Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 637 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #11731
SaphhireDreams
Where's my f@*king tea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
So does anyone have a wig recommendation for Meg from Hercules? I'm toying with the idea of doing her "historically accurate" version (because I've been sewing so many chitons for Pennsic, that whipping up one more is no issue at all). But I'm not at all sure where to start with a wig that would work. ideas?
Id say talk to some of the ladies on here who have cosplayed her and see what worked and what didn't then go from there?
SaphhireDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #11732
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I cant show yet due to no photos (apart from my cell phone upload on FB) but all my line work for my Ariel tattoo is DONE! I also have little flounder on the back of my calf following her up my calf! I seriously squee every time i look at him through the clingfilm- the pain was so worth it! The moment the cling film comes off and its cleaned up I'll share photos with you all!

I even had kids look at my dress (yeah... i went all 50s style with my disney dress to the tattoo shop) as they passed me and gasp like the girls in tangled, and one girl went "THAT LADY HAS A DISNEY PRINCESS DRESS! look mommy!" That actually made my day
Unread 07-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #11733
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Glad to hear your tattoo makes you happy.. can't wait to see photos. ^_^ ..and all children luv those Disney princesses.
Unread 07-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #11734
kiggi

so tired of this $&^%$^&%#^ cinderella dress. thats all.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #11735
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elycium View Post
So does anyone have a wig recommendation for Meg from Hercules? I'm toying with the idea of doing her "historically accurate" version (because I've been sewing so many chitons for Pennsic, that whipping up one more is no issue at all). But I'm not at all sure where to start with a wig that would work. ideas?
If you're thinking of going with her regular look, Arda's Jeannie might be a pretty good option. I'm leaning towards it for when I remake mine.
If you decide to go with her historically accurate look, maybe weft and wrap extensions around a foam cone?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #11736
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Does anyone have any tips on dyeing synthetic fabrics? I know you can't significantly alter the color of synthetics, but I know some people have had success with adding a little tint. I have a teal bridal satin that I would like to make blue-er, but I'm not sure if I can. Any advice?

Elycium- I agree with Cait for movie-Meg, but I don't know about the historical version.

Furie- I want to see your new tattoo! I bet it's awesooooome! Your story was cute, too!

Not much progress here, other than finishing one side of the grommets on Thumbelina's waist-cincher. Perhaps tomorrow I'll set the grommets on the other side & start embroidering them.
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #11737
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Suzie- iDye poly maybe? You can find it at JoAnn and some online stores.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #11738
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie ~Ahh Disney tattoos! Can't wait to see it!

Kiggi ~ Hang in there! I bet it's going to look AMAZINGGGG when you're done

Suzie ~ What kind of synthetic is it? Acrylic? Acetate? (or whatever the type is that starts with an A...)

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #11739
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Okay.. here are some images of my tattoo WIP, still gotta the color the whole thing and do a bit of a watery background and add the bubbles, but from the bottom up:

(THE BACK OF MY CALF)

the front/side: main part basically
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #11740
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

awesome.. definitely worth the pain.
Unread 07-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #11741
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie ~ Your tattoo looks great!!! Love it!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #11742
kiggi

sasha, yeah, i know, and that is what is making me keep moving on it. but im just soooooo over this bodice.

oh yeah elcyum (sorry i probably spelled that wrong) the bodice for the simplicity 5724 has the most stupid sizing ever. i know its meant to go over a corset, BUT yeah have fun altering that to be anywhere near your measurements at all even with a corset. maybe i am not hourglassy enough for this pattern even with a corset... i gave up and moved onto simplicity 9025's bodice. i need to figure out what i want for sleeves... hahaha i think its funny that this started out going to follow close to the historic dress, then its very much parks style...

furie cute tatoo!
Unread 07-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #11743
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

thankies guys! Cant wait to get the money together now to get it colored lol
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #11744
Elycium
likes fancy things

Kiggi, have you thought of maybe trying this pattern here? Truly Victorian patterns are amazing, especially if you have to do sizing (they have all the sizes).

As for the Meg wig, I think I might tryArda's Jasmine maybe pulled up over a foam cone? Has anyone ever done that (styled around a foam piece in general I mean) and could maybe give me tips?

Furie - nice tattoo
Unread 07-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #11745
kiggi

i will have to keep that pattern in mind when i actually make this civil war dress for the ball im probably going to next year

as of right now i have all the pieces cut out. im just at that point of how to make this w/o seeing boning channels (or deciding if i care i can see them) i have 4 layers of fabric, but the top layer is organza, so its super delicate, then casa, then coutil, then thin light lining. it is lacing up the back, (because i fluctuate in weight from year to year, and its just my preferred way to close boned bodices) dunno. just know i am very much over it.