Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 586 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #11506
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPrincess View Post
@ Seifer-sama

Absolutely gorgeous! Was that hand, or machine embroidery?
I was just on her FB page and she says it's hand done. Which just blew my mind AGAIN. I thought it was machine done X.x

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #11507
kiggi

here are my pictures from colossalcon! i LOVED the mermaids!!! all i could think of was their song while i was taking their pictures funny no pics of me... oh well!

http://kiggi.tumblr.com/post/2492109...d-such-fun-and

Last edited by kiggi : 06-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #11508
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Omg Kiggi some of those cosplays are really awesome! The mermaids and KUZKO! (sp?)

I actually have pics of my own to share! I got my Belle pics back from my friend! I know I don't have the gloves but i don't really care. I'm so ridiculously happy about these pictures!!

http://theladysasha.deviantart.com/g...86112#/d53an4y
http://theladysasha.deviantart.com/g...86112#/d53an9c
http://theladysasha.deviantart.com/g...86112#/d53amlg
http://theladysasha.deviantart.com/g...86112#/d53amhw

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #11509
Aurora's Heart

Seifer- WOW!!!!! Great job.

Kiggi- I've always had great responses to my Disney cosplays at cons. In fact, at my last con, I discoverd the best "can I take your picture/ love your costume" line. I was in line for the elevator when two guys got off. They took one look at my Rapunzel and one of the guys said: "I love your Rapunzel. I was gonna be Flynn Rider but I couldn't find a wanted poster with the right nose." Made me laugh and I let him take my pic. This is the kind of stuff I only encounter as Disney characters. LOL

Furie- Hope you get your fabric issues ironed out.

I have been working a little on my Rapunzel embroidery. I have one seem done beside the middle brocade pannel and have started the rest of the "line" I guess you'd call it, along the hem. It's taking longer than I expected.
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #11510
kiggi

sasha, those are so lovely! Great job!

yes that kuzco was awesome!! He had the attitude and everything! I thought the mermaids were so clever!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #11511
Seifer-sama

@ Suzie Blue: Sort of along the same lines, I talked to a Kuja once at a masquerade and he said that to keep them poofy he made two sleeves, one fitted and then the huge outside sleeve. In between the two is where he stuffed it with tulle to keep it poofy. I think it would achieve the look you are going for without being as puffy as RyokoDemon's sleeves.

@ ModernPrincess and Lady Sasha: Thank you! And yes, all hand embroidery. I know it sounds crazy but I actually like hand embroidery better than machine embroidery. Despite how long it takes, I think it makes the costume a little more personal.

@ Kiggi: I love those photos and the mermaids are awesome!!!

@ Aurora's Heart: Thank you!!! You are embroidering yours by hand as well right? The "line" along the hem is really what takes me a long time.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #11512
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- love those photos! I love the fact people did all the mermaid sisters!

Sasha- your Belle looks soooo pretty!

So... I'm STILL trying to get this fabric issue sorted. The seller started getting back to me and their insisting on that they sent me the right color..... umm... dont think so! Now their ignoring me completely since I've said I want a refund. GAAAHHHH!!!
By the way... this is the fabric I was sent... my photo taken in the morning in sunlight, with flash... their photo supposedly taken with flash also.... HOW DOES THIS LOOK TURQUOISE!???

This is their royal blue photo: No different to the fabric I received.. yet their still denying what I was sent was turquoise.... umm......how stupid do they think I am?

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 06-12-2012 at 02:49 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #11513
Pezzidge
Pidge

I would ask for a swatch of the royal blue then. Be like: Yeah okay, let me get the royal blue and see. Where did you buy it from?
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:13 AM   #11514
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

@ Seifer-sama

Well, it's definately a credit to your skill. And it makes it more authentic for sure~ ;3
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #11515
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzidge View Post
I would ask for a swatch of the royal blue then. Be like: Yeah okay, let me get the royal blue and see. Where did you buy it from?
I have requested they do that but they refuse to do it, just keep insisting what I have is turquoise. I got it from ebay from a UK seller/fabric store that has an eBay account (seller: kidzx4116). I just heard back from them, and my god... from the wording you can sooooo tell it is someone different replying to me. Their saying once the fabric is cut they will not give out refunds. So I just wrote back to them saying in a very long and intelligent way "Give me a refund or i'm going to trading standards about you mis-selling products on ebay and refusal to give customer's money back" I'm not taking this one lightly that's for sure! I don't think they realise who their dealing with haha!!

On a good note... MY MOCK UP FOR MY ARIEL BODICE ARRIVED THIS MORNING!!! So I'll be trying it on in a bit for a test wear, then sending it back with any notes needed etc to my friend who is working on the skirt!! YAY!! I also got motivated and inspired to actually work on my new Ariel wig properly this week too.
Unread 06-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #11516
Pezzidge
Pidge

Well according to them, they offer free samples, so I would email them again, request free samples of both the teal AND royal blue together (so they don't just send you blue again and try to call it teal), and see what the colors look like. This seems to be a common mistake for them in their reviews.
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #11517
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezzidge View Post

Well according to them, they offer free samples, so I would email them again, request free samples of both the teal AND royal blue together (so they don't just send you blue again and try to call it teal), and see what the colors look like. This seems to be a common mistake for them in their reviews.
I've asked them four time to do this and they just wont even acknowledge my request for it. I've been at them for an entire week now. A friend of mine it turns out has bought fabric from them, received the swatch loved the color... then got the fabric in the amount she needed, and it turned out completely different to the swatch... turns out their just a bad seller!

ON GOOD NEWS! MY BODICE MOCK UP HAS BEEN TESTED! This is for the lining and stuff and a complete mock up to test for how the neckline will sit and whether I can move in it etc lol

WITH WIG: (Something is still bugging me about the bangs... cant believe im having issues this time round haha)

Unread 06-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #11518
WonderlandAlice

Oh my goodness@ Everyone's progress looks amazing, I can hardly believe all the work that everyone is doing right now. I've been absent from this site. Not much in terms of progress. I did commission a Belle gown, Merida gown, a couple Rapunzel wigs, and started putting together Flynn and Peter Pan for a friend who started working with me.

And for all the Kuzco fans, I met him at ACEN! Super awesome Kuzco and cool guy to keep in touch with. It is nice to find Disney cosplayers in the Chicago area! I'm Alice in the group.
Disney ACEN.jpg
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #11519
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Guess who just got herself a booking with a charity event for next week as Ariel!!

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Now to try and fix the problems with her Ariel town Dress and her shoe problem in a week with no money whatsoever..... EEP!
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #11520
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
Guess who just got herself a booking with a charity event for next week as Ariel!!

MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Now to try and fix the problems with her Ariel town Dress and her shoe problem in a week with no money whatsoever..... EEP!
That's really kind of you to help out a charity. As far as the capital dilemma, is there any babysitting job or lawn mowing you can do? perhaps you and your friends can do a car wash to raise cosplay funds? Either way, it makes me happy to see people who try to help other people.

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote