Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #10891
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- really!? When we were there last February a cast member told us that their there- only during the halloween period which is what we've always known for all the parks....

Unread 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #10892
toughtink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
Kiggi- really!? When we were there last February a cast member told us that their there- only during the halloween period which is what we've always known for all the parks....
i was under the impression that Jack and Sally are Disneyland centric. i've never been to any disney park during halloween, but i don't think they use them in Disney World.
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #10893
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

I'm loving the costumes, ladies!

Furie- Ahhh, I'm so jealous! I WANNA GO!

So, believe it or not, I've been sewing!! I've been working on Rapunzel and have assembled the upper sleeves, cut out the sheer sleeve, started working on the bodice under-layer, and am aaaaaalmost finished cutting out the center panel stencil. Yay! I would have gotten more done but I need the pattern for the corset before I can start on it.
Unread 02-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #10894
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

toughtink- if thats true then that sucks... mom is will be so disappointed!

Suzie- i like the sleeve progress! ^_^

no real cosplay news from me, but I have advance entered my Punzie in a masquerade at the event im attending in two weeks EEP! Though I still havent decided whether to do blonde punzie or brunette punzie so i sent ref images of both versions haha
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #10895
kiggi

yeah furie, its california only. i was a bit disappointed too, but there is still lots of great things there!! AND when you go, the new fantasy land should in theory be open, so you can go to the beasts castle, and ariels grotto, and so on!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #10896
WonderlandAlice

I wore my new Aurora gown today!!! So excited. It was the first time I had (nearly) everything together. I have the neckace but I need to put a backing on it so it will hold its shape, so I wasn't wearing it. Any suggestions for adherring gold metal mesh to glitter foam board backing? It is not an expensive neckace so I don't mind any potental damage to the back.

I also want to restyle my bangs for the 4th time.

What do you think?
Sleeping Beauty 017 - Copy.JPG

Sleeping Beauty 026 - Copy.JPG
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #10897
kiggi

if it is a mesh can you just sew it on?

your dress looks great!
Unread 02-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #10898
WonderlandAlice

Well the necklace really isn't mesh. It's like a bunch of metal dots linked closely together to form a triangle. It doesn't really hold its shape very well and collapses on itself while it's around my neck. I'd be happy if I could just use some type of glue to hold it to a backing!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #10899
kiggi

http://www.amazon.com/Avalaya-Gold-M.../dp/B0029XDA62 like this? if it is, my sister had a necklace like this once, and i made a tiara out of it. i bought craft metal mesh sheeting http://www.carpediemstore.com/pCusto...niWireForm.jpg and there are tiny prong things on the back, or on mine there were, and i carefully pulled them back and made them attach to the mesh, but i suppose you could wire it too because there are really tiny bars between each dot. it would be a bit of work, but it would be flexible and hopefully do what you want.

this also works really well as a base for crowns with lots of jewels.

oh, and with the nature of these mesh dots, you can "rearrange them" a bit too. i took out some and added them elsewhere because i wanted a different shape.

Last edited by kiggi : 02-12-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #10900
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- thanks for the info! That sucks... I know their in the Paris one coz my mate has met them there, shame its not in disneyworld too.... is the haunted mansion still decked out NBC style though there??

I heard about the new fantasyland should be open by then im so excited by that prospect! Mostly Ariel's part... but thats just a given haha
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #10901
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:

korii- those christmas dresses are so lovely i especially love Aurora's... makes me wonder if Ariel got a dress!
ariel has one! i know i have a full pic saved somewhere but can't find it right now... but here it is!

they're from a tokyo disney christmas parade, i believe.

i didn't know cindy did! i think hers and ariels are my faves!

and kiggi, white satin!! the shine has more of a silvery look to it. i love it!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #10902
ThePrincessMom

Quote:
Kiggi- thanks for the info! That sucks... I know their in the Paris one coz my mate has met them there, shame its not in disneyworld too.... is the haunted mansion still decked out NBC style though there??

I heard about the new fantasyland should be open by then im so excited by that prospect! Mostly Ariel's part... but thats just a given haha

The Haunted Mansion only gets the makeover at Disneyland, not WDW. WDW doesn't do *any* Halloween overlays (DL has changes to Space Mountain too).
Aside from the same few pieces of merchandise you'll see repeated in the gift shops, Jack & Sally are not a part of WDW.
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #10903
jdoe7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrincessMom View Post
The Haunted Mansion only gets the makeover at Disneyland, not WDW. WDW doesn't do *any* Halloween overlays (DL has changes to Space Mountain too).
Aside from the same few pieces of merchandise you'll see repeated in the gift shops, Jack & Sally are not a part of WDW.
Yeah, when I first did my college program, I was so disappointed that the hm didn't change over! I loved it at Disneyland! But still the Halloween parties at mk are so much fun! I went twice(and you do have to pay as a cm to get into those)! And who knows how many times I will go if my husband and I get accepted

K so this isn't cosplay news but I wanted to share with you guys that I had my phone interview for the Disney college program my husband has his tomorrow! We are going to try for character performer as well! I know I won't get face but still it'd be awesome to do fur! It'd be like cosplay all the time! Ha ha!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #10904
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

PrincessMom- Dang... that's really sucky! The villains come out though like every other park right? Please say they do SOMETHING like that to get into the halloween spirit other than the parties???
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #10905
jdoe7

Quote:
PrincessMom- Dang... that's really sucky! The villains come out though like every other park right? Please say they do SOMETHING like that to get into the halloween spirit other than the parties???
I know you asked princess mom but I can assure you that the villains are everywhere! They have a special stage show that's just the villains as well and hallowishes is villain themed too!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote