Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1105 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #11596
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Sashaaaaaaaa, whyyy?! lol I NEED that Merida doll!!!!!! Ugh! Damn you, Disney! If only the LE dolls weren't $100!

Furie- I'm loving that pic!

Poody- You are all flawless. The makeup is wonderful!

Unread 07-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #11597
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Another a couple fo teaser shots... this time with a proper camera in natural light and not my crappy dark webcam lol. Just so you can see the accurate colors.... but not giving away much still mwahaha and yeah I did crop them out of full length photos haha

The Hairpiece:

Unread 07-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #11598
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
I actually gasped when I saw that. And if it wasn't for the fact that Pennsic is right around the corner, I would jump on that. T_T Timing, why do you hate me so much?

So, on top of finishing Merida (just waiting on the wig now) I've decided to add Cinderella to my list of things to cosplay. But not quite the typical design? There's an artist on deviant art that drew all of the disney princesses in historically accurate* outfits, and her design for Cinderella is just awesome. Well, they're all awesome, but Cinderella's dress grabbed me the most.

This is the artist's page, and This is the one I want to do.

*They're mostly accurate, Jasmine's isn't quite accurate, and a few others are pushing it as well, but the idea is mostly there /nitpicky XD;

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #11599
kiggi

elycium, that is what my cinderella was originally going to be based on too now, it may be similar in bodice... and thats it. i like that version!!!

this is the pattern i have for that bodice:
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #11600
Sonsko-chan
Rude and Ginger

Compleeeetely unrelated to Disney cosplay, BUT HAVE FUN AT PENNSIC, ELYCIUM! Aaaaah, I want to go to Pennsic someday!
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #11601
Pezzidge
Pidge

Furie, you look absolutely gorgeous! Like... Absolutely legitly like Ariel. Best I've ever seen. <3
Fili - The Hobbit
Pippin - Return of the King
Tonks - Deathly Hallows
Ariel - Celebrate Dreams Come True
Jasmine - Disney Apocalypse

Pezzidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #11602
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Kiggi, let me know how that bodice works out. I've always wondered how it would work out. I'm using a Truly Victorian pattern for my bodice which is also perfect (and has all kinds of awesome sizing tips)

Sonosko, thanks. I know I'll have fun, its always a blast. I always tell people they should try it out at least once. Its so much fun, and there's so much to do. Its like a 2 week long convention.

Furie, your Ariel looks wonderful <3

Upcoming Costumes
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #11603
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Pezz- omg *flails everywhere in a gushing mess* thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait until Monday when I'll reveal the photos of this costume to everyone! Its killing me keeping it a secret but i dont wanna ruin the anticipation! haha! I had the other day on my FB a couple of people who are in the college programme or a cast member in the parks (cant remember which it is) comment on my photo and say I belong in disney and its like Ariel stepped out of disneyland/world! Like... OMG!!!

Elycium- thank you! I also wish you all the luck with your cinderella! I've seen the historical designs on DA before and think their gorgeous! I'm surprised not many people have done them before. I know LKD and others have done not that long ago, but I think their about the only people I've seen do those designs!
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #11604
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Furie, probably because a lot of the historical ones are very daunting. I know not a lot of people would even know where to begin with even the undergarments for, lets say, Belle's design, as the panier on that thing is huge. The undergarments alone would be insane to tackle (I thought about it, but I look horrible in gold / yellow XD). I think the complexity scares off all but the knowledgeable or very brave.

Upcoming Costumes
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #11605
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

For your viewing pleasure, I present to you Hipster Aurora:

Just for shits and giggles.
Unread 07-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #11606
Aurora's Heart

Just thought I'd let you all know I havn't dropped off the face of the earth. LOL I've just been so busy lately helping my friend with her wedding and planning a bridal shower for her. I have been trying to keep with this, and you guys have been busy on here.

Sasha- Saw the Merida doll and mom decided to help me get her. It turns out she kinda has historical signifigance for our family as her father was part Scottish and Merida's tartan is similar to the Todd family tartan. Not that I need more reasons to blow a ton of money or anything.

Furie- I can't wait to see this dress! I'm not surprised you had to do a double take, I did too. How are you not Ariel yet!?

Poody-Those costumes are great. Just like you guys walked out of the movie. Great job!
Unread 07-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #11607
jdoe7

Last night I worked on my muslin for Merida and its just perfect! Now I just need the money to buy the material and wig I've been working on these friendship bracelets that are Disney, marvel, Harry potter, and doctor who inspired to sell and hopefully that will help. I'm also waiting to move out of my grandmas house(my husband and I are staying there till we get money from our jobs to get a place) and I'm nervous to buy anything right now cuz she will make a snarky comment about it But she does think I have talent at least
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #11608
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
I actually gasped when I saw that. And if it wasn't for the fact that Pennsic is right around the corner, I would jump on that. T_T Timing, why do you hate me so much?

So, on top of finishing Merida (just waiting on the wig now) I've decided to add Cinderella to my list of things to cosplay. But not quite the typical design? There's an artist on deviant art that drew all of the disney princesses in historically accurate* outfits, and her design for Cinderella is just awesome. Well, they're all awesome, but Cinderella's dress grabbed me the most.

This is the artist's page, and This is the one I want to do.

*They're mostly accurate, Jasmine's isn't quite accurate, and a few others are pushing it as well, but the idea is mostly there /nitpicky XD;

My friend Dom actually did Cinderella's version for a con earlier this year! Here It is absolutely gorgeous (the design) I can't wait to see yours!! And yeah they are pretty daunting!

Suzie - LOL I love it xD

Aurora - Thats so cool!!!

Jdoe - I hope you can manage to get the stuff for merida. And I understand the situation you're in. My fiance and I are at his parent's house for very much the same reason. I can't find a job to save my life T_T

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #11609
dolewhip
guppy

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Everyone has done such beautiful work in this thread! I'm making Ariel's Kiss the Girl dress for Disneyland's Halloween party this year, and since I've noticed quite a few of you have done KtG, I figured maybe I could ask for some advice. I'm planning on using Casa Satin from Joanns and a standard poodle skirt pattern for the skirt, but I'm having trouble finding patterns for her top and corset.

I know a few of you have suggested Simplicity 6480 for the corset, but I'm worried that it looks a little too long, or maybe that's just me being picky (If anyone has used this pattern for their KtG, I would love to see some photos for reference!). I like the length of Simplicity 2620, but the neckline would have to be modified.

As for the top, if I couldn't find a pattern I was thinking about just finding a powder blue long sleeve shirt, but any suggestions would be appreciated!
dolewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #11610
LKD
Is a princess!!

Sooo popping in for a question,
I'm making a test dress for Tinkerbell to test out my new airbrush/possible last minute comic con costume (already have a buyer that agreed to buy it for the price of my airbrush machine..aaaw yeaaah)
anywho, I was told Cottons work best with it. Do you guys have any fabric ideas that would work with it?