Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 979 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #11131
LKD
Is a princess!!

Short post..soo tired Dx

So I went to wondercon as Tink today. Although the first few hours i was just in pjs with wig and wings (and people were still asking for pics...wtf o-0), a few hours in the costume, and then the rest half in costume and half in pjs haha

I met Margaret Kelly today =D although I met her back in uuh 09? The first year of D23, what ever year that was XD Piccu~

Oh forgot to say, toughtink. I slipped today XD so much for warnings huh

Last edited by LKD : 03-17-2012 at 12:32 AM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #11132
Aurora's Heart

LKD- That is so cute and weird at the same time. LOL

Furie- The pics still work. Maybe not exactly what you wanted, but they get the point accross. The last one is so perfect. LOL

Myiuu- Love your progress. I also love the little details you added.

Seifer- Yay!!! *does happy dance with you*

I attatched the cottom batting tubs to my wig today and did a hair test to see if I have enough or if i need to add some wefts. It looks like I have two choices. One, undo the braid I used as the headband thing for the Designer look and get a weft for the braid thing (or forget the braid all together) or Two, I get some wefts and keep my braid. I'm gonna go to Sally's Beauty supply and see what they have as I don't have a lot of spare money at the moment to send for some on line. Plus I want to look at them myself before I make my final decision. I will have to color the cotton batting, but I'm not too worried about that. I have a couple of pics to show my progress so far.

cotton batting tubes

Unread 03-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #11133
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- weirdest but cutest pic ever! lol!

myiuu- loving your merida costume progress! So amazing so far cant wait to see it finished!

Aurora- thanks! liking your progress on your rapunzel wig! Cant wait to see the finished product!

small update from me: My gold trim literally just this minute turned up in the post!! So can work on that tomorrow! yay!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 03-17-2012 at 04:51 AM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #11134
protectorkorii

kiggi- OMG thank you SO much for that tutorial. That's all very helpful. I'm going to try this on a long straight wig I have to see if it'll work how I want for me. If so I have the perfect wig to make this out of. Question : how long was your wig? The one I want is about 20 inches long and I'm not sure if that will be long enough.
(This is the wig: http://wildcatwigs.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=571)

Beni- I understand. I've always wanted to make the Royal Attendant dresses from the Princess Fantasy Faire, but I felt weird about doing it when I've never seen the show.

Furie- The makeup and wig test looks pretty good! I really like the eyemakeup that you did.

myiuu- I love the progress so far! You're putting a lot of detail into it. I really like the textured fabric. I love having textures in my costumes. Also: are you making this from scratch or do you have a pattern that your'e using/altering?

In cosplay news I got really far in my Anastasia (stepsister) costume. I have the sleeves all sewn up, and the bodice is almost done. I just have to add the grommets in the back and sew on the lining. The skirt is all done so I'll attach that easily. My only problem is that i need to buy another yard of fabric to make her second pendlum. ugh. I was trying to be too cheap apparetly.

Also: what do you guys think of using this wig for Flynn/Eric/Prince Charming? For my princess party business I need a guy to play a prince for me, but as I've already spent $700 this year I'm trying to make it as economically as possible. Thoughts? Or does anyone else have a cheaper suggestion for a guy's wig?
http://wildcatwigs.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=570

And... I found this wig for Anastasia which I may or may not buy yet.
http://wildcatwigs.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=55
protectorkorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #11135
myiuu
LadyCakes

Thanks guys, I'm really hoping to get the sleeves done today *fingers crossed*

and finally ordered the wig (but I got in in Ginger)

protectorkorii - I used this pattern
more info --> http://butterick.mccall.com/b4827-pr...hp?page_id=385
but I used a few alterations on it

COSPLAY 2012
Sakura Kinomoto - CardCaptor Sakura Movie
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon
Princess Merida - Brave
myiuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #11136
PsychoLove
Zombie Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
myiuu, looks great!!!

psycholove, sooooooooooooooooo excited to meet you guys too!!!! i dont know if my husband is nearly as excited as i am, or gets it....
They never do! xD

www.moonsquid-illustration.com

Recently Completed:
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Sally
Princess Mononoke: San
Final Fantasy IV: Rydia (2.0)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Hikaru (final armor)

IN PROGRESS:
Final Fantasy IX: General Beatrix
Sailor Moon: Princess Serenity
Twilight Princess: Princess Zelda
Legend Of Zelda: Femme Link
Madoka Magica: Charlotte
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #11137
kiggi

protectorkorii, it's a bit longer than that, but as you can see in the picture I had more than enough hair!! The foam thing really makes the hair look so much fuller, I suppose that is it's point? Glad I could help!!!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #11138
WonderlandAlice

Hi folks! I just put together two videos for my new costumes: "town" Ariel and Tinker Bell. Take a look and let me know what you think! Any feedback would be appreciated. I think my Ariel dress is a couple inches to short...maybe the bodice could also be taken in a little and my Tinker Bell is a couple inches too long which causes bunching around my waist when I sit down. All well. Otherwise I am pleased!

Tinker Bell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqS7M...ature=youtu.be

Ariel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOKuV...ature=youtu.be
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #11139
SilentCAt
Twisted Hi-def Fly girl

Sorry for just popping out the blue, but for the longest time, I have had a random idea if doing Organization XIII Princesses.
Felicia Darkstalkers

----
Upcoming Con- TBA 2013
SilentCAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #11140
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

*RUNS IN*
The last remaining bits for Gothel showed up this morning!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! And just this second my Belle charms turned up! haha! Its a very disney day for me today obviously lol. Just waiting for my friend to arrive at 2pm (in an hour) for our rehearsal afternoon of our mother knows best skit and cosplay day.

*runs off to change out of her Rikku progress and wig that was made in hell co its just... baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad* xp!
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #11141
Poody
All Rise!

I wore my new Peter Pan cosplay to WonderCon! YAAAAAY!!!!

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #11142
Seifer-sama

@ myiuu: Wow!! I love that dress!! It looks so perfect!!

@ LKD: Aww!!! You look so adorable as Tink!!

@ Aurora's Heart: Thanks! *dances with you!* Awesome progress by the way! I am not sure if it's too late, but instead of coloring the batting, just slip a tannish pantyhose over it! That's what I did for the Park Rapunzel commission and it really worked well. It also stopped the hair from getting caught/tangled on the batting. I hope you also find the wefts you were looking for! I would hate for you to have to take out your pretty braid.

@ Poody: Awesome Peter Pan! You have the smile so pegged!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #11143
Pezzidge
Pidge

I am amazed at myself for not having found this thread before. I absolutely ADORE disney cosplay, but have only really done one so far myself. I have a few of Ariel's Magic Kingdom Dresses in progress, but I think my favorite will always be the Drizella and Anastasia dresses I made for my friend and I:

There are two different Anastasia cosplayers there, and I made dresses for both (the differences is in the sleeveband color).

..so what do you think?
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #11144
Lotte000

Here's a picture of my mostly-completed Tinkerbell costume from WonderCon:3 I'll post a better picture when I upload the pics from my camera. It was SUCH a fun costume to wear! <3 Especially when meeting Margaret Kerry... she is SUCH a lovely lady! I can't believe how much she fawned over me (and Peter! :P)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tinkerbell1.JPG (184.8 KB, 0 views)
Lotte000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #11145
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Poody- omg... the real life Peter Pan much!!??? LOVE IT!!!

Lotte- your Tink is sooooo cute!! You have her pout down!!!!! Seriously.. best Tink pout EVER!!

Pezzidge- I love your Anastasia and Drusilla costumes!! You two have the walk and expressions down to a T!! Amazing!!!

Soooo not really cosplay news but my friend who will my Rapunzel came round today for rehearsal for our mother knows best skit.... oh my... we have a long way to go! She kept giggling at me when I was being al serious and evil looking which just cracked me up into giggles... not good! hahaha!