Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1161 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #10846
nessabutterfly

Princess Mom-- that clip is full enough to work-- might be a little long-- you could either trim it or pin more of it up. I would still check the actual shops though-- you can often get a pony for $15-20 and a half wig for $20-25.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #10847
ThePrincessMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessabutterfly View Post
Princess Mom-- that clip is full enough to work-- might be a little long-- you could either trim it or pin more of it up. I would still check the actual shops though-- you can often get a pony for $15-20 and a half wig for $20-25.
Yes...after $20 of gas is wasted though, lol!
I really want to see them in person to get the best color though...oh decisions...
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #10848
LKD
Is a princess!!

This post is going to be giant XD now to find the last page I commented on...dear lordy

nessa- Your a saint x3 I think I'ma do that~

poody- haha cinthya was telling me about it XP

petite- That looks amazing so far! I envy your skills >3

teacup- Oooo Can I has your eyes?! You have the perfect face for Ariel! I wish to see you as Rapunzel too!

toughtink- It looks AMAZING! Finishfinishfinish I wants to seeee. Is that a wig?! I thought it was your real hair 0-o looks so natural!

beni- I have a TON of Lavender fabric I was going to use for my zelda dress but I'm not sure if I'll be using it anymore, you wants? its like the shade of this comment box, the third later one and option box x3 it's dull satin. I have like 4/5 yds i dont need x3

wonderland- I love the color of your wig!! I wish I could use that color Q^Q Damn skin tone

protector- omg! Where did you get that dress?! I want it for everydayness x3 so cute!! Your aurora gown looks so well put together! Love!

I finished the lining of my Tink dress..I hit a bump when i ran out of zip ties (only had 2 more channels to fill D; so I just stole them out of a old rapunzel top XD it's the cheapy boning but oh well XP

I finished sewing the front of the fashion fabric though =D

I'm determined to finish this dress tonight =3 I just need to do the back, snip some inches off the top and sew it and the lining together, pinch the front and doooone! XD now if I can only get off the computer

oh I also bought a sparkle white boa to make my shoe puffs =3 FREAKINGEXPENSIVE.
Although I now have two rolls of fun fur yarn I don't need though..Stupid joanns.com and their bogus return policies.
Unread 02-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #10849
nessabutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
nessa- Your a saint x3 I think I'ma do that~
What did I tell you to do? I can't remember anything from moment to moment.

Princess Mom: well if it's that far away, then go with the online one, yeah. Sorry, I forget that the rest of the world doesn't all live in cities.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #10850
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojirojames2004 View Post
PhoenixFurie - What a wonderful story about your meeting with Mr. Keane. I'm a guy and I may have shed a tear or three over that tale.
Aww thank you! I still shed a little tear when it hink back to it! ^_^

Korii- love your tink progress and i ADORE your Sleeping Beauty dress progress so so much!

LKD- Love your variation on tink!! Its so pretty!!

Ooh... I found the little girl's who's birthday I'm attending on Saturday the most adorable rapunzel kids brush... thought you guy might like a lookie! I want one for myself as a cosplay prop! I found her a couple of other little bits punzie related but wrapped them up before i took a photo! haha

Cosplay news for me... I've done hipster Ariel guys!!!!! My camera totally washed out the purple in the tops though..... the top started off as a guys baggy top that I altered... i lvoe the sleeves.. reminds me of seaweed.....XP
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #10851
PetiteAltesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
petite- That looks amazing so far! I envy your skills >3

I finished the lining of my Tink dress..I hit a bump when i ran out of zip ties (only had 2 more channels to fill D; so I just stole them out of a old rapunzel top XD it's the cheapy boning but oh well XP

I finished sewing the front of the fashion fabric though =D

I'm determined to finish this dress tonight =3 I just need to do the back, snip some inches off the top and sew it and the lining together, pinch the front and doooone! XD now if I can only get off the computer

oh I also bought a sparkle white boa to make my shoe puffs =3 FREAKINGEXPENSIVE.
Although I now have two rolls of fun fur yarn I don't need though..Stupid joanns.com and their bogus return policies.
Thanks so much! I'll definitely be doing a better job of updating Rinzler. I'm way too excited for this costume not to.

I also really like what you're doing with your Tink costume. Very original concept. C:
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #10852
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Okay wow I missed a lot! But I spent the night at my boyfriend's on monday and didn't check this site yesterday. Anyway....

korii: feel free to take the image! I got it from becomegorgeous.com which is a wonderful site for hair looks! The best I've found aside from hair magazines.

toughtink: Wow! I love your dress and wig! You're so pretty! And that wig is adorable.

wonderlandalice: I like your Tink wig alot! who were the sellers you bought from?? :3

LKD: Wow! I LOVE your dress. That fabric is so pretty. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Furie: What sort of birthday parties do you do and how do you get into work like that? I'm really curious.

I haven't been working on cosplays lately but I did re-watch the first Tinkerbell movie on Monday. It makes me tear up and be happy all at the same time. And I really want to get sparkley glitter fabric to replicate the movie. D:

It's awesome seeing everyone's progress!

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #10853
toughtink

LKD: thanks! that's the first someone's told me it looks natural. with that wig it really depends on the light, i think. XD your tink dress is coming along awesome. i'm so excited to see everyone's take on tink in the end.

tarina: aww, thank you!

i added the lining to my dress and now i need to add the underskirt leaves and a closure, as well as finish restyling my wig. oh...and those wings. haven't even started on those yet.... O__O' i'm afraid that time will just slip by me, even though i have a couple weeks left to finish this stuff. this weekend, my time will be almost entirely occupied by a career conference thingy. stupid real life! getting in the way of my cosplay!
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #10854
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

tarina- it's my own little 'job' really and it's only my first booking, so there isn't much I can tell you lol. But there are others on here who do princess parties and have been doing it for a lot longer than myself and will probably be able to tell you more. But I just started it as at events and stuff I get such a good reception from kids, that my mom said "you should do a princess for hire thing" to me and I jut set up my own website, got business cards done, and promoted myself through facebook and twitter and now an old school friend's daughter is having a birthday on Saturday and she booked me for it to attend as Rapunzel. I also signed up to a lot of lookalike company sites (yet to hear back) so maybe that would be a way to go at first, or try to get a job with already existing princess party companies etc.
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #10855
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I love my brother... he just bought me the domain name www.princessforhire.co.uk for my site, and will be doing me up to date more funky business cards AND be tarting up my website for me! He's so made of awesome ^___^ I seriously love this guy haha! He also got me a Simba tshirt!
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #10856
protectorkorii

ThePrincessMom- look up wiglets or drawstring hair pieces for beauty contests or something similar. I was looking for stuff like that when looking for my Cinderella bun and they should have what you're looking for on ebay for pretty cheap!

LKD- It was a bridesmaids dress i bought off ebay $17! I shortened it because it used to be about 3 feet longer. And thank you very much! Your Tinkerbell dress looks great so far!

Furie- Thank you very much! Also good luck with your party. I think you aready noticed but check out Princess Party Network on facebook for help from other princess party companies. myself and WonderlandAlice are running it and we have a bunch of other party companies on there to help out!

Also: I got photos of my fairy costumes! Tinkerbell is *this* close to being done. Rosetta just needs her top. And Silvermist is done except for her wings! What do you think?

fairy party js by JS Princess Parties, on Flickr
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #10857
kiggi

ok, so im having an issue. i have gone through every sewing book and online forum i can find, and i can't find a (real) answer to my problem. my cinderella fabric is giving me issues i didnt think of. it is embroidered all over, and has a scalloped edge, and the pattern pieces are curved, and obviously the edge of the fabric is straight. the only answer i found was to cut off the bottom and applique it on, and i think that would maybe work with lace, but this isnt, and it would look horrid i think. and i dont want to re embroider it... this is the skirt im using (i just love the box pleats!) http://www.vintagefashionlibrary.com...detail/355/888 please help? i dont know if it being just a "tube" that is gathered and pleated at the waist would give me what im looking for. this is for the overlay, but then, do i do the underskirt the same?

im just having issues.

so i dont double post...

which base fabric?
blue satin, a little heavier than the casa, and a lot shinier:

blue casa, slight sheen:

and i guess that decision will make this one:
which white fabric? white casa or white satin?

Last edited by kiggi : 02-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #10858
TheAngryTeacup

LKD- OMGosh! You were the one who inspired me to cosplay as Ariel! I was that chick on DA who comment on skin colour and cosplaying lol. I thank you for inspiring me to do it! Thank you for that wonderful compliment! I love your Ariel as my favourite! Always.

Kiggi- AHHH! IT'S LOOKS SOOOO PRETTY SO FAR!!!!! I LOVE IT! I personally like the White Satin. It add that 'feel' to it. Very beautiful!

With every one on a PIXIE STREAK, I have the urge to cosplay my Favourite Tink Character, BOBBLE! AH He's sooo cute. I just have NO IDEA what to do for Goggles. . . . I'm worry at that part. Could anyone help? They look like this.
|
v
Tumblr

Up-coming Cons:
GAARA (Normal Battle Suit) 10%
Thumbelina 5%
Sora (KHII) 0%

Last edited by TheAngryTeacup : 02-03-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: picture problem
TheAngryTeacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #10859
kiggi

angry teacup: thanks! how about something like this? they are from despicable me, but basic concept...
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/100_7105.jpg
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #10860
TheAngryTeacup

Kiggi- AH! Yes those are awesome! Thank you! I was also looking at these too and thinking about converting them into goggles. http://www.costumestore.com/p-14531-...e-glasses.aspx
Tumblr

Up-coming Cons:
GAARA (Normal Battle Suit) 10%
Thumbelina 5%
Sora (KHII) 0%
TheAngryTeacup is offline   Reply With Quote