Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 973 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #11686
kiggi

thanks!! Nessa, it is pleated @ the top and swags in real life like how ben is pushing it up, it's just more exaggerated they will be puffed more once it's sewn on this was more for length than anything... and good luck with the surgery!!!!

and furie: a wise man named dumbledor once said "if you are holding out for universal popularity you will be in this hut for a very long time..." (goblet of fire) so don't shut yourself up, get out there and be you. Not everyone will ever like you, but those who do are the important ones anyhow if I listened to every criticism I have ever had that was made out of jealous spite, I would not be where I am. Do you think any of these things would ever be said to your face w/o the annon. most ppl hide behind?
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #11687
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Astharoshe ~ Mermaiiids DDD This is probably one of my favorite tutorials (and no I don't like it just because she has the same name as me *cough*) But in all seriousness. I plan on using this tutorial for my own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtwnOQg_KH8

Also where are you getting your spandex from?

I can't wait to see the group!!

Nessa ~ Good luck on your surgery! I'll be thinking of you!

Furie ~ I 2nd what Kiggi said. You're amazing. Don't give it up because of other people

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 07-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #11688
jdoe7

Furie: I agree with everyone on here, you're an amazing cosplayer and people get nasty when they are jealous and behind anonymous faces. Kiggi said it perfectly!

Kiggi: thanks so much for reminding me of the student discount. I technically still have my Id, but I'm not in school anymore I'd feel bad for using it lol!

I ordered, well back ordered the merry arda wig in pumpkin for Merida, as it was in my line of budget. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to get it!
Jedi Knight - Star Wars

Facebook tumblr: Disney Personal Harry Potter
jdoe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #11689
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Astharoshe ~ Mermaiiids DDD This is probably one of my favorite tutorials (and no I don't like it just because she has the same name as me *cough*) But in all seriousness. I plan on using this tutorial for my own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtwnOQg_KH8

Also where are you getting your spandex from?

I can't wait to see the group!!
We'll probably check Joann Fabrics first then if we can't find anything in-store or special order we might have to go online for what's best. We're all very excited to do this =D
SaphhireDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #11690
ragingphoxx

So I'm looking for some ideas of how to make gargoyle feet boot covers for my demona cosplay. Any suggestions?

Ragingphoxx

Purveyor of fun and insanity
(Not necessarily in that order)

In Progress:
Berserk- Evarella (redoing wig)
Disgaea 2- Etna (my own variation)
Pokemon- Ninetails Gijinka (Furisode)
MLP:FIM- Octavia Gijinka (masquerade)
ragingphoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #11691
kiggi

eh, i still use mine. i figure im still paying student loans, and i DO still have 30 credit hours to finish....
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #11692
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Kiggi- OMG! I'm watching The Princess Diaries and just read your post in which you quoted the movie! XD Your Cinderella looks fabulous! The gathering on the skirt is soooo beautiful! Ill definitely have to try your tip on doing that.

Furie- I know of the site but I have never been there. I pretty much refuse to as it is basically the deepest depths of the internets. :/ But yes, you are a beautiful girl and a wonderful cosplayer, don't listen to snobs who have nothing better to do with their time than tear people down. I know it's impossible to ignore and it really hurts, but keep your head up, girlie.

Nessa- I wish you the best! I hope everything goes smoothly and that this does rid your life of cancer. We all love you and will be thinking and praying for you.

So. Thumbelina is coming along nicely! I have been working on the wig, which has been more work than I thought it would be! But I love wig styling, so it doesn't bother me. Except her bangs. HER BANGS ARE SO STUPID. Like, WHY would anyone ever draw hair like that. Trying to translate that into real hair (well, wig hair) and making it NOT look stupid is challenging. But I'll get there!

Also, THOSE. DAMN. FLOWERS. I HATE THEM SO MUCH. I just threw out the last 5 I made, making 20 I have made and tossed. This time, I would go to glaze them, and the white paint would start cracking! And no, the glaze was not crackle finish or anything. So, I get to make even more of those cursed things! I think I'm going to try Mod Podge's Hard Finish this time. I'm going to Hancock's tomorrow to get some more supplies, and I'll stop somewhere and pick that up.
Unread 07-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #11693
Sharnie

Suzie Blue, which of Thumbelina's outfits are you making?
I aspire to one day make her first wedding dress (from her wedding to the mole) it has a ridiculous wig needed and it's really poofy but I'll get there one day.

And Furie, I know that you don't know who I am, so my opinion is practically naught but you are the most spectacular Ariel I've seen, and I don't know what these buffoons are saying but they are just that, daft and jealous. 4Chan is not a lovely place because when people lose their faces they lose their minds as well.
Though your Simba costume will be adorable.
Belle's provincial blue dress - for myself - started.
Kida - for my sister
Snow White - for myself
Sharnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #11694
MalteseLizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstharosheAsran View Post
EEEEE!!!! Im very excited to say that my friend and I managed to put together a Little Mermaid group! We have Ariel and all her sisters plus a King Trition. Our plan is to do a massive underwater shoot as the mermaids =D Sadly this has to wait until next year for multiple reasons.

Does anyone know where we can get a tutorial on how to make mermaid fins? we thought about buying them but it would actually be cheaper to make our own
I found a tutorial on deviantart that should do.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...+tail#/d1yfdxj
It involves using a monofin: I'm very tempted to try it out.

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #11695
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

For some reason its not letting me post my replies normally. But it'll let me type a little. GG coscom. UGH. but yeah I did this so I could still reply

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 07-21-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #11696
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseLizzie View Post
I found a tutorial on deviantart that should do.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...+tail#/d1yfdxj
It involves using a monofin: I'm very tempted to try it out.
Thank you =) I never even thought about a mono fin at the bottom.
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #11697
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
For some reason its not letting me post my replies normally. But it'll let me type a little. GG coscom. UGH. but yeah I did this so I could still reply

That's good to know. I'll pass that along to rest of the group so no one gets grumpy with their tail
Unread 07-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #11698
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Again people.. thank you. Seriously guys, you've all been so supportive and it really does help a lot. Yesterday going out caused me to have a panic attack as I was on my own for the first time everything broke out.. but once with friends I slowly became alright again, but I was quiet and hiding away in my hoodie for a lot of the time, and friends did notice I was different, but they've been so supportive and really brought me to myself after a while.

So today I re opened the charity store that mom works at with my friend as Ariel and Cinderella. We had sooo much fun even if the disney store had a go at us for going in there (to buy stuff!) whilst we were in costume. Infront of kids too! I've never liked the new manager in there now though... she's such a kill joy.
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #11699
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

That 4chan is famous for rickroll, pediobear and other things. Furie, I'm ashamed of those who frequent there and criticize cosplayers in general.
Unread 07-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #11700
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Astharoshe~ No problem. :3 I just feel bad when people settle for less then sub-par fabrics and don't really know it. Especially when it comes to spandex. And mermaids. And Disney cosplay in general xD I know before I started buying from SpandexWorld, I thought the Joann's stuff was the best (because it was the only stuff I could get) lol

EvilCon 2014 - TBD

Facebook * Deviantart