Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 975 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #11041
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- Thanks! I'm soooooooooo finicky with my wigs and keeping them in good condition... for example my Ariel wig is the same wig I've had for about a year now and it's only just starting to get a bit... naff on the ends lol. and yeah their BJDs lol. There are also some on a little chair beside them.. i have like.. 7 of my own, mom owns 3 and I'm babysitting my friends yo-sd as she's my yo-sd's twin sister lol! Also love your progress on Ariel and I love that wig! Im looking for a new wig for my Ariel... i want something a tad shorter than yours and a tad less curly.. XD

MermaidPrincess- thanks! I'm not that keen on the color for my gothel in the photos.. much prefer it in person as its about 3shades darker and more accurate lol if I can be bothered I might sew it up today then I can work on the sleeves

Unread 03-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #11042
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

@Benihime: Here's a full video of the "Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airlines" show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1S9FbUQRXo
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #11043
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: Is the right side still not photographing well? Velvet is one of those fabrics that is either lighter or darker depending on the angle you look at it, but I think that adds for a neat effect to any costume.

@ LKD: I absolutely love your fabric for your bodice and that wig, OMG it's gorgeous! Where did you get it? And thank you!! I am trying to get this skirt finished as soon as I can. And I can understand your cousin having fun with her embroidery, it really is fun. I try to embroider a little everyday if I can.

@ Kiggi: Thank you for posting those! The glowing picture is soooooooo cool!!!

@ Aurora's Heart: I think hand embroidery is really the way to go for a Rapunzel costume. It looks as though Rapunzel embroidered it herself, and she would I bet, she has had enough time to do so. :P It does take a bit of practice to get used to it, but it's really fun once you know what you are doing. If you haven't checked out the site before, the lady on NeedlenThread.com has some great videos showing step by step how to do various embroidery techniques. I learned out to tie a proper knot from her site, so even if you are already experienced in embroidery, I think it's worth a look over. And I am not an expert or anything, but if you have any questions that you can't find and answer for I would love to help.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 03-06-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #11044
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Seifer- I havet actually got round to photographing the velvet side yet as im not going to turn it round the right way round until i've sewn the panels together. But a while a go when I first got the fabric I took a camera phone pic of the fabric and its pretty much spot on color wise, this is it:
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #11045
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: Wow that is lovely! It looks like it's the perfect shade for Gothel.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #11046
Limeyaku
First-Mate

so...
doing what i'm totally NOT supposed to be doing and working on something completely unrelated to what i need to wear this weekend or to the convention after that...

and i painted my pascal!

he's cute. =3

Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #11047
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Limeyaku- omg so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! *gushes* he is soooooooooooo adorable!!!!

Seifer- i know right!!?? But you see now the difference in color shading lol

Soooo seeing disney on ice tonight and going as short haired rapunzel because our spring weather has pretty much gone back to winter weather *le sigh* XD
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #11048
WonderlandAlice

lime: Pascal is soooooo adorable! I want one so bad now!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #11049
Seifer-sama

@ Limeyaku: Your Pascal is adorable!! I love it!!

@ FuriePhoenix: Ha ha yes I do!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #11050
Tonksie

hi all! I'm looking at doing a Merida (Pixar's Brave) cosplay and am trying to decide what color to get for the wig. I'm going to pick up Arda's Glinda wig (http://www.arda-wigs.com/Glinda.html) as a base, and get another wig to cut up and weft in to make it super full. I'm having a hard time picking a color though- Do you think Merida's hair is closer to the Pumpkin:http://www.arda-wigs.com/1002F.html

Or the Dark Copper Red: http://www.arda-wigs.com/015.html

I'm leaning towards pumpkin, but my monitor's colors are almost always wrong. Has anyone used an Arda wig for Merida? What color do you recommend?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...g6cuo1_500.png Reference pic
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #11051
LKD
Is a princess!!

Don't you hate it when you type something and accidently refresh and EVERYTHING IS GONE DX -flips table-

tonksie- pumpkin, I believe my friend used the dark copper for her bobble and it was close to my hair color and thats nothing close to being meridas hair XD

lime- I have a pack of stuffs and I want to make a Sebby =3 Tips?

So because of lack of enough fabric and funds, I was forced to turn my ariel dress into my own take on her dress XD I haven't worked on it much..I've had the dress under my machine halfway through the trim for like since..monday night XD

I worked on my wig yesterday. I couldn't get much of a "cap" since the bangs are so short/the wig is thin on the sides. I'll buy another wig later on for wefts XP I'll just hide the gap on the side with the hair clip =3

It was the first time I steamed a wig too..it was interesting..and fun XD I MIGHT try and restyle it before the con if I have time XP
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #11052
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Kojiro- Thanks! That was a really cute show!

Lime-You Pascal is so adorable! I just love his little expression~

Tonksie- I'm having the same Pumpkin vs. Dark Copper Red dilemma. I want to say pumpkin, but I'm afraid it would be too bright. Dark copper red would be too dark. To give you an idea, this wig is in dark copper red:

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #11053
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

So guys!

I'll be doing Arista from Ariel next Sakura Con (which is a year away)

And I was thinking of making two fins. One for swimming with a mono fin (so it's not 100% accurate but it'll look awesome!), and one for stage/conventions.

But looking at various reference images, her end tail changes length's and thickness! Would it matter if I did just one tail with the monofin?

Anyway... that's about it for me!

Also, Tinkerbell will be started on in late April-May!

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #11054
kiggi

a question about wigs... sooooo i found 1 of my 3 long wigs tangled in a mass... hmm wonder how it got like that *stares at toddler* well anywho, its too tangled at the bottom to comb out, i spent 3 hrs trying. i cut it. i needed a cinderella wig anyhow. (though if i was doing tinkerbell i could have left it tangled and just wound it in a bun, i tested it, it worked!) its still a bit tangled on the end, its now about 1/2 the 160cm it was, and i know i have a bit of length i can still cut off, but my question is, how is the best way to detangle? ive been using spray detangler/conditioner. these are more serious than i have had to deal with on my wig i wear all the time. i figured this wig was pretty much dead so me doing anything to it cant do any harm.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #11055
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

So, my friend and I just decided to do Rapunzel(her) and Flynn(me) from Tangled. I'm currently looking at wigs(we're combining several for her), and planning how to make Pascal and Rapunzel's tiara. I'm also looking at videos with people doing crossplay makeup tutorials. . 3 .

First ever Disney cosplays for us!
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote