Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 641 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #11401
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

Here's the first look at the Princess Merida at Disney theme parks. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg princess-merida.jpg (164.5 KB, 0 views)

Unread 05-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #11402
Pasohoss07

Callesto~ Awesome! I will keep an eye out for you next Saturday and can't wait to see your Merida in person! I will be with my BFF who will either be Rapunzel or Briar Rose. We will also be meeting LKD there! We'll be doing the Disney gathering so we should run into each other! I need to spruce up my Belle wig... it's been in the closet since Halloween!
What style wings did you get? I was going to get the "Tink" style but ended up getting the "Lizette" style wings with silver veins and an orange/yellow gradient for Fawn I love them and can't wait to wear them this October! They did come with straps that you could tie onto your harness yourself if you wanted... they are just two pieces of clear elastic. And that's a great idea to have a zipper on the side which would make it a lot easier to accomodate the wings.
Unread 05-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #11403
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kojiro- I really the park's Merida! Have you seen the videos that are up of her in epcot and in her new home in magic kingdom??
Unread 05-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #11404
LKD
Is a princess!!

Aaw I can't do the Disney gathering my appointment for the masquerade is at 11 am and I have to be in the full costume I'm entering so I doubt ill be in and out in time to change for the Disney gathering I don't think ill ne taking anything Disney ><
Unread 05-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #11405
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

Tiana is still coming along...I hope to have her at least at 75% by the end of the weekend!

Facebook me honeys! Princess Mentality Cosplay

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
bellasignorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #11406
myiuu
LadyCakes

Finished Merida's Quiver! =D

COSPLAY 2012
Sakura Kinomoto - CardCaptor Sakura Movie
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon
Princess Merida - Brave
myiuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #11407
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

@FuriePhoenix: Yes. Yes I have. Her Scottish brogue may I add is spot on, too.
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #11408
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

myiuu- love that quiver!!!!

Kojiro- scottish brogue?? I'm guessing you mean accent? If you do mean accent then its actually more Irish than Scottish lol its a weird mixture of both accents - but one actor is better than the other actors who play her.. so i guess it depends on who you mean lol.
Unread 05-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #11409
Callesto
C'MON SON

Pasohoss07 - yay awesome! I'll be at the Disney gathering too so that's probably where we'll run into each other! Do you know where it's going to be at btw? The thread says '1FCC RS' but I can't even begin to interpret what that means lol. Usually most are just right out front and they mention which hotel side it's going to be on but now I'm just confused lol
I got the 'Tink' style! They're a bit smaller than I'd like but since I fly to most conventions I figured it would just be better! Plus I really like the swirls, I just got clear & silver since I may want to make Vidia and Tinkerbell's costumes later on! I'll be working on how to attach them to my top tonight, right now the plan is to make a pouch that the 'u' frame can slip into and then sew that to the inside of my top with a flap to cover everything on the outside. If it works out I'll come back with pictures! (:

D23 Expo 2013: Merida, Disneyland dress w/ cape (Brave); Merida, 2D Version (Brave); Tinkerbell

Callesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #11410
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

Tiana progres pics, she's about at 80% right nwo with two weeks to go before my con! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...l=058 1bfa170
This is literally the first thing I've ever sewn completely by myself (I've made maybe one skirt before, lol) so any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated! I'm just in shock I've been able to get her this far!

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #11411
Seifer-sama

I am so bad... I haven't been here for too long.

@ kojirojames2004: Wow the park Merida is soooooo cute!! I love the fabric they used for that dress and her hair is awesome.

@ myiuu: I just love your progress so far. I am so looking forward to seeing your costume completed.

Cosplay Update: I just finished the second to last panel on my Rapunzel skirt. I am going to start the last panel pretty soon here (probably after Fanime). It's amazing to think this embroidery has taken me almost a year... It's kind of a sad though too. Ha ha! I think what I will work on next will be the bodice sleeves since there is a tiny bit of embroidery on them too.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #11412
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Bella- im loving your Tiana progress!! So so pretty!!!

Seifer- looking forward to seeing your Rapunzel.

No cosplay update from me...expo is at the weekend and I STILL havent received my Kida wig! I'm really bricking it now!! Though I've decided to take Meg with me as a backup if I can't wear Kida. Though I'll be annoyed beyond belief if I cant wear Kida after all the work and money I've spent to get her outfit finished in time.

Danny DeVito will be at expo on the sunday though, so depending on when he's signing (only for a limited time apparently) I'll briefly wear Meg on the sunday to meet Phil himself lol.
Unread 05-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #11413
LKD
Is a princess!!

Bella- your Tia looks amazing!! It fits you so well. Usually her dress is very unflattering due to the leaves x3
Are you going to line the leaves? X3 it'll make it look much smoother than hemming it. Don't forget to press the leaves also makes it cleaner and less bulky. I caant wait to see it done!
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #11414
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

LKD - Thank you! Yes, the plan tonight is to line - and press! - the leaves. I also need to hem the base skirt and add green to the side and back of the bodice. Then she'll be just about done, save for making her tiara and rit dyeing some bridal gloves to match the dress :3
FuriePheonix - Thank you! Which company did you buy your Kida wig from?

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #11415
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

MY KIDA WIG TURNED UP!!!!!! *yes i did literally scream for joy when i saw it in the kitchen with a note from my mom loool* but my god is it thin!!!?? So much thinner than it seemed on the seller's image!!! But I dont have time to complain so I gotta deal with it. It is nice though... but due to its thinness I cant cut the back layers into it... which will annoy me but meh!

BEFORE:

AFTER WIP: (Just gotta get mom to trim about 5inches (about the height of my bum lmao) off the bottom so it doesn't cover the skirt detailing) Covered face because of stress my skin has gone crap!

Bella- I got my wig from this seller... http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/fzlove*201...84.m1497.l2754

Oh yeah... heres a quick pic of my Vidia WIP.. with and without the extra panel put in the back... just gotta sew the two panels in place now really