Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #11551
Seifer-sama

@ Purified Ace: Good luck on your Jack remake! I think sometimes remakes can be exciting, since you already have an idea of how to make it.

@ Kiggi: Love your progress! That skirt is gorgeous!!

@ Suzie Blue: Yays for progress!! What are your Thumbelina flowers made of? Just curious. And that's a bummer about your Rapunzel bodice. I am sure you will figure it out. Good luck to you!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #11552
Poody
All Rise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purified Ace View Post
I have to agree with this.

If and when I pull a Prince Edward, I hope my sleeves are at least half the awesome.
No joke.

awww thanks guys!!! ^^

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #11553
kiggi

poody, you do make a great edward, and flynn, and.. gosh, your costumes are just awesome!

seifer thanks!!!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #11554
WonderlandAlice

kiggi- Your Cinderella is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the entire thing. You have a beautiful interpretation of the color of her gown.

So I decided to buckle down and make an Ariel mermaid costume. The tail will be made for me but I am doing the bra. I bought white Irish Deep scallop shells, painted and decorated them. I am so happy with how the turned out but they are too small. At 5 inches across it didn't quite register how it would look on my body. I would like to keep it economical because I have the paint, bra, and decorations already, but where do I find bigger shells? I see shells that are advertised as being between 5-7 inches, but I think I really need the 7 inch ones. I don't really want to order online and find out they are the same size as the ones I have! I also considered buying a second set and stacking them so it give a little more width? Without too much information, I don't have cleavage but I have curves. Help!
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #11555
Kelly99z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrincessMom View Post
I have been working on this off an on for a week or so and finally it's almost done. But this is only the first run...I didn't like the fabric and had no other choices locally so I ordered green velvet online and once it's here I am doing it ALL OVER AGAIN. I'm excited. Not, lol. But this was a learning process so I can do much better with the fit on the next dress.

Love the costume and wig. Can you share where you got it? Thanks!!!
Kelly99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #11556
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I attended a charity event today as Ariel and I met some of the cutest kids ever!!
Pics: http://furiephoenix.deviantart.com/#/d54oo7d and http://furiephoenix.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d54omy3

I know I usually post pics up on here but I'm feeling too lazy to resize them etc.. I'm also quite ill at the moment and in a weird mood....
Unread 06-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #11557
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- I know! I'm kinda proud of myself. lol The flowers are made with Crayola Air-Dry Clay. It's really cheap- 2.5 lb for $5.00 at Walmart- and is actually pretty nice once you figure out a good method for working with it. Here's my prototype.

Wonderland Alice- They don't make shells much bigger than what you have already, but I would try looking at "Lion's Paw" shells (a few people on Etsy sell them). The only solution I can think of (other than layering shells, as you suggested) would be to attach the shells to a bra, like they do in the parks. Frankly, unless your chest is really small, shells alone won't be enough to cover you. :/ I have the same problem with them being to small unless I have a bra underneath them.

ThePrincessMom- Adorable Merida!

Furie- Those pics are too cute! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

I have been picking bits of stencil of this fabric for HOURS. T.T This is taking almost as long as it took to iron them all down! Also, forget any hope of being able to re-use parts of the stencil on the bodice- it is completely trashed. Oh well. lol I am almost done, just a bit more picking and scraping and all that I'm able to remove will be off. Whew!
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #11558
WonderlandAlice

Suzie- I have a dance bra (there is absolutely no way I would consider going without one). However my original shells looked even smaller when set against the bra. Just too small. I bought another set of Irish shells, and actually found Lion's Paw shells at 7 inches at my local store (which is what I had been searching for online)! YAY! I am painting everything now. I think I am going to have to play with the concept a bit. The Lion's Paw has coverage but heavier in look and weight and a little rough. The Irish shells have more of a delicate look and smooth but definitely need to be layered. Hmmmm.....I can't believe I am making two styles completely just to figure out which one I like better. I wonder if a child would want the Irish shells if I go with the Lion's Paw! lol

Princess Mom- I would also like the know the wig and color you bought for Merida! It looks like you are on your way to showcasing another fantastic costume! Will this be another family costume affair?
"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
WonderlandAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #11559
ThePrincessMom

The wig we got was this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130621458652... 4.m1497.l2649

But in the Ginger color. It isn't as wildly orange as it looks in the above photo of my daughter...that's a little photoshop. BUT...it does look like the parks hair....however most photos you see of that have also been photoshop'd to hell too, lol.
She will wear this for WDW (well, I'm remaking the dress) but we won't be a family group this time. But if I could make a kick ass big black bear costume, I just might wear it...haha
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #11560
kiggi

not sure which i should go with!!! these are taken with my phone so sorry for the crappy pic. they are casa satin because the shantung is too pricey or cant be dyed easily (and i dont like dying fabric) i am doing the aqua dress the aqua here is a tad too green, and the blue is a tad too dark... why cant they make these things in colors we can match! lol
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #11561
jdoe7

man guys, i feel like ive been gone for forever! lol! my husband and i moved, and currently we are staying with my grandma. She doesnt have wifi, so im hardly ever online i finally got a job too so when my husband and i start getting paid again, i can FINALLY start my merida cosplay! i was lucky and saw the movie last tuesday and im even more in love with her as a character(and fell in love with queen elinore too, ha ha) from what ive seen the last few pages, everyones progress looks awesome!

princess mom: id been looking at that wig to get too, but id been worried that the ginger wasnt red enough, as the pics seem to make it look more blonde?
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #11562
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Hey guys, saw this on tumblr and screecapped it to share. For you Brave cosplayers

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...ravetartan.png

make sure to click it to be able to read it.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #11563
AzulaFan199
For the Horde.

Princess mom. Love the Merida outfit. I'm working on one too for myself. The horse looks just like my horse. So working on making bow and arrows . Hoping to do a photo shoot with my horse in about 2 weeks.
Unread 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #11564
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

OMG GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN THIS!?!?! The Disney Store facebook JUST posted these. Don't really like the dolls too much but the artwork is beautiful.

Totally putting together a group for this. I'm doing Queen of Hearts and I think I have an Evil Queen and either a Maleficent or Cruella!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6724529&type=1

DD

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #11565
usuyukisou

^ Ohh, I think I just died. They're gorgeous! I'll probably never get around to any of them but I so want to...~ So beautiful!