Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1145 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #12166
LKD
Is a princess!!

Soooo I said I wasn't working in anything Disney for myself xD I lied. I have a ton on plans on my plate! GIANT POST AHEAD

I have mermaid Ariel, Dinner dress Ariel, fawn, winter Tink and Wendy on my list xD I have fabric to start them but not all of it o.<

I have most of my mermaid Ariel things..just missing my body suit..I just don't feel comfortable having my boobies out for parties..also I don't want to make it until I lose weight (which I'm doing xD )

I'm working on fawn and winter Tink..Tink I just have the jacket fabric..I'm still looking for the rest. Fawn again gotta lose pudge and I'm looking for the perfect NON STRETCH fabric...grr my enemy is stretch

Wendy, I'm looking for the right color chiffon..cause I want it FLOWY and many layered xD

Sooo I bought the white fabric for my dinner dress, just a plain white casa satin and white chiffon for a sheer overlayer for the skirt :3 I had this pink fabric I was going to use for my Mimi princess dress from digimon but eh lol I lost interest in it. I can't make money/do parties with it xD
I'm not sure if I should use it or look for something else o.< what do you think? The color is off..I really don't know what kind of fabric it is..but it's embossed in flowers and ribbins

I'm really looking forward to making this cause one of the first gowns I made was this dress and well..yeeesh xD I really want to see how far I've come
Just look at this mess

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/300645/
http://lil-kute-dream.deviantart.com...35532#/d2m9y7q

YEESH. XD Such a pitty since that fabric cost up the butt..

Unread 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #12167
Faraday
oh modern man.

Popping in here because I know some of you guys were looking for Vanellope's finale outfit from Wreck-It-Ralph and I found this concept art:
SPOILERS http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...z20o1_1280.jpg
(Kinda wish they went with the top left because it seems the most like her, but whatevs.)

I went to Disneyland last week and now I have renewed inspiration in cosplay. Only problem is that I can't decide who/what to do next (rework Sally, new Rapunzel wig, Vanellope, Taffyta, Cinderella, or a new Snow costume).
So many costumes I want to make so little places to wear them!
Unread 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #12168
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Hey everyone. I hope all the Americans had a Happy Thanksgiving. I finished both the skirt I will be wearing to the Fox Theater and the corset that will be worn with all three versions of the skirt. I have included links to my Flickr. I am sooooooooooo happy with how it turned out! I actually found the roses on a formal gown at the Goodwill, so for $16, I got 13 fabric roses that just happened to be the perfect color to match my fabric. I'm so excited to wear it, and have been counting the days for the last two weeks. 6 days and a wake up!

And that brings me to a question. If you look around the Belle set, you should see a picture of the back of the corset and see that it exposes my tattoo. When everyone Cosplays, what is your opinion of visible tattoos? Should I cover it up, or wear it proudly? For the theater I have no problems leaving her visible, but when I become Belle I am on the fence.

Corset Front
Ball gown Corset with Theater Skirt
Belle Photo Set

I know these aren't Disney, but wanted to share what I have been up to the last few days.

First there was Black Friday. I took complete advantage of some of the sales, especially at Joann Fabrics. I purchased a Singer Serger (which I then promptly used to redo my dining room chairs), and went crazy stocking up on thread with the Buy one Get one Free deal. It was a good thing that I had time to drop off my purchases between midnight and 0600 as I filled up my trunk at Joann's.

Poor little Corolla...

This was my dining room chair cushion before (I can't find my inventory photo from before, so I only have the cushion), and the after shot. A coat of primer and a coat of black spray paint changed the tubing, and I used my new serger on the cushions (why did I not buy one of these sooner?????).

Before
After

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #12169
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Soooo I said I wasn't working in anything Disney for myself xD I lied. I have a ton on plans on my plate! GIANT POST AHEAD

I have mermaid Ariel, Dinner dress Ariel, fawn, winter Tink and Wendy on my list xD I have fabric to start them but not all of it o.<

I have most of my mermaid Ariel things..just missing my body suit..I just don't feel comfortable having my boobies out for parties..also I don't want to make it until I lose weight (which I'm doing xD )

I'm working on fawn and winter Tink..Tink I just have the jacket fabric..I'm still looking for the rest. Fawn again gotta lose pudge and I'm looking for the perfect NON STRETCH fabric...grr my enemy is stretch

Wendy, I'm looking for the right color chiffon..cause I want it FLOWY and many layered xD

Sooo I bought the white fabric for my dinner dress, just a plain white casa satin and white chiffon for a sheer overlayer for the skirt :3 I had this pink fabric I was going to use for my Mimi princess dress from digimon but eh lol I lost interest in it. I can't make money/do parties with it xD
I'm not sure if I should use it or look for something else o.< what do you think? The color is off..I really don't know what kind of fabric it is..but it's embossed in flowers and ribbins

I'm really looking forward to making this cause one of the first gowns I made was this dress and well..yeeesh xD I really want to see how far I've come
Just look at this mess

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/300645/
http://lil-kute-dream.deviantart.com...35532#/d2m9y7q

YEESH. XD Such a pitty since that fabric cost up the butt..
I like the rose flower fabric. I say use it! It looks beautiful, and you may be able to dye it a darker pink? I would test it?

Also, I've been working on Secret of the Wings/Winter Tink as well!
Progress photos (I suck at updating)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I have the hood and arms now sewn on! I'll take more tomorrow, dress is in pieces and needs to be sewn together as well. I got sherpa faux fur for the trim and may or may not fully line the hood with it if I have enough. Even though she didn't line her hood I think it would be super cuddly warm. xD Even though it's fleece hehe.

I'm also working on Taffyta but that's sort of a "put together" costume that I'm gonna bedazzle a dress I picked up at F21 and take a jacket in and make the hat. Other little stuff like that. I'm also gonna bedazzle the shoes! ALL THE SPARKLES.

In Non-Disney Costumes,
I'm gonna start on a Toothaina "Tooth Fairy" Costume from Rise of the Guardians and I'm making pants for my boyfriends Jack Frost. <3

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #12170
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: Oh wow! What a cool project!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

@ HimePanda: Looking forward to seeing your Jasmine!! For the hair, I recommend what most people did with their Rapunzel wigs and glue wefts to foam so that you don't have to carry around that much hair on your neck. :P

@ LKD: Wow! Love the fabrics!!! I especially like that pink fabric and I think it should be used for sure!! I also love your pink Ariel dress, that looks absolutely gorgeous!! I love the flower designs in the front!! And good luck on the rest of the cosplays on your list. They sure do add up quick don't they?? :P

@ Faraday: I hear you on the too many costumes too little time. Honestly I think any one of those projects would be awesome to work on. I am excited to see what you do next.

@ WarriorPrincess: Wow!!!! Just wow!! That looks amazing so fair!! I love the color and the fabric you chose for her! It is just gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it!!

@ tarinalove: Hooray! More Wreck It Ralph cosplays!! And my friend also wanted to do Tooth from Rise of the Guardians. It's a very cute design! I wish you luck!

Cosplay Update:

I think I have decided for sure that I would like to do a Sergeant Calhoun cosplay from Wreck It Ralph. My bf is really super excited about doing a Ralph, so we kind of pushed this project forward. I am not sure when I will be able to get started, probably after the holidays when i have money. :P Anyway, another costume for the ever growing list!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 11-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #12171
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Omg.. so MONTHS ago I did a photo shoot with my mates and one mate's brother right? I CAN NOW FINALLY SHOW Y'ALL SOME OF THE PHOTOS!!!!

Ariel: Wedding: Didn't wear the crown because 1) it never stays on my head and gold paint was on the veil so I decided last minute to not use it in the shots

Megara:

Kida:

Borrowing a friend's staff here lol:
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #12172
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Seifer-Sama - Thank you! I'm so excited to start work on the other two skirts but I don't have all the fabric I need for it yet. And I only have so much money every month to spend on fabric.

Furie - Wow! Those are gorgeous! I love your Kida.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
DragonCon 2014
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #12173
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hello, all! Unsurprisingly, I didn't do A THING over my Thanksgiving break other than sleep, eat, and play Oblivion. So yeah, no progress.

BUT- thank you for all the suggestions for my fabric. I'm thinking I may go ahead and attempt making Jane with the yellow, even if I have to get a little more material. I'm still stuck on all the other stuff, though. O.o I may just go ahead and use the turquoise for KtG Ariel, and incorporate the silvery stuff I mentioned into Cinderella somehow, as Cait suggested. I may also use the old Thumbelina skirt fabric for a Wendy dress... I FULLY INTEND (as if that means anything) to get SOMETHING done over my next break!

Furie- Loving the pictures, girlie~
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #12174
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks guys! ^_^ Seeing these pics again makes me wanna work on Meg a bit more and re wear her big time
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #12175
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: Wow, awesome cosplay!! I love your Ariel dress especially!!

@ WarriorPrincess: You are welcome. And I totally hear you about monthly budgets. It's especially hard to work on cosplay stuff at this time of year. ^^;

@ Suzie Blue: I am looking forward to your cosplay progress. It sounds like you have everything all figured out!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #12176
Aurora's Heart

Furie- Love your pics.

Glad to see so much progress from everyone. I'm finally moved into a new house just have to work on unpacking and getting my sewing room in working order so I can continue working on my Costume Con peice for May. I'm toying with the idea of making Vanellope for Starfest in April. I'm still working on the embroidery for my Rapunzel skirt and maybe I can bring it to Costume Con.
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #12177
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks girlies!

Siefer- thanks! Ariel was completely hand sewn- even the trim!
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #12178
Seifer-sama

@ Aurora's Heart: Congrats on the new home!! I would love to see you make Vanellope!! And keep on with that Rapunzel embroidery! You will be finished before you know it, and then you will miss having it to work on. :P

@ FuriePhoenix: Omg... that is amazing. I am terrible at hand sewing!! Wow, major props to you lady!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #12179
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- Yup, I'm glad to have things more sorted out! Maybe it will help me be more motivated.

So, I have come to the conclusion that I NEED this fabric for Cinderella. I NEED it.

Oh, and a question: are we doing a Secret Santa this year?
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #12180
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

I could do a Secret Santa. As a matter of fact I am pretty much done with my Christmas gifts. I'm proud of being so far ahead of the game for once lol.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
DragonCon 2014