spoiled after going to the discounted store because now I don't want to pay more than 7$/yd, haha.

Furie- Have you tried boiling water+rollers yet?
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #10796
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Faraday- I havent. I've been recommended that technique a couple of times now so will try it tomorrow! Would have tried it today but I ended up wearing the wig all afternoon and evening lol!
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #10797
nessabutterfly

Faraday-- I'm all healed up from the surgery, but chemo is kicking my butt!
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #10798
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Fara: I love that wig for Meg! You look so perfect as her!

Nessa: I hope you're doing okay. <3

Getting Tink shoes tomorrow! Going to a casual cosplay meetup in Seattle, and hoping to stay warm. Going as Casual Tink and trying to get my boyfriend to be Bobble. :3

I have green skinny jeans, but I really want to wear a dress or something. What would look good for her casually?

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3

Last edited by tarinalove : 01-27-2012 at 09:04 PM.
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #10799
WonderlandAlice

Faraday: If I am spray-bottling hot water onto the bangs wigs, how hot does it need to be in the microwave for/how long should it sit and bubble? I just want to curl the bangs and now get the rest of the wig wet. Has there ever been fiber damage from water being too hot and wet?

Also for anyone, do you know of a good makeup case/kit? I've finally been requested to do makeup at children's parties and I don't know whether to buy drug store brand makeup or take a risk with a makeup kit from an unknown brand. I have the typically Walgreen's/CVS and Ulta stores out here. I just wonder if anyone has ever used them for cosplay or theatre. THANKS!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #10800
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandAlice View Post
If I am spray-bottling hot water onto the bangs wigs, how hot does it need to be in the microwave for/how long should it sit and bubble?
This will NOT work-- a spray bottle puts water into droplets that cool in the air. The water will be warm at best when it hits the wig. The only way to get the water hot enough is to pour it over the wig, or possibly dipping it into a bowl of freshly boiled water.

Also, I have used heating tools on wigs (yes, even non-heat-safe ones!) Cheaper tools tend to get less hot-- make sure it has multiple heat settings and use the lowest one (all my tools have a 1-25 range-- anything below 5 tends to be okay). Just check it on a spot that's not noticable, or even better, on a piece of hair that you trimmed off during styling. If your tool gets too hot, you can always heat it, unplug it, blow on it a few seconds, then use it.