Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1149 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #11281
LKD
Is a princess!!

Top- I did it on my drizella dress. Its really easy to make an uneven hem with it though. Especially if its a circle skirt

Furie- kida has really uneven choppy hair XD you can cut it horribly and itll still be accurate lol

Seifer- will do!!!

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #11282
PetiteAltesse

Back from MTAC Omega. Lots of new pictures in my gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/411883/

Had a blast! So much wonderful feedback. Lots of fellow Disney cosplayers there as well! I even ran into a Clu and Quorra.
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #11283
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

I spoke too soon. About 24 hours after getting my machine repaired, it broke again. I think I'm just going to stick with hand sewing for a while. I have a laugh a little though because the thing that I'm hand sewing is my historical Jasmine. Points for accuracy?

ardhri- Mim looks great! I especially like the wig. As for your next Disney cosplay, just pick a character that you like(which can be tough!). I would like to see more people cosplay villains, so maybe you could do Ursula like you mentioned. She's awesome!

Pezzidge- You are simply adorable as Ariel!

Furie- I second what LKD said. Her hair is choppy, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll want to wear the wig(or model it on someone of similar head size) when you're cutting it so that way you know just how short it will be on you.

Petite- Wow! Rinzler looks wicked cool!

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #11284
Pezzidge
Pidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteAltesse View Post
Back from MTAC Omega. Lots of new pictures in my gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/411883/

Had a blast! So much wonderful feedback. Lots of fellow Disney cosplayers there as well! I even ran into a Clu and Quorra.
Nice! My friends there won Best in Show as Flynn and Rapunzel in their Tangled Ever After wedding outfits.
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #11285
ayaasan

Yay! I officially debuted Merida at about 90% complete. Now I'm off to working on hand-carving the bow with my Dad and wet-molding the leather for the quiver

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3189652/
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #11286
Seifer-sama

@ Nessa: Wait were you wearing Haru at Sakura con??? I think I did see you! From really far away! Wow I wish I had known it was you!! Ha ha! Do you attend Sakura con every year? I was running around as girl Ranma and Dissidia Terra, I'm not sure if you saw me. :P

@ LKD:

@ PetiteAltesse: Wow! Awesome photos! I bet you had a blast!

@ Benihime78: Sorry to hear about your machine. I finally got a new one for Christmas and it seems to be working well. My old one used to break and give me headaches all the time. I hope you are able to get yours fixed, but in the meantime, at least you can hand sew it. And I would give you extra points for accuracy. :P

@ ayaasan: Wow you look amazing!! I love that wig!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #11287
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks guys, so you think going with a long wig and just cutting layers into it is the way to go> I found a good looking wig reasonably cheap on aliexpress.com so I was thinking I can get 2 for the price of one on ebay, so I might get 2 for the thickness then cut the layers into it... think thats a good idea?

Petite- loving your Rinzler!
Unread 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #11288
PetiteAltesse

Thanks again guys!

Now that Rinzler is done my next project is... another new Peter Pan costume! lol My fiancee and I are striving to make very realistic/somewhat scary versions of Hook and Peter in time for the Renaissance Festival here in TN. I'll post progress when we start.
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #11289
jdoe7

I took a trip to joannes to see what they possibly had for fabric for Merida and nothing was to my liking, well except the 26 dollar a yard wool fabric(too expensive and too hot!) I'm at a dead end of what to use, as well as if it's a dark blue or a dark green color(it feels like rapunzel all over again). Does anyone have suggestions on what to use and good sites to order swatches from? I've never done the whole online fabric buying thing. I'm not sure I want to use velvet, but I've seen others talk about using it.

@ayaasan what fabric did you use?
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #11290
nessabutterfly

Seifer-- I have never been before. We just moved to Seattle last spring and moved into our house 3 days before the con-- I was too exhausted to go. This year I was only there for a few hours (3-5:30 pm on Sat.), wandering around the park. I didn't buy a badge because I knew I didn't have the energy to hang around for long. I've only been off chemo 4 weeks and I'm still pitifully weak and fatigued! I plan to get a badge next year. Are you local or do you travel for the con?
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #11291
Aurora's Heart

Blush and bobbins- Love your parasol!!!!!

Beni- Koudos on the hand sewing accuracy points, though.

aayasan-Your Merida looks great and very movie accurate.

Furie- I agree with you. Layers can be tricky to cut but I found a few things that worked well for me when I cut my Cardcaptor Sakura wig. It was the first wig I ever styled and I still use it when I cosplay her.

jdoe- I know what you are going through. This is why I dyed most of my fabric for Rapunzel. Good luck hunting.

So, I slammed the door on my middle finger yesterday and havn't felt like messing with my wig because of it. No major damage to the finger just a cut on one side and a blood blister on the top. Looks more like a bruise but dad says it's a blister. *shrugs* Anyway, didn't feel like messing with detangler and such around an injury so, it's on hold. still trying to figure out what to do about securing the hair to my cotton tubes. I think the glue is the best way, but it freaks me out as I can't screw it up. Oh well, I guess I don't have any other solution right now. I sewed the linning to the bodice and am starting the embroidery on the sleeves. I can probably get the bonning done tomorrow after work and hopefuly dye the lace and add it to the corset. We'll see how ambitious I acctually get.
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #11292
ayaasan

Thanks so much everyone!~

jdoe7: I sooo know how you feel on the colors! I ended up liking the dark green overall, though, since it matches the family tartan best. (It also really makes the auburn hair pop more, too!~) I really don't understand why sooo many people keep using velveteen. To each his own, but I think she'd shy away from that type of fabric and use something more earthy like wool (If her tearing up her tight satin princess dress for archery is any indication XD)

I ended up using a medium-weight poly-cotton suiting. It looks like a light-weight wool, but isn't nearly as hot (or expensive, lol). I also cheated and added the ruffles and puffs separately. (The crinkle linen fabric was actually a lucky find on a remnant table (score!) The cape is actually made from light-weight wool suiting, which I could only afford due to coupons since I needed 4.5 yards *ack*
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #11293
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
I spoke too soon. About 24 hours after getting my machine repaired, it broke again. I think I'm just going to stick with hand sewing for a while. I have a laugh a little though because the thing that I'm hand sewing is my historical Jasmine. Points for accuracy?

ardhri- Mim looks great! I especially like the wig. As for your next Disney cosplay, just pick a character that you like(which can be tough!). I would like to see more people cosplay villains, so maybe you could do Ursula like you mentioned. She's awesome!

Pezzidge- You are simply adorable as Ariel!

Furie- I second what LKD said. Her hair is choppy, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'll want to wear the wig(or model it on someone of similar head size) when you're cutting it so that way you know just how short it will be on you.

Petite- Wow! Rinzler looks wicked cool!
Thanks Benihime! That wig was harder to find than I thought! I live in Canada and was cursing the cosplay gods that Amphigory doesn't ship up here and that was the only place I could find a Scruffy wig. And no other place had a wig even CLOSE. Then I realized cos.com sells Scruffy wigs. *facepalm* They were cheaper than Amphigory was, too.

I'm still debating Ursula since being her would either mean body paint (which is no huge deal, I did Ogre!Fiona a few years ago) and a strapless dress, or finding a body suit in the right shade of purple-grey. Given how much I hate strapless dresses (and how hard my fail was the last time I tried to make one) I might go the body suit route but in that SHADE? I think I'd have better luck finding a Pygmy Puff sitting on my doorstep.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.

Last edited by ardhri : 04-11-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling fail
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #11294
jdoe7

ayaasan thank you so much! That helps a lot! Yeah, I was wanting to go with the wool look too seemed more appropriate to the time period IMO.
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #11295
Seifer-sama

@ PetiteAltesse: Wow that sound interesting! I can't wait to see some progress shots.

@ Nessa: Wow, how convenient. :P I am sorry your body has still not recovered from the chemo. Give it time and you will be back to normal before you know it. As for Seattle, I just make the drive to that con. I actually live at the tippy top of California. I should be there next year though so if you are planning on attending that year maybe we can run into each other.

@ Aurora's Heart: I am so sorry to hear about your finger! Hopefully it heals quickly so you can get back to work. You were moving along so fast, you can't slow down now. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote