Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1160 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #10816
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

protectkorri; Thanks! :3 It was too icky out to go to Seattle, so I went to town and shopped. :3 I'll keep that outfit in mind though. To me Tink is both girly and tomboy, so I think she would wear jeans if they made them in fairy/pixie sizes.

I found white flats I'm gonna dye/paint green today too at Goodwill for 4$! And a Vogue Sewing book from 1975, so I got that as well. :3

All that's left is to make the costume, and get the wings! Also getting my hair cut/trimmed next Friday like this:
I think it'll help it grow longer and the bangs look like Tink's too.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2012, 04:15 AM   #10817
toughtink

faraday- D: feel better soon! get plenty of rest!

furie- the meg wig looks fantastic!!

angryteacup- WOW, that's spot on ariel. how did you ever get the bangs to do that perfect swoosh?!

i've been working away at my Tink gettup, hitting lots of quite literal snags. eeek, i'm using my roommates sewing machine and i just managed to break a needle. DX she's so nice about it too! gah! i love her!

anyway, here's how my overdress is so far:

(i'm holding it together in the back since it's not sewn up yet, so it's not sitting quite right in the pic lol)
next up is putting in the zipper, the lining, and attaching the second row of leaves (of which i need to make 3 more) which i'm hoping will add both modesty and pizazz.

and then i'll still need to do the wings. @_@
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #10818
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Tink, Korii- Thanks! I'm hoping I'll have enough time and energy to start working on it soon. It'll probably have to be when my family is asleep since our room/apartment/flat/whatever is pretty small so its hard to lay out fabric.

Faraday- Good luck with the surgery! If you don't mind me asking, what's it for?

Petite- A steampunk Peter Pan group sounds awesome! And your Rinzler progress looks great!

Teacup- I love your Ariel wig! The little curl at the end of the bangs is adorable~

toughtink- Your Tink progress also looks beautiful! I'm really liking the texture that the brocade gives it.

Since I'm constantly gathering info for upcoming costumes, does anyone know what the sheer thing around Jasmine's shoulders is supposed to be in her ending outfit? I don't think its a shawl and I'm not sure how it would look when she's standing up.
http://hq55.com/disney/al/aladdin-di....com-10049.jpg
http://hq55.com/disney/al/aladdin-di....com-10023.jpg

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 05:03 AM   #10819
PetiteAltesse

Benihime: Thank you!

Ah! I forgot to add something. I did manage to make another version of Peter. An original design that my fiancee helped me come up with. It's similar to the Steampunk Peter, but... not steampunk. lol

Here it is: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/411884/

Last edited by PetiteAltesse : 01-29-2012 at 05:07 AM.
PetiteAltesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #10820
protectorkorii

The Angry Teacup- OMG I love your Ariel wig. Her bangs are PERFECT. I want a wig exactly like yours!

tarinalove- I meant wearing it overtop of the skinny jeans. That might mix them both. And i love your hairstyle that you're getting! A lot actually. I kind of want to get mine cut similar now too.

tough tink - Your dress looks wonderful! Great job.

beni- I'm not sure how accurate this is... but it just looks like a cape to me. You know Belle's winter cape in the movie? Its like that only sheer I think. I hope that makes sense.

In cosplay news my Sleeping Beauty costume is almost finished! All I have to do is the white collar and the hemming. I'm so excited! I'll be taking a photo soon!
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #10821
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

AngryTeacup- i totally saw your second pic on DA! I love your Ariel bangs, I'm super jealous of how nicely they turned out!

Toughtink- thanks!!! I love your tink progress too!!

Soooooooo guess who's just bagged her first princess party booking as Rapunzel!!!!???? MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily it's an old school friend's daughter's 3rd birthday next Saturday (the 4th) and as its my friend I managed to just cheekly ask if her daughter Zoe would like Rapunzel to attend her birthday and it bagged me my first booking!!! I'm doing ti for free as I'm using her birthday as a promo thing for myself mostly. But yay!! Now to rush around making sure the costume is fine, and to grab bits for the party when I'm on Wednesday!! EEK!
Unread 01-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #10822
TheAngryTeacup

ThoughTink- Thank you, it takes lots and lost of teasing, hairspray, patiences, and redos. lol. Also, Loooving the tink outfit it's looks sooo beautiful! I love the princess seam and how the hem falls around your hips perfectly! Reminds me a lot like Tink!

Benihime- I'm with you on the shawl. That's what I think it is too, it's just really long and hangs to a certain extent like in the first picture you show. Kind of like FF's Cloud Strife, just over the shoulders instead of the neck and sheer. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eartsCloud.jpg

FuriePhoenix- AHHH I'M SOOO JEALOUS! What did you do at the party?! What was it like?! How did the kids respond?! TELL ME STORIES!! What activities did you do? or games? Everything, Tell Me!
Tumblr

Up-coming Cons:
GAARA (Normal Battle Suit) 10%
Thumbelina 5%
Sora (KHII) 0%
TheAngryTeacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #10823
Nia_Nageraboshi
Across the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post

Since I'm constantly gathering info for upcoming costumes, does anyone know what the sheer thing around Jasmine's shoulders is supposed to be in her ending outfit? I don't think its a shawl and I'm not sure how it would look when she's standing up.
http://hq55.com/disney/al/aladdin-di....com-10049.jpg
http://hq55.com/disney/al/aladdin-di....com-10023.jpg

It looks like this: jasmine3.gif

:3 hope it helps !!!

by the way !! Im currently working in my Esmeralda costume
first Disney cosplay ever !!! :3 Im really exited about it, cant wait to use it >_<
Unread 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #10824
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

AngryTeacup- I havent done it yet its not until the 4th February! I've just managed to get my first booking! haha!!! I'll be doing things like sing a long with Rapunzel, color in fun maybe, story time with punzie.... that sort of thing! The little girl is having a tea party and is obsessed with Tangled so its being turned into a Tangled themed tea party! I'm so excited!!!
Unread 01-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #10825
WonderlandAlice

Since a lot of people are posting pics of their Tink, I thought I would post a couple photos o my Tink wig and see what you all think of it. It is two pieces from two different companies, but I think they blend well together. It is super easy to style with a comb and some hairspray so I can restyle if need be. Ignore the makeup and the shirt. I just got home from appearing as Rapunzel at a birthday today.

tinker bell 012.JPG

tinker bell 057.JPG

tinker bell 024.JPG Pouty Tink.
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #10826
PetiteAltesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandAlice View Post
Since a lot of people are posting pics of their Tink, I thought I would post a couple photos o my Tink wig and see what you all think of it. It is two pieces from two different companies, but I think they blend well together. It is super easy to style with a comb and some hairspray so I can restyle if need be. Ignore the makeup and the shirt. I just got home from appearing as Rapunzel at a birthday today.

Attachment 37181

Attachment 37182

Attachment 37183 Pouty Tink.
Wow! Your Tink wig is amazing. One of the best I've ever seen (if not the best).
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #10827
TheAngryTeacup

FuriePhoenix-EPP! I'm soo excited for you! Make sure you post all the details. I love hearing about princess parties. I hope to attened my own one day. *sigh*~
Tumblr

Up-coming Cons:
GAARA (Normal Battle Suit) 10%
Thumbelina 5%
Sora (KHII) 0%
TheAngryTeacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 02:04 AM   #10828
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Thanks for the Jasmine help everyone! The pictures really helped me make sense of things. Now to flatten my tummy so I can start the costume~

Petite- You're welcome! I think I remember seeing those pictures on dA, but I still really like your designs- your take on the costumes give them a more realistic look, especially on Hook. When you do the steampunk versions, are you going to add to your preexisting costumes or completely remake them?

Nia- Have fun! I had so much fun making and wearing my Esme dress. Which part are you on? I know that sounds like a really silly question, but there is just so much one can do with her regular gypsy outfit!

I'm not sure how relevant this is to any of you, but the Disney Store is having a BOGO on a bunch of their plushies including ones that could be used as props.
http://www.disneystore.com/buy-one-g...free/mn/21528/

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 02-19-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #10829
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

WonderlandAlice- oh my god I LOVE your Tink wig! I also like the make up.. though you said its punzie make up but i think its great for Tink from the original Peter Pan film when she has like pin up red lips and stuff, yours more subtle and great for tink in my opinion!

AngryTeacup- Of course I'll post all the details!! I found an official Rapunzel film replica kids brush today that I HAD to get the birthday girl! It was so cute! As my mom is practically my promoter and manager she's coming along to be my photographer so HOPEFULLY I'll get photos of me doing story telling and stuff!

As for cosplay news... I've come to a halt with Meg haha Will make sure to continue work on it soon-ish though

I just remembered... I dont think I ever posted it for people to see, but back in October I did a video of me attempting a one person kingdom dance in my Punzie costume. Its quite hilarious to see! I managed to finally upload it onto youtube if anyone wants to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQm5c...aHn8X_Jn1NhQ3v

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 01-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #10830
toughtink

wonderland alice: wow! your tink wig is perfect! i love the color and shine.

furie: god, that was adorable. that was my favorite part of Tangled. i loved when you were pulling in other characters to dance. XD

all these great wigs were starting to make me worry about mine. i hadn't taken mine out in almost a year, so i decided to try it on today and see how it's kept up and what i'll need to change before Megacon.

overall, it's kept it's shape very well, but i'll need to take down some of the frizziness and maybe restyle part of one side that's threatening to fall down. this wig, by the way, was amazing when i got it. super long, golden locks, and it was so well made that i was actually able to style it up without having to worry about any of the wefts showing, which is great because i hated the idea of having to trim down this wig at all. :3
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote