Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #11431
LKD
Is a princess!!

Faraday- I can't wait to see it!!! Lol I'm on the car ride over there x3 we must meet sometime.this weekend :x

Unread 05-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #11432
Pasohoss07

Faraday~ It was great to finally meet you in person today and actually hang out! I had a great time at Fanime and am looking forward to pics of your Punzie!

Callisto~ I'm so excited I got to meet you briefly today and see your Merida in person! You were beautiful!

LKD~ Happy we got to see you at least for a minute! Your costume was so cute! Hope you have fun tomorrow I am SO excited to see you again at DL in October for fairy time!!

Hopefully I will upload some pics from Fanime really soon!
Unread 05-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #11433
Chize0

Furie~ Thank you so much for your advice before on my Ariel costume! I'm working on making the shirt with the bishop's sleeve this weekend. Do you recommend any particular patterns for this top that you've used in the past? If not, i always enjoy learning new things : ]
Kiss the Girl! Ariel [The Little Mermaid] 100%

Conventions
A-Kon [June 2012]
Chize0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #11434
Aurora's Heart

Been lurking a lot longer than I intended. LOL

Bella- Love your Tiana. It's comming along nicely.

Seifer- Yay for almost beeing done embroidering.

Beni- The comb looks great.

Furie- Glad you got all your costumes done. Can't wait to see pics.

I havn't been working on anything other than the embroidery on my Rapunzel. It's slow going as motivation has been lacking. It also doesn't help that we may have to move this summer (not that I want to at all) and was told that my costume dreams for the anime con in sep. are too expensive. Trying to get back into the grove, but it's hard after wasting an entire month. *sigh*
Unread 05-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #11435
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chize0 View Post
Furie~ Thank you so much for your advice before on my Ariel costume! I'm working on making the shirt with the bishop's sleeve this weekend. Do you recommend any particular patterns for this top that you've used in the past? If not, i always enjoy learning new things : ]
For her top I just bought a base simple cheap white long sleeved top a couple of sizes bigger than I usually take, took the sleeves out and made my own. I used the cuffs of the original sleeves onto my new sleeves.

COSPLAY PICCIES FROM EXPO!! Our Disney group was HUUUUGE on the Saturday and I forgot to get the camera off mom for the Sunday group haha. I'm particularly fond of my Vidia photos and one particular Kida photo:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1256133&type=1
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #11436
Pezzidge
Pidge

Awww, Furie - the link is set to private, and I cannot view it.

On another note, finished fixing up Drizella, hoping to get the materials to finish Ariel's Celebrate Dreams Come True dress, AND started on Prince Edward today!

Edit:

This is her parade dress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneyb...-33897759@N07/

And this is my most recent picture of my progress: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...4992 11_n.jpg

I have made much more progress, but haven't taken any pictures. Really, that picture just shows off the petals which have just been pinned on the dress form over petticoats to a different dress. I am going to properly pleat the top of the skirt to make a neater ruffle, but it gives the basic idea.
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Last edited by Pezzidge : 05-28-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #11437
Chize0

Furie~ Thanks! Yea I think I'm gonna go to the discount store and see if I can find a blouse that will work or that I can alter. I finished re-hemming the skirt today and I'm gonna start styling the wig tomorrow.

Also, I decided to make a mermaid version for A-Kon this weekend : ] I'm gonna make a long pencil skirt out of dancewear fabric then add some shiny fabric to the bottom to look like the fins. the fabric: http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...21843529_n.jpg

i'm aiming towards something like traci hine's ariel http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploa...el.jpg?ggnoads

shells are gonna be out of model magic and painted and attached to an old bra. i'm really excited about this lol. i'll post pics as I make progress : ]
Kiss the Girl! Ariel [The Little Mermaid] 100%

Conventions
A-Kon [June 2012]
Chize0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #11438
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Aurora- Thank you~

Pezzidge- Eeeee! It makes me so excited to see that someone is going to cosplay that dress.

Still stuck on the Merida fabric. I found some navy blue linen, but it has a purple tinge to it rather than a green. Are any of you future Meridas having the same problem? I'm thinking of getting it anyways and soaking it in green dye to offset the color, but am unsure.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #11439
Pezzidge
Pidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Aurora- Thank you~

Pezzidge- Eeeee! It makes me so excited to see that someone is going to cosplay that dress.

It's so ridiculous, how could I not? xD
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #11440
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Aurora- Thank you~

Still stuck on the Merida fabric. I found some navy blue linen, but it has a purple tinge to it rather than a green. Are any of you future Meridas having the same problem? I'm thinking of getting it anyways and soaking it in green dye to offset the color, but am unsure.
I went for a dark teal linen for my Merida dress. It matches almost every reference I have of her thus far. I've used the navy with the purple tint you mentioned for another gown. In natural light, it tends to look really purple, so you'd probably want to avoid it.
Unread 05-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #11441
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Pezz- the album is set to public now... I uploaded the whole album through iphoto clicking on public but for some reason FB switches it to private sometimes lmao!!
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #11442
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hieeee, ladies!! Oh, how I have missed you all! ^.^ School has kept me from you for so long, but now I'm back in action with my Disney cosplays! Well, technically, I'm currently working on a Non-Disney costume:

Thumbelina! (Sorry for the filthy mirror and poor image quality!) It is coming along quite nicely, though I still have to do the "hard parts" like hemming the skirt (by hand!) and adding the closure to the back of the waist-cincher. Whee! I started to work on the blouse today but I've run into a few snags. I'm using a 2-way stretch knit fabric (Weird fabric choice, I know, but I like the drape and texture and it was already in my stash) and I can't sew it! I have been able to fudge my way through sewing stretchy fabrics before without doing anything "special", but this stuff just isn't cooperating! Does anyone have any tips? It's no big deal if I have to get different fabric, I just wanted to use up what I already have.

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 05-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #11443
bellasignorina
Certified Badass

Aurora - thank you so much! I've NEVER sewn before, and I'm not sure how I managed to make it work but I did!

TIANA IS FINISHED! Just in time for A-Kon this weekend I think between now and SDCC I'm going to add more petals to the skirt, but it's definitely good for now. I'm so excited to wear her <3

@Chize0 if you're going to be at A-Kon this weekend, you should come to the Disney shoot Friday at 1:30 I won't be there for long because I have a private shoot at 2, but I will be there as Tiana!

Facebook me honeys! Princess Mentality Cosplay

2013 Cons

Project A-Kon
San Diego Comic Con
Glitch Con
Dragon*Con
New York Comic Con
bellasignorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #11444
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Chize0- I've been absent from this thread for a while and I'm not sure how much advice people have offered you, but I'll try to help, too! As for the wig, to prevent tangling, douse it in Motions Oil Spray, which can be found at Walmart in the shampoo & hairspray aisle. Just spray it all over the wig and let it dry before you begin styling. Bangs-wise, tease those babies up! Don't be afraid to attack the wig with hairspray, either; Ariel's bangs need a lot of working-through to get them to stand up. I would also recommend putting some loose curls back into the wig to give it body. Adding a new shirt with poofy sleeves and a bigger bow would help, too! Also, pull part of the hair back into a sort of half up/half down style like it is in the movie.

My all-time favorite Ariel cosplayer is Traci Hines- she does a wonderful job with it. Here is her Kiss the Girl Ariel costume and here is a great makeup tutorial that she made that shows a similar look to what she wears when she cosplays. The key to costume makeup is that you wear a LOT. You might feel like a hooker with so much makeup, but it really is necessary to wear a lot. Otherwise, your wig overpowers and washes out your face!

I hope that helped!
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #11445
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Chize- I second all of what Suzie said and for the shells, be sure to cover them in several layers of something like gesso for durability.

Pezzidge- For real! For some reason, I can't help but love that dress.

Elycium- Thanks a bunch! Do you remember the exact name of the color that you used? When I went today, I saw a color called "deep lake", so I'm wondering if that could work.

Suzie- What exactly is the problem(like curling or sliding)? I know when I work with stretch fabrics, I've had to use lots of pins, a needle for knit fabrics, and a zigzag or overlock stitch. If the fabric is slipping, I think there is some sort of material you can iron between the layers and tear out when you're done. Thumbelina looks great btw~

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote