Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1009 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:58 AM   #11896
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonvision View Post
This looks a little darker in person but I've used fox red in the past for various red wig projects & the color seems brighter in person than on this pic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LONG-Wil...orcev4exp=true

Good volume too!
That wig is gorgeous! Thank you so much. And it has enough volume, I won't need to get multiples.
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2012, 04:44 AM   #11897
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonvision View Post
The lycra is not going to give you the support you want; it will be a little bunch where you gather it but it will still hang straight down from there. You can get the thick netting from fabric stores very cheaply (some cased under $1 a yard) & just gather it up as best you can. I only used two layers of netting under my fin seen here and it holds it shape well

You need to not only support it at the attachment point but all the way down and out for it to hold its shape due to the weight of the lycra. I know it feels light but it doesn't have body of its own so you need the support the whole way.
All my money at the moment is going on getting my tattoo finished and getting stuff for the party i've got booked, also fabrics and netting is more expensive here in the UK unfortunately. I THINK I MIGHT have some netting left over somewhere but not ure where it is. The lycra I got is quite weighty actually, and I think (from looking at the park's version) I'll only need (at least for the time being) a bit of netting at the top to about half way down rather all the way down so its not poofy all the way down if you know what I mean?
By the way your tail is super cute!

Also I had a brain wave... I'm sure I'll have enough remnant fabric from the fluke once I'm done and thinking of sewing a bit in at the bottom on the inside of the tail to ret my feet on, so when I flick the fluke when sitting on a rock (a friend is getting me yay!) my feet wont show or be at risk of showing? What do you guys think? Good idea? Thinking i could somehow make it so I can open it up to move around, then close it up for sitting around?
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #11898
Seifer-sama

@ crimsonvision: That photo is adorable!! I love it!! And that wig is amazing!! I love the fullness of it!!

@ FuriePhoenix: I hope you are able to figure out a setup for your tail. I think it's okay to have a few things unfinished, just so long as you are able to get back to them and finish them at some point. As for opening it up, I tossed around the idea of having a zipper at the end of a mermaid tail, but I never tested it beyond that.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #11899
Faraday
oh modern man.

Yooo, long time, no post, but what little progress I made on my Sally dress over the year[s] I'm now trashing in favor of new fabric. So we'll see how that goes over because I'll be wearing it to Disneyland's Halloween party.

In other news: I'm selling my Alice in Wonderland costume if anyone's interested.
If the measurements are too big, don't fret! I ended up adding a 1 1/2" piece of fabric from the waist to the sleeve cuff on each side and it's very simple to remove and stitch back up.
(All proceeds go to the adoption of a new cat from my local human society!)
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #11900
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Wow gone for a few days and so much going on.

Furie ~ I hope you figure your tail thing out! I do like how it's coming out

Crimson ~ oh my gosh that wig xDD

okay so. I'm putting my Cinderella dress on hold =/ I really don't want to but the base fabric I need is $30 a yard and I need so much of it....I just can't afford it right now. So in favor of something less expensive and easier to make I think I'm going to do Esmeralda for the Megacon Disney gathering. I've always loved her character and my fiance would make a wonderful Pheobus. He's actually REALLY excited about it (which he never really gets excited about Disney cosplays like this. While he loves Disney comic characters are more his style). Sooo I need wig and fabric suggestions! <3

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart

Last edited by LadySasha : 08-24-2012 at 11:28 AM.
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #11901
crimsonvision
The Red Rose of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySasha View Post
Wow gone for a few days and so much going on.

Furie ~ I hope you figure your tail thing out! I do like how it's coming out

Crimson ~ oh my gosh that wig xDD

okay so. I'm putting my Cinderella dress on hold =/ I really don't want to but the base fabric I need is $30 a yard and I need so much of it....I just can't afford it right now. So in favor of something less expensive and easier to make I think I'm going to do Esmeralda for the Megacon Disney gathering. I've always loved her character and my fiance would make a wonderful Pheobus. He's actually REALLY excited about it (which he never really gets excited about Disney cosplays like this. While he loves Disney comic characters are more his style). Sooo I need wig and fabric suggestions! <3
Would love to help fabric & wig hunting! Reference pics on what you prefer?

Also, what sore of fabric are you looking for on the Cinderella dress that is $30 a yard? I have waaaaaaay too many fabric suppliers accumulated for my own good. Maybe I can find a cheaper link for you?

Selling some of my Satine from Moulin Rouge costumes & more on Etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/crimsonvision
crimsonvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #11902
crimsonvision
The Red Rose of Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
All my money at the moment is going on getting my tattoo finished and getting stuff for the party i've got booked, also fabrics and netting is more expensive here in the UK unfortunately. I THINK I MIGHT have some netting left over somewhere but not ure where it is. The lycra I got is quite weighty actually, and I think (from looking at the park's version) I'll only need (at least for the time being) a bit of netting at the top to about half way down rather all the way down so its not poofy all the way down if you know what I mean?
By the way your tail is super cute!?
Thats what I mean about the weightyness of the lycra; it's heavy enough so it will hang down. You want a 'crisp' fabric or one with some body to it (as it it won't flop over if you hold it up) so it holds it shape. Lycra is clingy and 'oozey' so while it looks great against something it doesn't stand up on it's ow. If you do netting halfway out it will definitely give it more of the shape you want though but what I would worry about is it being held out to the edge of where the netting is and then hanging straight down from there.

Glad you like my tail! i want to add a little length to the sheer fin part at the bottom; when I wear heels you can see my feet and I have a pair of sparkly green wedge heels I like to wear with this costume.

Random side note for me: THERE IS ALL TOGETHER TOO MUCH PINK IN MY HOUSE! I am making Ariel's diner dress for myself as well as an all silk dupioni Sleeping Beauty gown for my friend. Too much pink!!

Selling some of my Satine from Moulin Rouge costumes & more on Etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/crimsonvision
crimsonvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #11903
ThePrincessMom

posting this here for more opinions...do you ladies think this hair piece matches my hair decently enough? I am having a hell of a time finding anything similar to my own hair...which is a great color for Giselle already, lol so I don't want to dye it another color just to get a wig to match.

ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #11904
Aurora's Heart

Sadly I'm finding it's just so easy to lurk now a days.

Princess Mom- That hair piece is spot on and you look so much like Giselle. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Furie- Good luck on your fin. It's looking good and I hope you can figure out the fin. Also love your tattoo.

In cosplay news, I'm making progress on my Sep. costume and I am so close to finishing the line embroidery on my Rapunzel. I'm almost back to the brocade middle pannel then I just have to go up that pannel. Then I can decide where I work on my embroidery next. I need to finish the sleeves and the flower and swirl designs on the skirt. Either way I think I'm finally getting my costume motivation back.
Unread 08-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #11905
Mooncactus

Ahh, Disney Halloween Party season is soon upon us... which means it's time for me to check back into this thread, as I do yearly. ;D

I'm going to be Melody from TLM2 this year. What about you guys?
Mooncactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #11906
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncactus View Post
Ahh, Disney Halloween Party season is soon upon us... which means it's time for me to check back into this thread, as I do yearly. ;D

I'm going to be Melody from TLM2 this year. What about you guys?
Wart if I can afford it/have time. Young Mr. Frederickson if not.
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #11907
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

princessmom- i think that hairpiece is a darn good match for Giselle! Perfect!!

Aurora- thanks hunni!

crimson- i get what you're getting at, thanks for the tips. Will definitely try out several methods of I can find the netting I think i got laying around. If not, like i said, ill have no choice but to leave it hanging down just for the party then work on it more for the future LOL I still gotta get an invisible zip for the side and all the other bits and bops for the party yet... eek!

Sasha- thank youu!
Unread 08-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #11908
celiaorirene
Banned

Haven't decided wearing which costume for this Halloween yet.
celiaorirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #11909
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

I tried my Merida wig on (Arda's Merry) and its the perfect length on me. I even started teasing it up a little bit. I think I am going to add some wefts to it though for added volume. I honestly don't think that even with g2b hair spray that its going to maintain the volume needed. Thankfully I have the glinda and two curly clips in the same shade to add to the merry. Does anyone have any tips for securing the wig head / wig for sewing wefts in though? I'm sort of at a loss there.

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #11910
garnetprincess
Disney Princess

I ordered my petticoat and it came in the mail maybe a week ago - it's a huge net poof!

I also started working on the bodice for my cinderella costume. I'm using Simplicity 2813 with a lot of modifications. I've taken the bodice in a lot, plan to modify the neckline, as well as drafted new (huge) sleeves that tend to droop from the weight of too much fabric. Has anyone ever created a sleeve support before/what did you use?
garnetprincess is offline   Reply With Quote