Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 667 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #10936
redsheep

I went and got the pattern and fabric today. I went with casa satin, but the more matte ones. They have a slight shine, but photograph well. Altogether it was about 10 yards for $107, not including the collar or cape or notions. I'm gonna' start tonight and work all day tomorrow and see where I can get.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #10937
kiggi

redsheep, i hope you can get it done!

so i pulled out my hoops to start making measurements and such. my cinderella dress may be looking a bit more civil war than i thought i was going with it, since i am going to a ball, and just dont have the time/funds for a second dress this elaborate. think the historic drawing cinderella, but not. (sorry person who asked about theirs being recognizable, i think im using parts of the pattern i posted... hope you're not mad) well anywho, in the process of measuring and such, my son found a good use for hoops. it is now his tent.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...e/100_7233.jpg

i just better teach him this is ONLY ok when they are on the dress form! that could be awkward.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #10938
redsheep

kiggi: I'm doing the puff and slash on the sleeves right now. I'm mostly just winging it. XD

Nice crinoline. I really could have used one on my Civil War reenactment dress.
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #10939
protectorkorii

petitealtesse- Great work on Rinzler!

Furie- Awesome party! You make a great hipster Ariel!

redsheep- good luck with your dress. Good luck! Hope it all works out There is a simplicity pattern for Snow White that should be perfect. I'm going to make a parks version using it. Not sure what you're going to be doing but I'm excited to see it.

kiggi- that is adorable! (also I love your hoopskirt. how much was it? I'm thinking of getting one like that for Belle to make her skirt bigger.

Also question: I'm making a Jasmine costume but I need it to fit multiple girls because its for a princess party business. How should I go about making pants that are worn around the waist adjustable
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #10940
redsheep

Korii: I'm using the Simplicity pattern, but using this for the sleeves. I'm going for the film dress, but the skirt is a lot more full and yellow so that's like the parks.

And I'd make it adjustable, or maybe elastic? It shouldn't have to stretch too much if they're all pretty similar in size.
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #10941
redsheep

Derp, but I'm so proud of my quarter of a sleeve. XD

And the fabric is so pretty. *_*
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #10942
PetiteAltesse

Thank you guys so much! 8D Glad you like so far.
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #10943
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Hey guys I'm back! Sorry I've been MIA. Busy working on stuff X.x Life got busy there.

Megacon just wrapped up and the Disney gathering ended up having a pretty HUGE turnout. We lost a handful of people when it threatened to rain (only for it to clear up 10 minutes later -_-) but overall it was amazing! If any of you on here were there thanks for coming out!

I got to debut my Designer Rapunzel and it got SUCH a great reception! I ended up braiding the hair instead of letting it hang loose like the doll (and glad I did because it was SO windy!)

Here's the shots I managed to get (one I did and one my hubby did)

http://theladysasha.deviantart.com/a...nzel-286091143

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...1atuo1_500.png

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...618 569_o.jpg

I'll post more pics later on (especially the ones of all the designer girls we had 6 total)
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #10944
redsheep

Sasha: Wow, it looks really good! I love the way you did the wig.
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #10945
Aurora's Heart

Redsheep- That sucks about your dress. Hope you can get one made in time.

Sasha- Love the Designer Rapunzel. Your group looks great too.

Furie- Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Well, I have all the material I need for Rapunzel. I still need to buy dye for the skirt (store was out when i got my skirt material) and of course little details I can't get till later. I have all the pieces for the corset/top and under bodice cut out. I'll dye them hopefully sometime this week.
Unread 02-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #10946
nessabutterfly

Kiggi-- I dunno. My boy has been under there while it's off the dressform: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2694895/

Both boys actually: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2694894/

Of course, I had bloomers, a shift, and a bunch of other stuff under there...
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #10947
kiggi

redsheep, looking good! the fabric is pretty!

protectorkorii, i bought it like 11 yrs ago when i went to my first ball with my best friend. i got it from a bridal store when they had their clearance sale to get rid of some of the "scratch and dent" i had to fix a tiny rip in the seem but i think then i paid like $20? this is pretty similar and with shipping is like $33 which is cheep for a 6 tier/boned adjustable huge hoop. (mine isnt even out as full as it can get) they usually run about $75+

ladysasha, you look adorable! good job!

nessa, hahahahahaha i tried it on, and he yelled at me for taking his tent away. i probably will have all that under it to im just picturing @ disney him doing that to the princesses!
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #10948
redsheep

Quote:
im just picturing @ disney him doing that to the princesses!
Oh my gosh. XD
Unread 02-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #10949
kiggi

so, i think im going to be leaning more this direction, by no means a copy, because i have other fabric planned, and such, but i think this is generally the direction im going.

using elements from:
http://images.patternreview.com/sewi.../5724/5724.jpg

here you go... this is what im going with (at this minute)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...v0v0o3_250.jpg this is for size, and to show me what wont work. this surely will be super thick around my waist. looks like im back to figuring out box pleats and pre-edged fabric. this is my new rapunzel skirt fabric, when i ever get around to redoing it.

im going to use the blue casa, and probably the white satin with white organza dot over it, or i might just do the organza dot alone. i decided it was too much to do the entire dress with the blue organza. and since i will have 158in of scrap scallops from one edge i trim off, im using it as trim. the "poof" wont be 2 pillows, it will be like the historic drawing.

Last edited by kiggi : 02-20-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Unread 02-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #10950
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks guys for the comments on my hipster ariel and the party photos.

Sasha- love your designer Rapunzel!

I'VE FINISHED MY MEGARA COSTUME!!!! Ok... so I have to hem it up a bit at the bottom coz it's a tad too long but thats really minor... but yeah I completed today with the help mom we got it done between half 12midday and finished at half 5 this evening (two hours ago)!! I'm so proud of my Meg costume and cant wait to wear it on Friday, as I've decided to wear her a few months earlier at the event Hyper Japan ^_^

I've pulled the cowl neck at the back together to show how it will look once worn, I'll use a little safety pin to hold it close

Oh yeah! My friend LOVED her Pascal hoodie!!!