Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 979 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #10981
Princess Seren

I'm new, but I've been following this thread for a long time. Cosplaying Belle has always been a dream of mine (both her peasant blue dress and her yellow ballgown), and thanks to this site and a few other places I think I finally have the courage to try!

Originally I wanted to do a movie accurate version of the yellow ballgown until I saw pictures of the "Once Upon a Dream Parade" in Disneyland Paris. Belle's dress is simply gorgeous, and I want to take that and maybe change it up a bit to make it a little closer to movie accurate (like maybe more subtle designs on the dress?). I don't know, what do you all think?

http://mlle-dreamer.deviantart.com/g...et=96#/d2yw1lt <-- front of dress
Princess Seren is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #10982
MermaidPrincess

Hi everyone so kinda been almost stalking this thread for a long time being the disney obsessive I am haha but since I'm starting my first disney cosplay I thought I'd finally post on here!!!
MermaidPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #10983
MermaidPrincess

Okay so over the weekend I finished painting the first panel of my second Rapunzel bodice and I just thought I'd share it with everyone! *hands hurt so badddd*

I hope its visible enough to see my designs
Unread 02-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #10984
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

MermaidPrincess- welcome to the thread! What is your first disney cosplay gonna be?
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #10985
MermaidPrincess

FuriePhoenix: Thank you!!!!! Well I decided to cosplay from my current obsession Tangled! I like seriously LOVE Punzie she's just too adoreable!!!! I'm in the middle of painting the panels for my new bodice right now cause I did a version 1 but since I used interfacing and was forced to use the shiny side of my satin I just didn't like it. So onto version 2!!!!
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #10986
HimePanda

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of doing Tiana'a work outfit. What would be good place to find a pattern for that outfit?
HimePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #10987
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Long-time lurker jumping back into the fray. My Mim costume is alllllmost done - I just need the freaking wig to arrive (Canada Post, you SUCK), and I need to hem my shoe covers.

I want to take pictures in this outfit so badly! It's a horribly wonderful clash of pinks, reds and purples. Plus I get to be MAAAAAD.

*cough*
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #10988
kiggi

with some alterations, this may not be a bad pattern to use... http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m476...hp?page_id=108
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #10989
Limeyaku
First-Mate

well one thing lead to another and i ended up with some accordion organza ( who has tips on dying polyester >_> ) and 3 yards of light pink satin.

so ending rapunzel and designer rapunzel are in the works!

I'm going to tackle designer this week, I think since it's a super easy build ( other than the dying... ) and then the ending dress when I get around to it... I need to figure out a pattern to have printed for the underskirt before I do anything else for that one. Argh!!!!

here's a random photo of why i take so long to do anything productive!

i think i actually may attempt to dye the satin as well to a SLIGHTLY more lilac shade for the ending dress...hmmmm.
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #10990
MermaidPrincess

HimePanda: I think that the pattern kiggi suggested is perfect for Tiana's waitress dress! I'd definitely do that one!!!!

Limeyaku: Wow!!!! That looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Wow!!!! I can't wait to see the whole thing finished!!!! I wish I had dying tips but I absolutely stink at dying!!!! I can't even tell you how much fabric I went through trying to get the perfect color for my Rapunzel bodice!!!! I don't know if this will help but at rit's official website they have tips on dying different types of fabrics as well as a color formula guide with recipes to get certain colors!
Unread 02-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #10991
kiggi

there are special dyes for polyester. Thogh I'm worried the heat from the dying might lose the pleats
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #10992
PetiteAltesse

Got some more updates on Rinzler:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3162971/

Nothing big. Just small stuff for right now.
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #10993
Aurora's Heart

Lime- i-dye poly or something like that for polyester works great. It's in Joann's with the rest of the dye. It looks like one of those seed envelopes. It's what I used for my corset when I did my Designer Rapunzel.

Petite- Looking good.

Figured out what pattern to use for my Rapunzel skirt and with a couple of tweeks will be able to cut out skirt material soon.
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #10994
Kitsune
Turk in a Skirt

So, after the massive Disney photoshoot at Megacon (which was so much fun! And such a great turn-out), some of my friends have persuaded me to try a Designer version.

Except most of the group was already spoken for... And I'd have wanted to be different anyway.

So I think I'm going to design my own "Designer" Eilonwy and just hope no one confuses me for Briar Rose (they totally will - I had a bunch of little girls think that was who I was, but I wasn't about to correct them when they were so excited to get a picture with a princess <3).

One day I will do something popular from Disney...
Friday: Scootaloo (MLP:FiM), Darya "Dasha" Alkaev (Orlandia); Saturday: Dasha, Ryoko Mitsurugi; Sunday: Zubat (Pokemon Snap panel), Dasha
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #10995
namine1987

Well i think im going to do giselles monster dress i already have to make a 168" hoop skirt for a different dress hopefully ill be able to do it in time for metro
namine1987 is offline   Reply With Quote