Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #11476
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey, ladies! Everyone's stuff looks fabulous! I'm loving all the Meridas! I SO cannot wait for that movie! I'm going to have to get my hands on a tiara!

As for my progress, I have been working a little on Thumbelina- I started over on the blouse with new fabric. The next steps with that are to make the lining and draft the sleeves, which I have a plan for; I'm going to attempt a Disney Parks "Cinderella sleeve." Wish me luck! I haven't made much progress lately, as Thurs/Fri was spent at U of L for my Orientation! 8D And I spent most of today playing Paper Mario. I worked a little bit on Snow White, too- I cut the rest of the bodice pieces out and fused interfacing to them. Whee!

Maltese- I really love how your Punzie bodice is looking! Such neat sewing! I love the structure of the pattern, as well- I'll have to check out Burda's patterns!

Unread 06-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #11477
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Cant believe I didnt think of this before, but i remembered I promised my friend that at an event the first weekend of October I'd do Flynn to go with her Punzie... only question is... how the heck do I his doublet!?? I've never used fake leather before and to be honest I dont wanna fork out the funds for it then to risk doing it wrong lol.
So can anyone help or know who I could possibly commission for it at a very reasonable price? Also got any tips for the facial hair?

The only thing I have for this cosplay is a wanted poster that my friend made me! He totally has skills!
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #11478
kiggi

i used faux suede it was SOOO easy to sew. i used simplicity 4095 and modified it a little, it has pants pattern there too, but this is for a guy... good luck!!! no suggestions on facial hair, my dh just grew his (as much as he could)

my cinderella is making me mad. it just wants to be as difficult as humanly possible for no good reason. nothing i cant handle, i think it has the attitude of my toddler. sometimes lovely, other times a pain. this will pass.

in other news, i am going to my first con on sat!!! i am so excited!! (though i have yet to brush my rapunzel wig out) though, i may be sans flynn if they make my dh work... though he requested off a month ago...
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #11479
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Furie, they still have got the nose wrong!
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #11480
MalteseLizzie

I need some advice on my Sally (Nightmare before Christmas) costume
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/407739/
First of all, is it too clean? Should I make it look dirtier?
Secondly, the wig. I'm not happy wig it. I'm thinking of cutting up the old wig, making wefts out of lengths of wool (yarn) and sewing them on, to get a more accurate look. Any thoughts?

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 04:33 AM   #11481
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kojiro- looool yeah he purposely did the nose wrong from the first scene you see Flynn in the forest. So I could do the whole "they just cant get my nose right!?" facial expressions in photos etc. I think he said he was going to do me another one with the nose right or something. lol.

Kiggi- is faux suede expensive? I have to do this costume on such a budget due to still paying off our disneyworld trip.

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 06-05-2012 at 04:48 AM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #11482
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Maltese- I think your Sally looks pretty good so far! Since your colors appear to be pastel, I think the dress could use a bit of dyeing to help darken it up a bit. As for the wig, Sally doesn't really have dreads, so it's a bit out of character for her. Really, she has yarn for hair, so you're heading in the right direction with wool! I myself used wool yarn and made my wig entirely from scratch. Basically, I knit a cap (a storebought beanie works just as well!) and tied looooong strands of yarn to it. I didn't want little ends sticking up, so I cut my yarn twice the length that I wanted the wig to be, then tied them to the hat via slipknots at the middle of the strands. To create the part in the middle, I just knotted (two half-knots) in a straight line and let one half of the strand hang to one side and the other half to the other side.

There's me as Sally last Halloween!

In my cosplay-world, nothing is new. lol I haven't had a chance to work on much lately, but I hope to get back on track tomorrow! I just got a new laptop, so I have been working on transferring all my stuff from my PC to it! I also recently started playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and it has been eating my life! XD I might have some time to sit and work on Thumbelina's sleeves tonight- I know how I want to do them, it's just a matter of making my method work! I'll definitely post info if I get it to work properly.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #11483
kiggi

furie, mine was like $5 a yard or less and i got 3 yds... more than enough. look in home decorator fabrics too, they have similar fabric.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #11484
MalteseLizzie

Wow Suzie Blue: love the costume! Thanks for the tip about the wig. I was thinking of chopping the hair off a wig and using the wig cap, but using a beanie might be even simpler. Thanks again

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #11485
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- thanks for the info!

Soooooo I was watching The Little Mermaid again yesterday and have been REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY urging to do another mermaid Ariel costume lmao! I thought my urge for that would have passed today, but then I saw the most perfect fabric thats metallic and shiny and stretchy for her to make an inspired disney parks version (thats i've dying to make) on ebay.... only problem? With the postage it's £9 for ONE metre (thats all i'd need im lucky like that) and I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY!!! *cries* So it has to be on hold for now (in my watch list) though I did ask for a sample to be posted out to see if its as nice as it is online. I've never fallen in love with the look of a fabric in all my life like I did this morning with this lycra lol. So so pretty! Wish I had the money... I wanna be a mermaid again!! I actually miss being Ariel! This is the fabric:

Talking of Ariel!! My commissioner has got back to me!! He's doing the patterns for my park gown today! (as he put it in my email about an hour ago: "I'm making the pattern for the bodice now") EEEEEEE!!!!! He has put me at assurance too that it will be done in time for LFCC which is the 7th and 8th July! So I don't have to panic now haha! I'm so excited about being Ariel again its almost killing me!!

Sorry for the excited post guys... I'm just so eager to cosplay my fav mermaid again after really panicking inside that it wouldn't be done in time (I suffer from anxiety so every little thing that revolves around a time frame I get worried about when time starts getting short)

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 06-06-2012 at 10:32 AM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #11486
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: Good luck with your Flynn! That sounds like a pretty fun costume to wear. As for the Ariel fabric, that looks lovely! I hope it's even more lovely in person! I have been there where I have found something I loved and didn't have the money for it, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long before you are able to purchase it. make sure you post pictures when you do start working on it!!

@ Suzie Blue: I know I have said it before, but I just love your Sally. That wig is so impressive, as are the other pieces! It just blows me away how amazing you look!

Nothing costume related for me to report. It's been pretty busy and it's just the beginning of the month, but I hope for the chance to get back to my embroidery. Yays! Last panel!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #11487
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Maltese- Thanks! I still need to have a proper shoot. I recommend the beanie idea, that way you can pull the yarn right through the fabric and tie it.

Seifer- Thanks! Again, I need better pictures! I hope to do my real shoot sometime this summer when I have the time.

Well, I tried doing Thumbelina's sleeves, and I'm pretty sure my method will work, I just have to attack it from a different angle. I hope to have something to show tomorrow! Oh yeah! I also bought some clay today. It's Crayola Air-Dry Clay. It's probably not the best clay ever, but it was cheap and seemed pretty nice! I sculpted 2 of Thumbelina's 5- hair flowers and am waiting for them to dry. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 06-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #11488
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Seifer- thanks! I think I'll need the luck with it!!

So... you know I said yesterday about that fabric for Ariel? Well... my friend gave me the money for it! I so cant wait to be able to pay him back with an photo op with his fav actress next month! So yeah.. I GOT THAT PURDY PURDY FABRIC!!! Now to casually lok for fabric for the fluke parts of her tails!
Unread 06-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #11489
Seifer-sama

@ Suzie Blue: I would think finding places to do a shoot for Sally would be tough, so I wish you lots of luck! Aww you are making a Thumbelina!! That's awesome! I hope that clay works out for you too!!

@ FuriePhoenix: Hey that's awesome!!! How exciting. make sure you take progress pictures once you get started!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #11490
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- It is hard! I know what I want to do, it's just a matter of finding the right place! & I sure am making Thumbelina! There is a progress picture a page or two back.

Furie- I'm glad you got your fabric!

Well, I got around to doing SOMETHING today! I restyled my Rose/Aurora wig:

I have cosplay ADD so bad. lol

I also made 2 more of Thumbelina's hair flowers. That clay is actually pretty nice! It's working well so far. You just HAVE to use water to join separate pieces together- my first two flowers fell apart because I tried to skip this step. lol

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 06-07-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote