Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1102 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #11491
Seifer-sama

@ Suzie Blue: I think that's always the difficult part of photoshoots. I see a lot of wonderful places other people shoot at and then think "I don't have anything like that near me! " I am sure you will find the right place though. Not to be morbid, but a nice graveyard in the fall would be pretty appropriate. I also went back and peeked at your Thumbelina progress, that looks great so far!! And I love your Aurora wig, the curls are so lovely!!

EDIT: I finally have a shot of the embroidery I have done for my Rapunzel skirt!! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
This is just the right half. The two middle panels in the front and back aren't shown because I am working on them. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 06-09-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #11492
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

SuzieBlue- I love your newly styled Aurora wig! It looks so volumised in the bangs and those curls are soooo neat!
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #11493
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- GOOD GOD, WOMAN. Your embroidery is so damn perfect! O.O HOW?!?! I know you got a lot of practice with TP Zelda, but that was perfect, too! You have mad skillz. But yes, the location part is tough! But I love the graveyard idea...

Furie- Thanks! The bangs are definitely much poofier! The curls were already in the wig, though, so I can't take credit for them!

No cosplay news today- I spent all day with my boyfriend, so no progress for me! haha!
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #11494
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Seifer- HOLY CRAP!!!! THAT EMBROIDERY IS FLIPPING AMAZING!!! Sooooooo perfect!!!!

Sooooo I got my lycra in the post today.... only to find THEY SENT THE WRONG THE BLOOMING COLOR!!!! They sent me ROYAL BLUE instead of the greeny turquoise! I emailed them and complained straight away this morning.. so hoping by Monday I will have heard back from them.
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #11495
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Seifer - good lord that embroidery is GODLY! X.x

Also I should have thought to post this here sooner but on ABC Family they're showing Finding Nemo and they're going to have an exclusive first look at Brave. and it's starting in 11 minutes (7:30pm EST)

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #11496
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Furie- Oh, man, that stinks! I hope they work it out quickly and without hassle!

Seifer- Seriously, you are a hand-embroidering goddess!! I don't know how you do it so wonderfully. Did you teach yourself?

Sasha- If only I had ABC Family!

Speaking of Brave, I saw SO much Brave/Merida merchandise at Walmart today! DOES WANT.
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #11497
Seifer-sama

@ Suzie Blue: I was just thinking the grey tombstones and the fall leaf colors would look lovely with Sally's blue skin. It's pretty fitting to anyone from Halloween town though. Do you know of any scary abandoned wood houses? As for embroidery, aww thank you so much. I am self taught, I basically just did a ton of research online and then started practicing. TP Zelda's bodice was a great practice run actually. I am pretty picky about my embroidery though so I have torn apart and redone quite a number of symbols too. :P

@ FuriePhoenix: Thank you so much! Sorry to hear about your fabric, hopefully they send you the right color very soon. Yeesh, I hate it when that happens. Especially when it's something you are really looking forward to.

@ Lady Sasha: Thank you!! It doesn't look godly when you see the inside. :P Thanks for the heads up on Brave! I wish I could watch it, but I don't have TV. Maybe someone will post it on Youtube. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #11498
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Eh it was kind of a disappointment. Its just her waking up, grabbing her bow, getting on her horse and shooting some targets hanging from trees and stuff. It was cool but too short and not worth all the advertising I've seen today.

So you didn't miss much LOL

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart
Unread 06-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #11499
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- I agree! I love the wooden house idea! There are plenty in my area, though I assume the property is still private, so I'll have to look into that. You have major talent with embroidery, though! I wish I could be half as skilled as you are. T.T

Sasha- I see! haha I hate when they do stuff like that.

So I am thoroughly stuck on Thumbelina's sleeves. I have been trying to avoid any sort of stuffing, but it seems like that's the only way to achieve her weird sleeves. :/ I tried doing a sort of Park Cinderella sleeve, but my method didn't work out so well. I just really don't want to deal with the stuffing thing! I would actually do something more along the lines of a "Sailor Scout hip roll" with a piece of foam, but lord, I don't want to! I'm totally okay with my sleeves not being 100% accurate, but a normal puff sleeve just doesn't seem right!
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #11500
kiggi

on my way home from colossalcon it was very fun, but super overwhelming! I met lots of nice ppl, and I may or may not have seen you tophatdown, I just didn't know what you were wearing today we were flynn and rapunzel I just wanted to say that I knew everyone here was nice, but I was unaware everyone else would be too, and so accepting of disney and what a small world it all is... (apparently tophatdown, my sisters bf knows who you are... I pointed your cindi out in his pic and he was all I know her... Btw it looked great!)
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #11501
Seifer-sama

@ Lady Sasha: Bummer! I was hoping for more! I saw a preview at the last theater I went to, which revealed a little more about the story, but still, I guess I would have hoped a Disney special would have done more than what you just described. Ah well, at least we don't have to wait too long before it's released into the theaters. :P

@ Suzie Blue: Hee hee, well if the house belongs to someone, you could always knock on their door and ask. Anything is worth a try. And thank you for the compliments on my embroidery! At first it was pretty frustrating, but it's really grown on me. I actually enjoy coming home from work and just embroidering for an hour or so. As for the Thumbelina sleeves, I think Cinderella is the only one who has sleeves close to that. I did find this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/disneys...n/photostream/ and it looks to be like this is stuffing in those sleeves to give it shape, but it doesn't look too bulky either. I have heard of a lot of people using tulle scraps to stuff the sleeves, which might work for you. I don't know what that particular sleeve is called but maybe you can do a search for custom patterns similar to it. I hope that helps!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #11502
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- That's how I am with knitting. Except I would take my knitting to school and knit during class... ^.^ lol But having a relaxing hobby is nice. As far as the sleeves, I like those! Ryoko-demon's sleeves on her Thumbelina are great, but I don't want mine to look quite so cartoony or bulky, like you said. I also like the sleeves on this bolero-thingy, but I'm really not sure how to go about making them, or the Cinderella sleeves. I'll definitely research types of sleeves and try to get a better idea of how to go about this.
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #11503
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Kiggi: People LOVE Disney cosplayers. When I did my group at Megacon in Feb we got A LOT of attention. We were trying to run a photoshoot and I think we got as many pictures from people who just stopped us to snap a pic as we did from our photographer.

Seeing Disney characters turns people into little kids. xD It's the best thing ever.

Suzie - I've done sleeves kind of like that before! I don't remember what for or how to do them 100% but let me see if I can't find the thing I used to figure them out!!

Also looking at Ryoko-demon's (I LOVE her Thumbalina so much) they look like they're stuffed with something.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Also!

Not really cosplay related but Disney store is having it's Twice Upon A Year sale Just thought I'd share!!

http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1001152/

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 06-11-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #11504
kiggi

sasha, I was so worried bec. A bunch of ppl I know who do it "properly" (only according to them, because that is how they are) said disney doesn't "fit really, and to expect to not get love" where my sister bf who we were with said we'd be fine we got lots of love!

wish I could have been there fri to see all the disney ppl!!! Boo work!

in other stuff 111 days to have cinderella done for the greatest meet up ever!

Last edited by kiggi : 06-11-2012 at 05:42 PM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #11505
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

@ Seifer-sama

Absolutely gorgeous! Was that hand, or machine embroidery?
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote