Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 179 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #11446
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Beni- The stitches aren't catching in the material! I'm not using a special needle, which is probably the problem, but I've gotten by with regular needles before so I figured it would work on this.

Unread 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #11447
Elycium
likes fancy things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post

Elycium- Thanks a bunch! Do you remember the exact name of the color that you used? When I went today, I saw a color called "deep lake", so I'm wondering if that could work.
that's probably the right colour. I didn't buy out the whole bolt last time I went, so I don't have it offhand to check, lol. From what I can tell from my computer monitor, though, it looks pretty darn close to what I have.

My Tumblr of Fandom and Cosplay
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #11448
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Me again! haha I took a trip to Walmart to visit my local store's revamped craft department- they actually have a decent apparel and special occasion fabric selection now! I was so surprised! They could use a wider range of colors, but what they have so far is fantastic! I picked up some sunny yellow shantung for Snow White's skirt and some turquoise dull satin for KTG Ariel's skirt and bow. I also got lining fabric for Thumbelina's blouse and some interfacing for SW's bodice. I should be set for a while as far as fabric goes! And I have supplies for nearly finishing 3 or 4 costumes, so I'll be busy!
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #11449
MalteseLizzie

I'm new to this thread, so hello everyone
I was never into Disney Princesses when I was younger (bit of a tom boy) but I watched Tangled about a year ago and fell in love with the character of Rapunzel. So I'm doing her dress I've got some pictures of the bodice construction on my account, and on my blog http://ribcrunchersewscandalous.blog...el-bodice.html

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #11450
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Suzie- Yeah, definitely try one of the needles for knit fabrics if that's the case.

Elycium- Thanks again for your help! After looking at the color next to a reference image, I think it may very well be the right one.

Maltese- Welcome to the thread!

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #11451
kiggi

maltese welcome!! for the sleeves if you dont want to bother with organza, because it is a pain generally, use little girl pink tights. cut straight up the crotch seam and cut off the toes, and you have yourself some lovely sleeves just add lace. looking good so far!!

suzie, knit needle for sure, and maybe you need to stabilize it with water soul. stabilizer because it may be sinking in the strike plate.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #11452
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Hey guys! It's been awhile (I've missed you guys!!) I was going through the pages and saw all the photos and stuff! Everyone's things are looking awesome. I wish I was working on something Disney right now.

I did make a Belle inspired dress (those of you on my face book have seen it already but I wanted to share it here too)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5641711&type=3

I'm REALLY happy how it came out and will probably bring it for a more casual costume. OH! I also did a photoshoot in my yellow ballgown on Sunday so I'm just waiting for my friend to send the pictures to me.

Also, I went to Disney World yesterday (birthday trip yay!) and got to meet Marida!!! I was really surprised because I didn't expect her to be at WDW yet. She's taken Rapunzel's spot (Rapunzel moved to Town Square or something). But the face character was really sweet and kept up the accent and everything. It was just amazing. And her dress was GORGOUS! But it was most definitely Velvet (and being in the humid heat...ugh)

I wish I had a better picture but here's the one I got with her https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5641711&type=3

oh yeah I got myself a present too. Some of the Build A Bears in Orlando have Disney outfits (only place I've seen them anyways). Well I got one and it's the dog. His name is Rowen and he's a Peter Pan Puppy xD https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5641711&type=3

That's all I got right now. I have decided what costume I'm doing for the Disney gathering I run at Megacon next year. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5641711&type=3

I'm doing this Cindy parks dress & Tyler is going to be doing the Prince Charming that goes with it (this is the same one as the Dream Along With Mickey stage show) I just want to figure out the petticoat. Because it's not like a hoop skirt. Anyone know where I can get good pics of like the park princesses spinning?

Also sorry for the huge post. Its been awhile xD
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #11453
Chize0

yall are amazing! thank you for the advice : ]

I made the shells out of model magic, but they were way too small. tried again but this time the model magic clay was too thin and broke. I bought a sleeveless bathing suit top and I think I'm going to use fabric with SUPER THICK interfacing and make more animated-style shells and sew them onto the top, then paint with acrylic and add pearls as deco for the sides. I have to have it done by friday, and I think I might just wait until another con so that I can give it the detail it deserves : /

suzie~ ariel hair is tough! i've been going at this wig for over an hour and it still doesn't have the right height lol. i'm about to go at it with some hot rollers and add some volume back into it. idk how traci hines does this to her real hair every day lol. i also bought some new makeup to complete the suggested pinup girl look (i've totally watched that traci makeup video like 20+ times lol). the shirt will have to wait until next time sadly, i didn't have any luck at the store and I don't have enough time : [ i made a SUPER cute bow though http://i.imgur.com/cCbW3.jpg using this tutorial: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=115227.

cosplay is hard : [
Kiss the Girl! Ariel [The Little Mermaid] 100%

Conventions
A-Kon [June 2012]
Chize0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #11454
MalteseLizzie

Kiggi: That's a good idea, but since I've already got some lilac chiffon I'm going to try them and see what they look like (though I wish I'd thought of tights-would have been so simple to do)

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #11455
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Now I'm finished with my costumes for Expo, I don't know which disney costume to make next!

My options are Disney on Ice version of Belle's town or Tinkerbell. If I went with Tink, I have green fabric here at home already.. its pretty dark green as its left over fabric from my Ariel... so I'm a bit 50/50 with whether to use it, I already have the show pom poms at home, have the shoes and have a blonde wig I can use for her, also have the wings thanks to my Vidia costume loooool.

For Belle I only have the white top from my town dress Ariel that I would edit for her...

ORRRRR it's Ariel's seafoam dress (the one form the film not the parks) which I'm thinking of doing for MNSHP in October so yeah not sure which to do next! Any ideas people?

I have bought a new Ariel wig too finally to go with my new Ariel costume for LFCC that's being commissioned... hasn't been started yet (said he'd email me when he does) but hoping he'll get it done in time, he's a speedy worker and has got me a hoop skirt and the fabric a while ago.
Unread 05-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #11456
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie - that's ALOT of options. I read it like "Okay I'll help you pick!" then read it and probably feel like you do. Lol I would say since you have most of it already do Tink. Though the seafoam dress that ariel wears? In the movie? For some reason I can't remember that one. Do you have a picture of it?

This forum is bad for my wallet. I'm really wanting to do a 5th costume for Dragon. Something Disney related. But I don't know what! It would need to be something relatively easy to make (no Ballgowns or anything)

Any suggestions?

This is the most current picture of me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...73863165_n.jpg
Unread 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #11457
BriarRose88

Sasha: From what I can tell the petticoats for the castle show princesses are all the same. I really wanna do Aurora's.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...type=3&theater

http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneybelle/5774173318/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58869418@N08/6318892247/

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3498/4...7f1_z.jpg?zz=1

Last edited by BriarRose88 : 05-31-2012 at 02:27 PM.
BriarRose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #11458
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose88 View Post
So it looks like it's just A LOT of layers and A LOT of fabric. With either pleating or bunching at the top. Gosh I wish I knew someone that worked there that has seen these first hand T_T

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
Unread 05-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #11459
kiggi

maltese: I only know that because I did it for mine I was contemplating the costume and happen to be at a wedding and I was helping my niece put on her tights... AND they don't fray, and stretch with you so they are comfy good luck w/ the chiffon!

furie: tink!!

sasha: I feel like I see those pics all over tumblr! Usually cinderella... Umm I wanna say the person who posts them is something like seauxhighclass I think he's friends with a friend of cinderella?
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #11460
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

I have some free time so i'm going back and reading stuff that's been posted since after Feb. So some of these might be a little old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
Thanks for the tips guys!

Unfortunately I am too lazy to go out today and when I brought my last purchase home from Jo-Anns it was a terrifying experience at the border. Apparently 'craft goods' sounds sketchy. Just, fyi.

So I took to my kitchen sink today and half a tin of regular red dye and a bottle of acrylic paint later ( don't ask, just call it 'resourceful' >_> ), I got this!

This is totally NOT the cosplay I'm supposed to be working on today but... I just know I can get it done so fast if I do. XD
You know....I never thought of using red dye....i went straight for pink when I dyed my fabric for this same costume and it came out REALLY light T_T I might go redye it xD It looks great!!

tehkukikookie - For Kida, I've always seen her hair as a white, not silver

ChuuMousie - If you google it you might get some good pics now, since the release is so close at hand

RedSheep - adorable snow wig! And you have the perfect face for her!!

Lime - your pascal turned out ADORABLE!!!

Kiggi - I'd say look around for tutorials. I think I've seen a few that use laundry detergent or something like that.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart