Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1148 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #11701
SapphireLotus
Where's my f@*king tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Astharoshe~ No problem. :3 I just feel bad when people settle for less then sub-par fabrics and don't really know it. Especially when it comes to spandex. And mermaids. And Disney cosplay in general xD I know before I started buying from SpandexWorld, I thought the Joann's stuff was the best (because it was the only stuff I could get) lol
It's appreciated. i order the 9 free sample swatch so everyone can see what the fabric looks like ahead of time.
SapphireLotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #11702
kiggi

i have a question for all of you, i am making the aqua dress merida wears, well i am trying to figure out some things before i do it, and one thing is how would you put this design on? http://news.cnet.com/2300-10797_3-10012634-7.html
im using casa satin. i have seen some of you paint, use fabric markers etc, but i dont know what would work best, and if anyone has experience.... i was 1/2 tempted to applique it on, then i told myself i need to stop.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #11703
LKD
Is a princess!!

Kitties, have you looked up felting? If I remember right, you push felt through the fabric using a tool and it looks like embroidery and I think it would look really nice for that dress!
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #11704
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

kiggi- Fabric markers are expensive and I have noticed that they don't last long, so your best bet would probably be fabric paint. After that, just glue or bead the jewels on. Casa satin takes to paint pretty well.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #11705
kiggi

ooh good, any suggestion on fabric paint? what should i stay away from?

lkd, i have felted many many things, and i just tested it, just to see, and it shredded the satin its too delicate...
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #11706
Aurora's Heart

So I survived my insane weekend, from a succesfull bridal shower to a madman deciding to ruin peoples night out at the movies outside the mall I work at. Now maybe I can get back to more important things like costuming again.

Susie - You're using Sculpy for the flowers right? I found a clear paint on gloss for Sculpy when i was making my replica miniture keyblades a year or two ago. If I remember correctly, it's in the same area as the Sculpy. It doesn't crack the paint and should work exactly like you want it to.

Nessa- Good luck and praying everything works out for the best.
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #11707
kiggi

omg aurora! im glad you werent in the theater! i know someone who almost was. if her baby didnt spike a huge fever and start being "exorcist sick" as she said she would have been sitting in that theater. she had her ticket and everything. glad the bridal shower went well!!
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #11708
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Sharnie- I'm making her normal outfit, but one day I WILL make her Beetle Ball gown!! Like, seriously, I adore that costume. ^.^

I went to Hancock's yesterday and bought some supplies I needed (and some I didn't...). I got grommets and a couple zippers (needs), then some random fabrics that were on sale (wants). I bought some dull pink satin for Cinderella's torn dress, dark pink polyester for Aurora's bodice, and some fabrics for Fionna (Adventure Time). I also got some Mod Podge for take 5 million on the flowers. XD
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #11709
nessabutterfly

kiggi-- did you see my shirts for the undy? I used this http://www.joann.com/tulip-fashion-g...prd_10940526a/ paint and it worked great. I put reg. blue fabric paint under, but since it's gold on gold you shouldn't need to do that, Just use the freezer paper stecils-- they work GREAT!

I was supposed to be home from my surgery yesterday, but I had a bowel obstruction that finally cleared this morning-- now I'm actually starting to recover, so I should be home tomorrow. 5 days in hospital-- ugh.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #11710
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Kiggi ~ everyone pretty much already suggested what I was going to.

LKD ~ I know this is like WAY late because you already airbrushed your Tink outfit but I was try to find this http://briannacherrygarcia.deviantar...ject-131311226
idk if it's any help now but I JUST re-found it >.>

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #11711
kiggi

thanks!!! off to joanns
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #11712
dolewhip
guppy

Thought I'd pop in to ask for some Ariel wig advice. I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two (both from Ebay), but I just can't decide:

Wig #1: I thought a wig with lots of waves might work nicely because it could help to add some volume, and fullness without requiring too much styling. Inspiration came from what Ariel wears in the parks/parades (example). Though I am worried about the curls becoming too out of control and hard to manage (aka tangling). It also costs more than I wanted to spend, but I could manage it. Cost: $50 - ships from US

Wig #2: This wig is more accurate to the costume (Kiss the Girl), but I'm not all too concerned about that, and I've also heard good things about the seller. I'm just worried that the wig won't be all that full. Cost: $30 - ships from China

My heart is telling me to go for the fun waves, and my head is telling me to go for the straight (less expensive) wig.

Sorry about all this ranting, I'm just very indecisive. (and this is also my first wig purchase). Any opinions would be much appreciated!
dolewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #11713
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- glad you're okay after the weekend, and weren't in that theatre!

So... it's not cosplay related as such, but it IS disney related... I'e almost finished my disney princess 50s sun dress today! I just have to hem up the bottom, put the zip in and yank it in as I do so then find some more pink fabric as I've run out so I can do the halter neck tie. I'm actually super proud of this as it's the first dress of this style I've ever made and was so worried I'd ruin the fabric XD It's fitting weirdly at the moment as I've holding onto the excess fabric at the back to pull it in and it's over my top and shorts lol

And I even did it Giselle style: out of kids curtains!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 07-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #11714
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hey guys. Today sucks. lol I got my wisdom teeth extracted today and OUCH. The doctor had to stick me three times before he got the IV right, my mouth and throat hurt really badly, and my left arm has a 3 x 5 inch bruise where he shot my arm (not my veins!) full of saline and anesthesia. He kinda missed. haha But I'm hanging in there. But that anesthesia threw me for a loop! It took me a few tries to wake up and I was hallucinating quite a bit- I vaguely remember something about Superman being involved.

In cosplay news, I got my most recent 5 flowers sculpted and painted! Just gotta glaze'em and glue the clips on. I'm going to test the Mod Podge (I got the satin finish kind. I was going to get the hard coat, but it said it had to cure for 4 weeks!) on the backs of them first to see what happens, then go from there.

I have also been setting grommets in the waist cincher and embroidering over them (It makes it look more finished and helps hide any unevenness of the grommet placement) with machine embroidery thread because I couldn't find embroidery floss in anything near the right shade.

Other than that, the wig is pretty much styled- just gotta clip in the flowers & fix the headband, then I have to hem the skirt & finish the blouse and Thumbelina will be finished!

Furie- I love the dress!! I have always wanted to make a dress like that with this super-cute fabric I found at Walmart a while back. So cute!
Unread 07-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #11715
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie ~ That dress is ADORABLE! Love the cut of it too!

Suzie ~ Ouch. That really stinks. I hope you feel better soon! And you're embroidering over the grommets? That's a really interesting (and smart!) idea! I cannot WAIT to see this costume!

No news here. Still dying to start on Cindy but gotta wait till after Dragon. I can do this X.x

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote