Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 630 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 01-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #10831
protectorkorii

Furie- yay! We have another of our princess-business people! Do you have a facebook/website? Let me know!

Nia- Good luck with your Esmeralda costume!

Wonderland- I'm just going to say again that I LOVE your wig. Its amazing.

Beni- OMG that is super revelant to me. Thank you so much! I've been waiting ages to get my hands on Snow White's dwarfs. I also kind of want Cinderella's mice and Dumbo even though I have no reason for them....

Toughtink- I LOVE your Tink wig too! Man, everyone has this beautiful Tink wigs. I feel left out.... I'll have to post my own photos tomorrow.

In cosplay news my Tinkerbell wings came today! Yay! they're lovely and I can't wait to use them. Also got the zipper put into my Sleeping Beauty costume (not much work done at all there, but hey, I'm starting it)
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #10832
WonderlandAlice

Awwwwwww. Thank you so much for the Tink wig compliments!!!!!!! The bangs were just cut a bit to be shorter, but other than that, bobby pins, a comb and hairspray were the only tools! If anyone would like to know which wig pieces I used, I can add links.

Can't wait to see everyone else's Tink come together. How did it happen that so many Tinks would be made now????
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #10833
ThePrincessMom

Question for those of you who know wigs best!
For my Giselle costume, I'd really like to use my own hair. I think my color will be a good match, and my actual hair is very similar to hers as far as how I can style it. BUT she obviously had some type of hair piece on top with that big poof behind her tiara. What exactly *is* that, and where would I find it? If I can avoid a full wig I'd love to, since the costume will be so hot. At least my head can breathe, lol.
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #10834
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Petite ~ Looking awesome!!! And I love the Peter costume!

TheAngryTeacup ~ THOSE BANGS! They're perfect! Amazing job!!!

Tough Tink ~ Its looking great! :3 And your Tink wig is great.

Cait ~ It kinda just looks like a shawl with an extended back. Doesn't entirely make sense lol

Furie ~ D: LUCKYYYY!!

Wonderland ~ Wow that wig looks FANTASTIC! I love the mixed blonde you used too. Looks really natural

Last edited by LadySasha : 01-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #10835
PetiteAltesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Petite- You're welcome! I think I remember seeing those pictures on dA, but I still really like your designs- your take on the costumes give them a more realistic look, especially on Hook. When you do the steampunk versions, are you going to add to your preexisting costumes or completely remake them?
Thank you so much! Oh, no! We would be making completely new costumes. At first we were going to make these into the Steampunk costumes, but that changed the further we progressed. Now they're just our own takes on the characters. We have yet to design the new ones, but they will happen! lol And I do still plan to go with a jet pack (or some sort of flying device).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Petite ~ Looking awesome!!! And I love the Peter costume!
Thanks so much!
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #10836
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrincessMom View Post
For my Giselle costume, I'd really like to use my own hair. I think my color will be a good match, and my actual hair is very similar to hers as far as how I can style it. BUT she obviously had some type of hair piece on top with that big poof behind her tiara. What exactly *is* that, and where would I find it? If I can avoid a full wig I'd love to, since the costume will be so hot. At least my head can breathe, lol.
not an expert by any means as i am new to this, but it almost looks like those updo hairpieces you can get at like sallys beauty supply for if you dont have enough hair for curls, or the 1/2 wigs irish dancers wear (my friend is one, and i think its funny she has to wear one because her hair wont hold curl)

a wiglet? hahahaha like this:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/3705359..._lwgsi=y&cbt=y

Last edited by kiggi : 01-31-2012 at 12:05 AM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:04 AM   #10837
Aurora's Heart

The Princess Mom- There is a device that was on the market a year ago called Bump It. It's a half moon shaped plastic comb thing you place under a peice of hair and give your hair the boufant/Snookie look. I think this might be a simple solution to Giselles hair.

Wonderland- Your Tink wig looks awsome and I have to say you have the face for Tink. I have yet to see someone with such a cute round face and large eyes like you have. I really thought you were her for a minute. Tink and Alice might be your best Disney girls. (Not that you can't cosplay others)

ToughTink- Your Tink wig looks great too. Makes me re-think how I do my hair when I break mine out of storage.

Furie- That's awsome that you will be doing a Princess Party. Loved your Kingdom Dance as well.

Beni- I agree with what the others have said about Jasmine. It's a shawl with a sheer over skirt that starts under the yoke on the pants. Here's a screencap I think showes it well.
http://hq55.com/disney/al/aladdin-di....com-10038.jpg I have to say, that I think this is my fav of her outfits.

AngryTea cup- Your Ariel wig is amazing!!!!

I decided I'm going to bring my Meg to my April con so, I will be taking my wig out and making some adjustments to it as it kinda doesn't store to well. I'll make sure I post pics for you guys as I never got very good ones when I made it initialy.

Hopefully gonna start on the corset for Rapunzel this week. It will give me time to contemplate my fabric issue while still making progress.
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #10838
nessabutterfly

Quote:
try a half wig or a 3/4 wig. Look for an ethnic wig shop in your neighbourhood. (Unless there are NO black people in your city, there should be at least one). You can get ponytail attachments that could be poofed out, but 3/4 wigs are larger and fuller. The benefit is that once you have a matching one, you can use it anytime that you're having a bad hair day-- just tuck it over your hair, add a headband where it transitions from your own hair to the wig, and Voila-- perfect hair! (I do this all the time with a 3/4 I have!)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #10839
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Korii- I do indeed have a facebook and website ^_^ my website is: www.part-of-your-world-webs.com and if you search Cez 'Ariel' Jackson on my facebook you can get the link for my FB page for my princess party thing on there. Its under 'Ariel and Rapunzel impersonator' ^_^

Toughtink- I like your wig its so cute!!! And thanks its my fav part of the movie too ^_^ That managed to happen luckily because they saw from where they were that rapunzel was dancing around and she was like "RAPUNZEL! ITS RAPUNZEL!" and came running over so i ran to meet her half way and made her and her friends join me in the dance haha!
Unread 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #10840
ThePrincessMom

Thanks for the suggestions!
kiggi - I love the term "wiglet" lol. Getting my hair curly isn't an issue...it's got a lot of natural curl, but I have some weird areas that tend to be naturally straighter. And my hair is pretty thick too, but there are layers cut here and there and that has taken the volume down. By October there is no telling though...my hair grows really fast so I've got 8 months to increase my chances, haha.
Aurora's Heart- yes, I thought about the bump it!! I need to go find one.
nessasbutterfly - I'm sure I can find some wig shops...actually the major city I live near, white people are the minority so I bet there are a lot. But would I be likely to find red hair in one? hmm...I suppose it is worth checking out if I get time. I so love the online shopping option though!

If I get a chance today maybe I will hair experiment....I think a bump it would make me have the look, but looking at the shots from Enchanted I just feel like the mass of hair on her head was over the top, and there had to be some fake stuff going on in there. I want that exaggerated look since the dress certainly isn't an understatement. :P
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #10841
protectorkorii

Hey everyone! I've gotten a lot of progress done so I wanted to share the photos:

Tink Wings by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
^ These are my Tinkerbell wings! They're going to be sewn to the back of my dress. I love them! (I also have a pair in pink for Rosetta but I can't find my skirt to take photos in right now)

Tink 2 by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
^the best photo I could get of my Tinkerbell dress so far. Its still 2 sizes too big, but other than that its good!

Tink wig by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
^ My tink wig!

Sleeping Beauty gown by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
^ And then finally my Sleeping Beauty dress!

What do you guys think?
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #10842
jdoe7

Korii: it all looks so good! And I LOVE your tink dress!!! Super cute even as just a regular dress!

To my secret Santa giftee, I sent your gift today, so sorry it's super late but it's on the way!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #10843
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

PhoenixFurie - What a wonderful story about your meeting with Mr. Keane. I'm a guy and I may have shed a tear or three over that tale.

Beni - How's the Fireside Girls idea coming along?

Last edited by kojirojames2004 : 01-31-2012 at 08:54 PM.
kojirojames2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #10844
nessabutterfly

Quote:
nessasbutterfly - I'm sure I can find some wig shops...actually the major city I live near, white people are the minority so I bet there are a lot. But would I be likely to find red hair in one? hmm...I suppose it is worth checking out if I get time. I so love the online shopping option though!
You would be amazed at how many reds are available. It seems to be a popular colour choice-- probably because it's as light as black hair can get with lighteners? There are usually better colour options with the ponytails than the 3/4 wigs. There are always a few blonds, but they are either a fake yellowey blond (to match the bleached look) or a super-light platinum blond that looks equally fake on anyone!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #10845
ThePrincessMom

I am looking at this in the 30/light auburn color (trying to match what my own hair usually looks like!). http://www.internationalwigs.com/Mirage-p/tk_mirage.htm
I think this is a clip on pony tail...would that work or should I be looking for a more spread out wig with the comb inserts?
I watched youtube videos of girls putting wigs on to get a better grasp on how they work, lol.

I tried pulling my own hair up, and as of now the layers I have in the front/sides kill the length. Once it goes up, there's not enough to have all those curly tendrils.