Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 872 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #11386
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHatDown View Post
I am Kiggi. Are you going to the photoshoot? Hopefully it will happen an hour before the formal ball on Friday. :3 I'm going to wear Relly to it.
im only going to be there saturday, since that is when ill have babysitting boo, hopefully i still see you around! we will be there all day saturday
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #11387
TopHatDown
wantstomakeallthecosplays

Kiggi, depending on what time the masquerade and all that mess is I might have time to throw on Relly. If not, I will be Chii. :3
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #11388
kiggi

if you don't want to put on cindi it's quite ok! Just say hi if you see me
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #11389
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

Hi everyone! I am working on a Princess Tiana ballgown - the green one from the end of the movie. And it's the second thing I've ever sewn in my life. I'm pretty much crazy :P I'm trying to have it done for A-Kon 23, which is the first weekend in June. It's coming along, as in I have the base dress pretty much done, and am now onto the freehanding part of attacking the pale petals and the green leaves. I'm wondering if I need to sew the petals separately and attach them to the base skirt, then sew the base skirt to the bodice and put the green leaves on top? Also I guess this is more of a math thing, but I'm concerned about having an equal amount of petals going all the way around the dress. And for the leaves, I was thinking of using the skirt panel patterns as a guide so that they are flat at the top and then curve out around the sides/behind? I really don't want them to look like randomly placed leaves around the dress. I've spent two days combing this thread and haven't seen anyone tackle the Tiana dress yet, so I don't know if any of you would be able to help me, but any general tips at all would be an absolute godsend!

Facebook me honeys! Princess Mentality Cosplay

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
bellasignorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #11390
kiggi

bella, i dont have a ton of advise, but good luck! if your skirt was a circle skirt, you could just divide it like a pie and make the petals out of the slices. (mmm pie) i would make the skirt and top separate, but thats me, i like separates. and attach them all in a waist band. and put hook and eyes so they dont shift (on inside of bodice, outside of waist band) refer to face character pics
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #11391
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

Thank you Kiggi <3 it actually can't be a circle skirt because of the nature of the dress - it's so big and poofy that it needs panels to lay flat and not get bunched up all weird. I've definitely been using face character pictures as a guide!

Facebook me honeys! Princess Mentality Cosplay

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
bellasignorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #11392
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Holli- I say go for it! Your Aurora wig is lovely~

Since all my sewing machines are out of commission, I've decided to shift my focus on props and accessories. Earlier today, I found the archery set I used to play with when I was a kid:

Speaking of Brave, my mom agreed to help me with the quiver's details and maybe even be Queen Elinor.

I'm also thinking of working on my Mulan hair comb in the meantime. I already know I'm going to built it off one of those metal jewelry base combs and use sculpey to make the teeth, but only on the side so that I can actually wear it. I was also thinking of making the flower out of clay, but realized I couldn't make all the petal identical. Also decided against foam, so now I'm thinking of making it out of an artificial flower. I'd use some sort of glaze or gesso to make it stiff, add details, and glue it to the comb. Think that will work?
In her hair
Child's comb

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #11393
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

So for those of you on my FB will know all this.. but for those who aren't.. MY VIDIA WINGS ARE FIXED AND NOW WEARABLE!! Oh my... I'm sooooooo relieved!! It's all thanks to Kiggi too!

So.. I've started doing the fastenings on Vidia's top, only to realise.... I only have ONE big popper..... so I have to get another pack so I can put two more in so it fastens properly, then I can cut a |_| shape in the back of the top for the harness to fit under it and hold the wings in place so they looks like the park's costumes.

Mom is being an angel and is going to be making Kida's skirt for me tomorrow to relieve me of anymore stress that costume gives me.... and I'm STILL waiting for Kida's wig to turn up too EEEEEEEEEEP!!!
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #11394
Pasohoss07

Hi everyone! I keep popping up here and there in this thread... sorry about that! Everyone's progress is amazing! You all have inspired me to keep trying to get better.

I'm so excited I will be attending my first con (Fanime) next weekend! I will be wearing my blue Belle dress, like in my Avatar. Yay! I know LKD will be there (so excited to see you!). Anyone else going to that?

So my next costume that I just started last weekend is Fawn! I got my draft version of her top done... but the neck is a little gapey. I have heard I can "pleat" the neckline to fix that? Also... does anyone have any pictures of Fawn's back??? I have no idea how to alter her tank top so the wings can poke through! I've considered just making the back super low so they can poke out of the V-neck in the back... but I know that's not what the park characters do. Any advice?

Thanks!
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #11395
Callesto
C'MON SON

Pasohoss07 - I'll be there! I'm wearing Disney all weekend lol Hopefully I'll see you as Belle!
I'm working on Fawn currently as well, I'm still waiting for my wings to arrive to figure out the back but my current plan is to cut a slit in the back and support it with corset bones for the wing harness to go between. But I guess it depends on how you make your wings, if you're using a u shaped frame or something else. Hopefully some fairy pros here can help us out on what they've done!

D23 Expo 2013: Merida, Disneyland dress w/ cape (Brave); Merida, 2D Version (Brave); Tinkerbell

Callesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #11396
WonderlandAlice

It is not the best picture of Fawn's back but it looks like the same concept as Park's Tink because there is an opening in the back and then a flap that covers the harness bridge between the wings.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyspam/3133768990/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/briberry/3015147828/

In other news, I finally had a photoshoot in my new Alice! I am so happy. I wish I had done this when I was about 10 years younger!
Alice.jpg
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #11397
Pasohoss07

Callesto~ Oh great! It will be so great to meet you! By the way, you make an AMAZING and gorgeous Merida! Will you be wearing her to Fanime? I will be there on Saturday and will keep an eye out for you if I know what you'll be wearing! My wings were made by FancyFairy and have a U-shaped harness attached to them. They are very lightweight. I suppose I could cut out the center-back of my Fawn tank top and create a "fold-over" portion that would cover the cutout portion.... I may have to experiment with that! If you think of anything, let me know, and I will do the same!

WonderlandAlice~ Thanks so much for looking for some pics for me! Very helpful! It's so hard to find a picture of the back of the fairies... sometimes I think they do that on purpose! By the way... your Alice looks PERFECT! You could totally pass for a parks character!

Not sure if these will be useful to any other fairy cosplayers here, but I will post anyway!

A back view of Rosetta's wings:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ourdisneydays/7162658408/

Here's another good one of Rosetta:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneybelle/5763036412/
It almost seems like there are slits for each wing and a center zipper... but I'm not sure what the flap of fabric at the top is covering?

A great one of Tink's wings!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/briberry/3926737982/
It's almost as if the harness is visible... and they just pulled the fabric up and over it from the bottom and made the flap for the top and stuck them together.
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #11398
WonderlandAlice

Paso- Thank you so much for the compliment! Alice is my dream cosplay because I am two inches too tall and about 10 years too late to portray her in the parks.

I have found the best way to see the back or underneath of costumes is to watch videos of the characters on Youtube or search for the character in stage shows or parades. I've found that to be the most helpful.
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #11399
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Wonderland- your Alice costume is soooo cute!!!

Paso- thanks for those images! Though I didnt need them for Vidia (as ive nearly finished it) but it linked me to great ref images for Terrence when I make mom's terrence costume and Tink for my future tink costume!
Unread 05-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #11400
Callesto
C'MON SON

Pasohoss07 - <3 thank you so much! Yep, I'll be wearing her to Fanime on Saturday! I hope we run into each other!
My wings are from the same place! I should be getting them in the mail tomorrow and hopefully I can figure out how to work everything out. I think I decided to put the zipper for my top on the side and then I'll have the full back to work with. Did yours come with straps? Also thanks for the super helpful pictures!!

D23 Expo 2013: Merida, Disneyland dress w/ cape (Brave); Merida, 2D Version (Brave); Tinkerbell

Callesto is offline   Reply With Quote