Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 877 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #11566
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

hey all I'm making Ariel's blue dress for my boyfriends sister and I'm curious as to what skirt shape/pattern should I use.
A circle skirt or an A-line or something completely different

Unread 06-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #11567
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- i saw those earlier today (like a couple of hours ago) and the only ones i really like in doll form is Gothel and Cruella. The illustrations though are all sooo gorgeous, I think a notebook is a must have of Ursula for myself. But the doll of Ursula in my opinion is hideous!

I just saw all the photos from the huge photoshoot I was apart of a couple of weeks ago, tonight. Oh my god their amazing but I'm not too keen on my profile Kida photos.... but my Ariel ones...oh my I'm in so such love and I don't think I'm allowed to show you all! I want to so bad as well

Oh good news; I GOT MY REFUND FROM THAT FABRIC! Ebay ruled in my favour and made them give me a refund and i wasnt told to send the fabric either so they totally screwed themselves. Ha! I now got two pairs of shoes for my Ariel park gown, as I found another pair that fit like a dream AFTER i've received my proper character shoes which I paid £25 for... and these new ones only cost me £6! So typical. I'm gonna keep my character shoes as they fit really wel.. a bit snug but i think once i've broken them in they'll be fine... never a bad thing to have a spare pair anyway.

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 06-26-2012 at 03:06 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #11568
ElectriqueChair

I'm currently making a Frankenweenie costume as we speak! Well, Elsa, one of the girls from the movie. This will be the first costume that I'm sewing a lot of things for. I do have a question though. Have any of you ever dyed tights before? Specifically dying your own striped tights. It's probably a lot harder than it sounds, but if you've had experience with such, I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on the matter!

You all have such wonderful costumes!
ElectriqueChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #11569
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie - I agree. I can't stand the dolls but the art is absolutely to DIE for. And grats on winning the fabric battle!

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ - I'm pretty sure a lot of girls use a circle skirt pattern. That's how I plan to make mine when I get around to it.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #11570
SpiceAuburn

Just wanted to share my new Vidia costume.

Check out more pics here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/429278/
Poody & Lotte000 were there also.
SpiceAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #11571
SpiceAuburn

(Double Posted sorry!)

Last edited by SpiceAuburn : 06-27-2012 at 01:47 PM.
SpiceAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #11572
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Spice- love your Vidia!

I just heard from my commissioner/friend about my Ariel teal gown progress. He still has the trims, lining and extra little details to go and be sewn, but this is the shot he just sent me. f you're on my FB then you've probably already seen it, but I'm soooooo overwhelmed by this I have to share it for you all to see! It actually makes me wanna weep a tear of joy. Especially as I've been in a seriously dark place mind wise this week... this has made me smile a real big disney style smile and be happy again.

I'm going to keep the finished product a secret until the event itself.
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #11573
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Spice - Your Vidia is great! I love the pics too xD

Furie - Oooooh pretttyyy!!!!

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #11574
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- i know right!?? I seriously cant wait to see the finished product! Should get it in the post by Thursday or Friday next week.. if not im picking it up the saturday of LFCC next week ready for the debut on the sunday!

Ooh something else I forgot to add: http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/br...er/?ref=twtrec the newspaper article of the charity event i attended on saturday. I'm in the first photo!
Unread 06-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #11575
Pezzidge
Pidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
Sasha- i know right!?? I seriously cant wait to see the finished product! Should get it in the post by Thursday or Friday next week.. if not im picking it up the saturday of LFCC next week ready for the debut on the sunday!

Furie, that is so pretty~! Also, I have another progress shot of my park dress too!

I have to add the trim to the bottom of the petals and the sides of the middle panel on the skirt... But I think it looks kind of decent. Ignore the fat, and the wrong colored wig. I need to find a decent henna colored one for this dress. But I wish you could see the texture of the fabric, the picture does not do it justice.

Edit: Oh my god, I forgot about her starfish fascinator. Dang, going to go make it now.
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #11576
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

I am SO going to cosplay Designer Ursula!! I DIG that design!

Furie- Your Ariel gown looks amazing!! I'm loving the details!

Sasha- Ooh, cool! Like the copyright is really going to stop anyone from weaving the tartan. HA!

Spice- your Vidia is phenomenal!

Well, that clay I have been using SUCKS. It breaks apart SO easily! I thought I finally had a good method worked out, but no, the flowers I had finished sculpting for Thumbelina broke apart. :C The clay itself is actually pretty strong, but the joins are horribly weak. Is this the case with all clay or will I be able to find something better?
Unread 06-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #11577
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Pezzidge- thank you! I love your Ariel gown progress too! As for the wig. I'm keeping my red film accurate wig like you have for this gown, as I really hate the dark copper color they use in the parks.. its too brown for my liking to be Ariel XD. I think your wig looks great with the gown, and once the fascinator is included, it's gonna break up the red of your wig anyway. ^^

Suzie- thank you! I just want the gown in my grip now so I can wear it and twirl around in it, but i have to wait another week for it to be finished and posted to me/or collected at the event! The wait is now killing me!
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #11578
twilightfalcon

Finally decided to de-lurk! Everyone's progress is amazing and wonderfully inspiring! I've been doing Disney cosplay for just about a year but I've done cosplay in general for about 6 years. My current project is Jesse from Toy Story - progress shots pending.

Suzie - clay does have a tendency to be weaker in the joints in general, but I've had pretty good luck using Super Sculpey. To strengthen the joint, you might want to let the clay dry and then join it using jewelry or craft glue - just make sure the packaging says it's compatible with ceramics.
twilightfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #11579
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

That is awesome, Pezz.
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #11580
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Twlight ~ Haha welcome to the non-lurkinng world! I can't wait to see your progress of Jessie

Furie ~ I can't wait to see your Ariel all done. You're going to look fantastic!!!

Pezzidge - Ahhhh I love it! You make such a pretty Ariel.

OMG GUYS YOU ARE KILLING MEEEEE. All this Ariel stuff is making me want to cospaly her!!! Though I think I might for MNSSHP. I'd have an Eric (My fiance), a Melody (Cait....she's on here and I can't for the life of me remember what SN she uses right now xDD derp) and an Ursula (our friend Ray, not sure if she posts on here).

But I have to get through Dragon*Con first X.x oi! But Wig suggestions for Ariel? I have no idea where to start! Trying to avoid Arda or Epic wigs only because they're a little pricey.

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 06-29-2012 at 12:48 PM.