Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 629 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #11011
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

I'm working on a Kida cosplay and I've been wondering if her hair is pure white or more of a subtle silvery white. Thanks!

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #11012
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

seifer- so looking forward to seeing photos of your Punzie!

tehku- I'm also planning a Kida cosplay for may, and I personally have always seen her white as stark white aka snow white more than silvery white.. but that could be just me.. thats how I'm doing her hair anyway as it saves me money on buying a wig as I'll already have one white wig from another costume I'll be wearing in April lol

cosplay news from me: I got the back panel of Gothel's dress cut out.... thats it... then I stopped for lunch and couldn't be assed to go any further lol! I'm so bad at getting into the sewing frame of mind lately... will do the front panel tomorrow though so I can it onto my mannequin inside out, then start on the sleeves.... I'm yet to find a free online pattern for her sleeves though...
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #11013
kiggi

mermaid princess:
here is me, the silver streaks are the fiber optics, its a really nice wig!

braided and glowing(not the big braid, just a simple one) in light trick or treating required it being braided, because i was carrying my son 1/2 the time...

good luck!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #11014
Aurora's Heart

Sorry it's late, but welcome to all the newbies.

Mermaid- Love your progress so far. I also got the same wig as Furie and I love it. I'll probably make this one into the braid and order another one to have down for my Designer Rapunzel.

Furie- Good luck on Gothel. I'm sure you'll make an awsome villian. It's fun to kinda do something different.

Seifer- Thanks. I'll be in the same boat as you soon as I want to embroider my Punzie as well.

Progress for me: I bought flowers for my hair today. I'll post pics of them tomorrow, but I really lucked out with some good finds. They may not be size accurate but they are 90% color acurate. That's all that matters anyway right. I still need to get some baby's breath and some dark pink flowers, but I found most of them at Michales. I love one stop shopping. Hopefully I can dye the bodice pieces and skirt pieces soon. Everything is cut out and the bodice has been overcast so it just needs to be dyed. I can't wait to start working on this costume.
Unread 03-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #11015
Limeyaku
First-Mate

So I made this tonight!

He's kinda cute, right? I can't wait to paint him!....eventually.

Also bought some aurora borealis crystals to scatter around my Designer Rapunzel corset, and sheer pink ribbon to lace it with. They're super pretty!! I'm so excited to make it!!!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #11016
ChuuMousie
Ooh, Shiny!

Anyone have any clear close ups of the front center of Princess Merida's dress? That and the clasp of her cloak? I cannot find good images for reference.
Sera Myu Super Sailor Moon
Rosario Vampire Kokua seifuku

Legendary Senshi: A Sera Myu tribute group
ChuuMousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #11017
toughtink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuuMousie View Post
Anyone have any clear close ups of the front center of Princess Merida's dress? That and the clasp of her cloak? I cannot find good images for reference.
you could try waiting until the movies actually out. there's just not much out there yet. i'm sure more clips, posters, and other images of her will be released closer to the release date.
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #11018
MermaidPrincess

Thank you so MUCH for all the wig help and pics guys!!!! That wig does look amazing and really promising!!!! I'm either going to buy that one or the caramel blonde 50" one from Epic Cosplay still deciding though hahahaha
MermaidPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #11019
redsheep

My Snow White wig came in today. :3

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...t_20120303.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...20120303_2.jpg

It's not dead on, but I'm pretty happy with it.
redsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #11020
Aurora's Heart

Lime- Pascal!!!! I love it

Redsheep- Nice Snow wig. I personaly don't care that it looks exactly right. It looks just lovely to me.

Here are pics of my flowers for my Rapunzel wig. I did get some pink ones today, but havn't taken a pic of them yet. The yellow ones are much smaller than her's, but I found the perfect yellow with a red/orange center so, I don't really care. Not to mention they were only .99 cents.

Unread 03-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #11021
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Lime- i LOVE your little Pascal.. I really really do.. i wanna huggle him haha!

Redsheep- i like your snow white wig

Aurora- i love the flowers you picked for Punzie!

Cosplay update from me: I managed to get the front panel for Gothel done today and get it all pinned inside out on my mannequin ready to be sewn up before i look for a pattern online for the sleeves. I just wish my camera wouldn't make the dark red so bright and garish! In reality the fabric is 3-4 shades darker than this... I also gotta loosen it a bit i think so i can get it off the mannequin lol also keeping it inside out to make my life easier when it comes to the sewing progress

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 03-04-2012 at 02:39 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #11022
Lotte000

For the person asking for a frontal picture of Merida. Disney posted this in their auditions page. Hope it helps.

Lotte000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #11023
Lotte000

I have a quick question to all the Tinkerbell's our there. How did you guys do your shoe poufs?
Lotte000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #11024
ThePrincessMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte000 View Post
I have a quick question to all the Tinkerbell's our there. How did you guys do your shoe poufs?
You can buy those big poofy things at a craft store...I've found them at Hobby Lobby. Like this:

They sold them bigger than that too!
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #11025
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Has anybody seen the new "Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airline" show at DCA? The stewardess uniforms are authentic. Maybe someone would do this with the bouffant wigs and all...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MinniesFlyGirls2.jpg (116.6 KB, 0 views)