Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 09-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #11941
Fairydusted

Wow kiggi! The details are amazing! Everything looks beautiful and just so perfectly done! *Just amazing! And your whole curtain thing for pleating is ingenious! I have that one tucked away for a future project! *

I know you've said you're busy with your full time job but if you ever have time you aren't making costumes for cosplay for yourself you really should do a couple to sell on etsy. I know once I've done one of something the next one is usually a breeze so if you would just make some ready made of whatever ones you've done I think you could have a successful side business!*

I went ahead and just added on the sides of his Flynn vest last night *because i couldn't sleep. I'll make him try it on tomorrow to see if it works. I got frustrated with the little semi sleeve last night and swore off the vest for the day and instead re did my Punz skirt and started sewing the bodice together. Hopefully I'll be done both by late Tuesday.*

Furie- thanks! Bookmarking it! Did you get the zipper in yet? I'm excited to see the finished project!
Fairydusted is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #11942
MalteseLizzie

Been a while since I posted here. Currently making a Jessica Rabbit cosplay: just finished cutting the stretch satin: now I have to steam it.

Currently Working On:
Sansa Stark (Direwolf Dress): Embroidery, Dress, Cloak
Planned:
Astrid (HTTYD 2)
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #11943
kiggi

fairydusted, lol it does get easier, but it cuts the time from like 6 months to like 5. And the cost I would charge for my labor would probably deter any potential buyers if I ever were to sell cinderella it would be a hefty pricetag. I've sold stuff before, and I had issue with ppl not paying. Don't have that kind of time to waste money.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #11944
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolericaEnt View Post
Hey FuriePheonix .... I'm new here, but my husband and I make ariel shells. We have a pair that's ready to ship if you are interested! They are for sale in my LolericaCreations Etsy shop if you wanna check them out. )

Mine are being made, i just have to wait. And they were bought for me as a present to cheer me up a bit when i went on a downward spiral a few weeks ago. Have you got the link though to your etsy shop I'll take a look but right now I'm a bit tight with funds on some things, so buying a 2nd pair of shells probably isn't a good thing to do right now haha

Fairydusted- my mom is gonna get the zip in for me either today or tomorrow as im useless with zips hahaha! Also, i snapped half of my nail off on my left hand, so sewing and typing and anything really is proving a tad uncomfortable and difficult, as i cant put pressure on my middle finger.... and i stupidly managed it by doing a backward butt shuffle on the floor.. dont ask... hahahaha

I did however manage to pick up my shell necklace for my park dress today (got it from Avon lol) it' not exactly like the parks necklace but its close enough for someone on a budget and for the upcoming party until i can get an more accurate necklace done... pics later!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 09-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #11945
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Kiggi- I had seen full pictures of your dress on fb and tumblr, but not all the detail shots. I am totally floored!

Furie- Ouch! I'm sorry about your fingernail- that has got to suck! I hope the pain goes away soon.

Lately I've been working on a Pocahontas cosplay. Right now, this is what I have for the dress and the necklace.

After that, I'll be making a costume of Vanellope von Schweetz from Wreck-it Ralph. For the hoodie, I'm planning on buying a white one and dyeing it. I'm looking at the color Sage Green here right now. What do you think?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #11946
kiggi

beni, I was going to post them on fb and tumblr too, but I feel like I've been such an attention whore with this already I just feel weird spamming it even more but I'm glad you like it!

I'm sure whatever you do will look great!!! Looking forward to that movie! My husband had a wreck it ralph b day party
Unread 09-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #11947
ThePrincessMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
beni, I was going to post them on fb and tumblr too, but I feel like I've been such an attention whore with this already I just feel weird spamming it even more but I'm glad you like it!

I'm sure whatever you do will look great!!! Looking forward to that movie! My husband had a wreck it ralph b day party
Kelly, post them EVERYWHERE, people will enjoy seeing them!!
ThePrincessMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #11948
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

So.... Is this a good Cinderella costume?? Does anyone know what it looks like in person? I know it's not Disney Authentic, but I love the brocade and fabric choices and I'm a fan of silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enchanting-P...#ht_1530wt_952

Also, how can I go about making my own Cinderella costume? I want to go with a silver base (instead of blue) and my own blonde hair.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #11949
kiggi

tarinalove, I can't remember who it is that I follow on tumblr that has this dress for her party business and it looks lovely in her pictures

afa making it there are commercial patterns for her that need alterations, but work. Mine (a page or so back) is a mixture of like a million patterns and some drafted things... It depends entirely what you want the end product to look like and your skill level/comfort with the task at hand.

good luck!
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #11950
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Wow! Kiggi, your Cinderella costume is beautiful! I love it.

And that's good to know, if you find who you follow could you post the link? I would love to see it. :3

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #11951
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
Wow! Kiggi, your Cinderella costume is beautiful! I love it.

And that's good to know, if you find who you follow could you post the link? I would love to see it. :3
thank you!

mostmagicalplaceonearth is the tumblr i would just message her and ask if you dont see it on her tumblr

Last edited by kiggi : 09-05-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Unread 09-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #11952
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

MY TATTOO IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even better.. I DIDNT FAINT THIS TIME!!! YAAAAAY! hahaha! I'll do photos tomorrow but I just KNOW y'all gonna squee at how cute Flounder is! Seriously, its the most adorable flounder ever! The whole tattoo is so beautiful I almost cried out of joy, which made my tattoo artist (who im crushing on BIG TIME) actually rub my arm ><!!!!!
Unread 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #11953
crimsonvision
The Red Rose of Texas

AWell I finished my Ariel pink gown at about 2:30am (when I had to get up at 5am for my flight! Ugh!). I LOVE it; I need to make a few tweaks (bodice is a little big and the neckline is too wide so the sleeves fall down a bit) but I had a blast running around in it.

Me at the Disney Photoshoot on Saturday:

With my friend Ash As Aurora (I made her gown as well):

Selling some of my Satine from Moulin Rouge costumes & more on Etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/crimsonvision
crimsonvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #11954
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

I'm giving an anniversary gift to my sister-in-law for her Halloween costume this year. She'll be going out with her youngest son as a Fireside Girl from Phineas and Ferb this year. All that I need to do for her is get the yellow sash and orange beret as she got the rest of the costume today (9/6/12).
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #11955
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Okay... giving pics of my finished Ariel tat for those who havent seen it on either my FB or DA ^_^ In these pics though, its just been done so the redness is still visible and stuff... and her skin color looks A LOT darker (almost sun burnt hahahaha) than it will be once its healed. She'll actually be really quite pale ^_^

Still no cosplay news from me... though I did re do my Ariel bangs yesterday because they began to droop after my last wear and I'm happier with them now their SUPER BIG without extra wefts added too! I'm proud haha!