Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 660 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #11671
jdoe7

tonksie: i LOVE your merida! im working on one myself right now. i also had decided to go with navy blue and your comment about the artist just reassured me its the right choice but now im just waiting to get the fabric i want(navy blue linen from joannes, its on sale 30 percent off right now, but i need more of a discount than that right now) but ive made a muslin and got the sleeves how i want them plus my cape all made i did have perfect cheaper fabric that i wanted at joannes, but they didnt have enough and since it was seasonal, i couldnt buy it it was a wool blend though so it would have been hot.
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #11672
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Tonkies- love your Merida, its amazing!

Also guys, you might wanna see the latest update of fantasyland in disneyworld if you havent already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWZTOdAjyRE they've only just uploaded the video today
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #11673
kiggi

jdoe, use a student college I'd and you get an addl 20% off @ joanns in july on reg/sale/clearence.

lady sasha, that was furie with the lion king I can't wait to see it done either

is anyone on here planning to go to youmacon in nov? I am going with my sisters boyfriend

and... I am 2 poofs short of being done with my cinderella skirt stupid work, and ppl on vaca. It is BEAUTIFUL
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #11674
Elycium
likes fancy things

Tonksie, your Merida costume looks fabulous!
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #11675
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Tonksie- Your Merida is FLAWLESS!! I feel ya on the color of her dress- sometimes it's teal, sometimes blue, sometimes green- you can never tell just what it is! But I LOVE the blue you chose! I think wool was a great choice, but I imagine it is hot.

Furie- We aren't friends of Facebook (but we should be! I'm Bethany Mejean) so I don't know the full story, but PLEASE don't give up cosplaying because someone was rude to you! You are a great cosplayer and I would hate to see you quit! ♥

As for me, I have been working super hard, for once! haha I think ordering my wig gave me the drive to work on the costume! ^.^ I also picked up a bunch of new supplies at Walmart the other day, so I have been able to actually DO something. I got flats and ModPodge for her shoes and covered them following this tutorial. I also got Sculpey for the flowers which is SO much better than the Crayola stuff I was using! So I got the hair flowers sculpted and am working on painting them.

My GORGEOUS Jeannie wig came, too, and ASDFGHJKL it is SO gorgeous! I even figured out a way to make the ponytail look pretty thick without styrofoam or glue or anything. Basically, I just wrapped the short ponytail around itself to create a bun, pinned it down (with those spiral bobby pin things), removed the clip from the ponytail, then tied it around the base of the bun with the elastic cords in the ponytail. It worked really well! I will have to take it out and move it up a bit because it's too low, but yeah! I'll probably style the bangs tomorrow before I head to The Dark Knight Rises premiere!

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 07-18-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #11676
MalteseLizzie

Got the tights for Rapunzel's lower sleeves yesterday. I've cut the legs off and painted the embroidery around the top. Yay. The skirt is all done: zip and waistband sewn on, fastening with a really pretty silver button I had.

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #11677
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Kiggi ~ I'm sorry xD Yesterday was a very.... distressing day and I wasn't thinking too clearly. Oops! And I can't WAIT to see your Cindy!!

Furie ~ HOMGGGGG YES!!! Also if you go to the Disney Parks' Official blog there's a bunch of articles about different parts of the expansion (But you'll have to look for them....that blog is crazy sometimes). Here's the latest article Here and if you scroll down a bit you'll see links to other articles

Suzie ~ PICTURESSSSSSSSSSSS

Maltese ~ Hooray for Progress.

Ok soooo...I know Marvel is just a Disney OWNED property but I haven't had much to share as far as progress for a long time. Yay superheros! It's Shadocat from the Xmen. Still have some adjusting to the sides to do and the sleeves but overall I'm very happy with it. I busted this out in like a span of 3-4 hours (that's NEVER happened before) But happy to have something. Still can't wait to start on my Dream Along With Mickey Cindy dress!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #11678
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- I'm definitely going to save up once I've got the 2nd half of the cost for my Ariel tattoo saved back. I will have that Simba kigu.. i just wanna curl up on the end of my bed (like Simba's pose in the ref pic) in it so bad XD and as for the blogs, I'm signed up to the email blogs so I hear about the updates before i find them on the website XD

Suzie- thanks.. i'm not gonna give up, but if you know the site... you'll get a jist straight off so I'll say one word.... 4chan. I've been ripped to shreds on there over my disney cosplay and kat von d cosplay...... though i'm not going to give up cosplay but my general confidence pretty much everything has been thrown into a big black abyss atm.... trying to stay occupied so i dont go breaking down into tears every few minutes is difficult
Unread 07-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #11679
kiggi

furie, i have no idea what 4chan is, but whoever is saying nasty things are just jealous. your ariel is beautiful! and "no one can make you feel inferior with out your permission" i am watching the princess diaries.... sorry, but the quote is perfect for this situation.

sasha, nbd ive had weeks like that!

puff delema picture i think im making the bodice then reassessing....
(me in the skirt with the longer puff being pushed up by my sons elbow)

Last edited by kiggi : 07-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #11680
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie ~ Can't wait to see it

Kiggi ~ I know I said this on FB but homgggg that skirt <3

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #11681
Aurora's Heart

Havn't posted in awhile, bridal shower zapping my sanity right now. LOL.

Furie- I know how people can be online. Just remember this about your Disney cosplays, no matter what anyone says, you got one of the big wigs in the Disney company to validate you. No one can take your Glen Keene experience away from you and if that isn't proof you SHOULD cosplay Disney nothing will be.

Kiggi- Loving your Cindy!!!!!

Susie- must have pics.

Tonskie- Your Merida is lovely. I'm kinda surprised they said it was navy as I've always seen it as peacock green. Even the approved by Pixar Disney Store child costume is peacock green. *shrugs*

Only costume progress is slowly continuing the embroidery for Rapunzel.
Unread 07-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #11682
nessabutterfly

Kiggi-- I like something half-way between the two lengths. I would stick with the longer and try to puff it up somehow. You could always pleat it lightly and tack the pleats on the underside (and by pleat, I mean large, soft folds, kinda like how your son's arm is pushing on it).

Another thing that might help could be, instead of using tiny, even pleats along the upper edge, making wider, overlapping pleats on the front and back, but not over the side of the hip-- that would help it to fold in a better shape. Maybe check out patterns for swag curtains?

In my neck of the woods-- surgery in 7 hours. Yay me. Hopefully this will put cancer behind me for life. We'll be getting rid of organs that have a 30-80% chance of developing cancer in the future. Not really looking forward to it, but at the same time, I am-- some of these organs cause me daily pain-- I'm looking forward to being done and healed up!! Maybe I'll even get back to cosplay someday-- wouldn't that be nice? I miss sewing.

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 07-20-2012 at 04:03 AM.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #11683
MalteseLizzie

Kiggi: so far it looks gorgeous-and sparkly.
Furie: Ditto what Kiggi said. 4chan is full of people with nothing better to do than criticise everyone else.
Nessabutterfly: Wishing you the best of luck

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 04:10 AM   #11684
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks guys for all the support. *hugs for you all* I'm really trying mega hard to keep up the confidence but i just cant seem to find it... I'm still gonna cosplay Ariel and cosplay in general (like this morning... going to a Kingdom Hearts themed surprised party as Roxas) but going out the house is proving a challenge. I will do it though, i cant let my friend down even though she has no idea of this party happening.

Kiggi- omg that cinderella skirt is insanely beautiful and sparkly, i love it!
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #11685
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?

EEEEE!!!! Im very excited to say that my friend and I managed to put together a Little Mermaid group! We have Ariel and all her sisters plus a King Trition. Our plan is to do a massive underwater shoot as the mermaids =D Sadly this has to wait until next year for multiple reasons.

Does anyone know where we can get a tutorial on how to make mermaid fins? we thought about buying them but it would actually be cheaper to make our own
SaphhireDreams is offline   Reply With Quote