Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1055 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #12091
LKD
Is a princess!!

My experience making her or being her? O-0

Unread 10-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #12092
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- LOL I'M SOWWIE!!!! haha!

Soooo you know I said I was gonna be Gothel at this halloween gig? I'm rethinking my plans haha! I've run out of clasps and dont have the money to get more or to get the gold lining for the cloak and now me being me... I kinda wanna do it properly or not at all and I refuse to wear a normal jacket over Gothel... I'm also worried that barely anyone will make an effort to dress up and I dont wanna look a fool in the gothel wig haha! Yet... it's only a week to go and I gotta figure out something that I can whip up with stuff I already own.......

....balls......
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #12093
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Did a crossplay of Alice for a few years. That was fun.
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #12094
nessabutterfly

Thank you everyone for voting!!

I really need to get going on my original Cinderella too-- I have most of the fabric now (Just looking for an amazing white/silver brocade). But I'm swamped in Halloween costumes (yay My Little Pony-- yes, even my HUSBAND is going to be a pony!!)
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #12095
Ookami12
Banned

Stitch

Ive seen soo many stitch costumes back in Hawaii. It was kigurumi style. soooo cute!
You can find the stitch costume at the link below for a good price
Ookami12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #12096
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

So driving to work this morning I caught an ad for Beauty and the Beast at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta Nov 27- Dec 2 and was wondering if anyone else had heard about this and was planning on going. I would love to go, but won't have anyone to go with me.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #12097
Aurora's Heart

I have returned from my last con of the year. Was fun despite the fact I now get to deal with two things I'm not looking forward to. Possibly moving and my busy season starting for work.

I did enter my Rapunzel in the contest (will post pics tomorrow) and I got a judges award. Not a total loss, but the daughter of the lady who runs the contest pulled me aside and explained why I didn't win a higher award, 'cause she sat in on the judges table. Good critique and I'm glad she gave it too me. It gets better though. Apparently the lady who one Best In Show won a ticket to Costume Con which will be here in my home city next May. However, she already had a ticket and since we know each other from a couple of years of doing these cons she blessed me with her ticket. I had no idea how I was going to afford a ticket as it is right after another con I attend in April. Mom also ended up with enough cash to buy a discounted ticket due to a friend of ours helping to pay for the hotel. I've never been happier to go to a con and even better I am itching to start on my contest piece for it. Something that never happens to me!
Unread 10-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #12098
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- oh wow! Talk about a lucky break!! Look forward to seeing the pictures!
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #12099
kiggi

aurora that's wonderful!!!!

i was always wondering how the judges pannels work. a friend of mine said i should have cinderella judged when i go to youmacon, but i dont know the first thing about any of it.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #12100
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Aurora ~ That's too awesome!!

Furie ~ I hope you figure something out!!!

Kiggi ~ I was a judge for a costume contest one year and (at least in florida) I know it varies. I was looking at structure, how well it was made, technical things, things like that. I would say give it a shot!! Its an amazing dress!!

So in a very lucky turn of events the trip to Magic Kingdom to see the New Fantasyland also turned into going to MNSSHP!!! I'm so excited!! But now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to wear!!! None of my costumes are complete (mostly missing wigs I've trashed/sold). BUT I still have my designer Rapunzel stuff and I'm thinking about modifying it to make it more comfortable (shorten the skirt, no hoopskirt, add sleeves of some sort) and wear that. I'm so excited! I just wish I had time to make a full blown disney costume. :3 I'm so excited!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #12101
LKD
Is a princess!!

pfft costume contests here are popularity contests..They only care how you look not how well your things are made. Or how buddy buddy you are with the judges -.-

Pisses me off.

-flips california-

XD Pic spam!

I'm almost done with my cloak =D

Trying very hard not to have any raw edges showing.
Which is hard since it's not lined XD. Tons of french seams..I'm still debating on how to do the hem of it.

Also styled a ton of wigs today..my boss handed me them to restyle and uugh they are kept in horrible condition or in the rapunzel case..dunno where he bought it but >8 its like a halloween wig haha

I tried making this as durable as I could..I really doubt they can ruin the bangs this way and the updo is held with safety pins XD;

He told me "..can you make it longer"
HOW DO I MAKE A WIG LONGER XD Thank god I had extensions I had bought a loooooooooooooong time ago. It's really light and can be thrown back so hopefully its party safe XD I really wanted to make awesome bangs but its sooo thin that everything I did showed the wefts

Oh and My Peri wig~ =D Took some pics in my costume..a bit..my camera died like in less than 5 minutes.
Its okay I just needed one XD

Last edited by LKD : 10-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:33 PM   #12102
Aurora's Heart

Thanks guys!

Kiggi- I have a con like LKD said that is a total popularity con. THe others I go to are excelent contests. They acctually focus on the craftsmanship not just how well you wear it or how popular you/it is. Costume Con is another of the really good cons which is why I'm glad to be going. I agree with Sasha that you should go for it. It's alot of fun and you make some really great friends in the green room.

Here's two pics of my Rapunzel progress. One from the con which shows the embroidery and one of the finished embroidery to date. It's alot less stressful when I don't have to make it perfect. LOL Oddly enough the second pic shows the correct color. For some reason my skirt loves to show up blue.

Unread 10-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #12103
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

So close to finishing Minnie! Other than ironing the whole thing...

Dress - finished
Bloomers - finished
Bow - finished
Ears - not finished... trying to decide how big to make them.

Photoshoot in 48 hours. I can do this!
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #12104
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Nessa- Voted! That's so cute! Which pony is your husband going to be? Are you joining the group too?

LKD- I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am super mad jealous of your wig styling skills.

Right now I'm working on Vanellope von Schweetz for the premier of Wreck-it Ralph. So far I've only and the skirt and I ordered a hoodie that I plan on dyeing. Chances are I won't have the costume done in time, but I'm hoping that I can pull something together that can pass.

And speaking of contests, I'm having one on my Disney cosplay blog. If you'd like and have the time, I would love it if you could cast a vote. It can be for whoever you like and you don't have to be a follower or even have a tumblr account.
http://disneycosplayftw.tumblr.com/p...ng-is-now-open
(argh, wrong link before)

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 10-26-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #12105
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

That skirt can double for a Fireside Girls cosplay as well.