Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 902 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #12271
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Well I would like to do Sleeping Beauty - Princess Aurora Cosplay in a few years but I need all of your's help with choosing wich color I should go with.

Pink Or Blue Dress in the links below of Sleeping Beauty - Princess Aurora
Here's the link to the album - http://www.cosplay.com/costume/447227/

Another Idea I am considering is to do Sleeping Beauty - Princess Aurora Cosplay Pink & Blue Dress or Blue & Pink Dress

I got this idea while thinking about the movie that the dress itself changed so many times in the movie - What if there was a way to make it so like there's a see threw fabric overlay over is either Pink or Blue and the fabric would be the other color so it looks like the dress is changing colors while I am wearing it while walking,dancing,etc.

So a few Question's for you all to answer and think about while answering keep in mind that I do have Cinderella planned for 2015 and all source's that i have right now are kept private for a few reason's.

1) Wich color would look better on me if I decide just to do one of the color's - Pink or Blue?

2) Should I be unique and do the both color's of Pink & Blue of being overlay, Or Blue & Pink of being overlay ??

3) Is there someone out there that could possibily draft me up a design with color's to show me what the two colors would look like together that I mentioned above?

Future Cosplay's
Cinderella: Charming *Waiting on for Fiance*
Code Geass: Princess Euphemia
Sleeping Beauty: Aurora
Tangled: Rapunzel
Frozen: Elsa
YunaAngels is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #12272
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Furie- Here's a picture of the dress I mentioned:

Like I said, it's not REALLY very Tinkerbell-ish, but you are welcome to have it if you think you could modify it or use parts of it in your own dress! Btw, I love your wig! It's so cute and natural-looking. :3

alice4ck- You're welcome! I'm glad my advice was helpful. I am right there with you on costuming being frustrating- it is a very challenging hobby! Sometimes I feel so worthless at it that I just want to quit, but when you feel like that you just have to step away for a while and come back with a fresh mind, like you said. If it's something you truly enjoy, don't let the opinions of other people get in the way!

Not much progress for me. After brawling with my sewing machine last night (and almost crying because I got so frustrated with it) I finally got it to cooperate long enough to sew the piping for Historical Rapunzel's overlay. Most of this weekend has been spent remodeling my new bedroom, so I haven't had much time or energy to sew. I think after a bit of rest I am going to work on making the poofy strips for the overlay and then maybe work on the sleeves some more.
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #12273
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

YunaAngel, my own Aurora dress is blue. My reasoning was that it was blue for most of the actual movie, yet everyone did the pink version (that last part driven home with group pics taken when I debuted that costume). Though if I could, I totally would have had a white dress rigged with fiber optics so it would appear to change color a la Aurora's dress in a stage show the Disney cruise ships ran circa 2006.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #12274
LKD
Is a princess!!

Thanks guys!

Furie: soo cute! The wig that is x3 Im happy you didn't do the bangs to the side!

Yuna, there are some organza as and taffeta that have blue and pink threads so it shimmers in different colors. My jasmine fabric is actually like that it has blue and gold threads so it looks different in different lights
Here are some examples of people who have done half and half
http://beadedfae.blogspot.com/2012/0...-gown.html?m=1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28159731@N02/4796785434/

Hold on I know someone used the fabric I was talking about
Here it is

Oh found this one that someone gradient dyed? Very cute! I actually want to try this now

I'm not sure on the color, the pink might be more vibrant cause its a warmer color but they'd both look good on you. It's all up to you lol it's going to end up like the movie anywhere you ask, some will say pink and the others blue xD flip a coin!

Suzie- that actually reminds me of one of Tinks ice skating dresses!

Last edited by LKD : 01-20-2013 at 11:00 PM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #12275
LKD
Is a princess!!

Sorry for double posting but the other was image heavy already x3

Almost done with my classic Tink commission. Sooo soft~ love the suede..I want to rub all over the dress xD

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3341720/

And here's the progress of my jasmine my friend is awesome! She knows EXACTLY what I want haha

http://elkaydee.tumblr.com/image/41070965823
..dunno why images aren't working for me anymore .-.
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #12276
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

I've found the perfect fabric for my Eilonwy's cosplay skirt, but I can't figure out how to make the pattern. Does anyone know if she wears one or two skirts and how can they be attached?
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #12277
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Suzie- ooh thats a cute dress but unfortunately too dark a green for me. I'm making the original peter pan version of Tink so I need a lime green really, thank you anyway! ^^! As for the wig thankies! I thought a natural looking Tink would be a good way to go! And it saved me money buying a new "yellow-y" blonde wig!

LKD- Thank youuu! As for the bangs I couldn't do them to side even if i wanted to- they were pre styled centre ^^! Which for original Tink is kinda perfect! This wig is my old Princess Ai (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2102350/) wig! I always intended to save it back for Aurora but over the years it's just gone a bit too naff to use for Aurora... sooooo Tink it was! By the way I LOVE that latest Tink commission!! Its sooo pretty! Also, the second Aurora picture (gradient one) is actually photoshopped gradient "dyed", I saw it on DA and read it in her description, blooming good photoshop if you ask me! I thought it was gradient dyed too!
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #12278
LKD
Is a princess!!

Furie- thanks ive been wanting to do classic tink for awhile. She doeant get too much love, happpy that youre doing this one!
Really? It loooks so pretty, I want to try this but hmm doubt ill be makingg aurora anytime soon

Oh!
Yuna, i blieve her soundsensational skirt has a blue orgnaza layer over the pink. Forgot about it

S
orry for the typos, my cell is lagging horribly
Unread 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #12279
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Oh!
Yuna, i blieve her soundsensational skirt has a blue orgnaza layer over the pink. Forgot about it
What do you mean her Soundsensation skirt?? I don't really like the fabric of that one that changes color or just not sure if I don't like it cause how poorly it looks like it was made.

That Pink and Blue one of like the paint was splattered on looks kinda of nice though I might give that a thought.

Future Cosplay's
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #12280
LKD
Is a princess!!

Soundsational is what the parade is called. Lol ive been calling it wrong.
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/67596168@N06/8107418641/
Unread 01-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #12281
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Furie- No worries! Just thought I would offer. Good luck in finding one that will work!

LKD- Ooh, it does look like that dress! I may see if I can convert it into something like that...

Not much progress for me this weekend. My days were consumed with remodeling my new bedroom and moving all my crap up there, then taking EVERYTHING out of what will be my sewing room so that we can work in there next. Then we have to move everything back in and organize it all. Yeesh. lol This is going to be quite a feat! But it will be awesome having a room JUST for sewing/crafting. I'm excited! I DID get a little done on Rapunzel; I stitched together and overcast the seams on the other sleeve, but that's it. Hopefully I will be able to make more progress this weekend. :3
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #12282
YunaAngels
YunaAngelz Cosplay

Sleeping Beauty - Princess Aurora I think I am just debating weither to do gradient dyed, the blue dress or doing this http://beadedfae.blogspot.ca/2012/02...-gown.html?m=1

If I did the link above with the two colors messed together like paint was splattered on it but the pink she used looks too red and the blue is darker then any blue one out there.

So if I decide to do that I might ask to go with lighter colors of Pink and Blue then she did, Would that seem apporaite or should I keep with what she did?

Here's the orginal link to the one above of what the dress looked like in the movie so anyone could help me out with it http://wordstobumble.files.wordpress...ue-ou-rose.jpg

Future Cosplay's
Unread 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #12283
Aurora's Heart

Yuna- In my opinion I would say make the dress colors the same as they show up in the movie as one color. It's hard to see the different colors from the movie version because they are so splattered together. Use the first link as a guide for the splatters as I think this looks like the best interpretation of it. If you aren't sure what the colors for the two dresses are I can help you out with that. The blue version has light periwinkle sleeves and peplum with a royal blue bodice and a shade or two lighter than royal blue for the skirt. The pink dress has light pink sleeves and peplum with a dusty rose pink bodice and the skirt is somewhere in between the color of the sleeves and bodice, about a medium pink. It's basicaly the concept of taking both dress colors and throwing them together. I hope this helps. Sleeping Beauty is my fav movie and although I am partial to the blue version I do love seeing the variations people come up with.

Last edited by Aurora's Heart : 01-23-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Aurora's Heart is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #12284
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Yuna - I'm not the Sleeping Beauty expert that Aurora is, but I agree with a lot of what she says. I would caveat hers with a comment about the Parks version of her dress. Even though it is made in pink, it could also be communicated to the blue or even to the different colored (although I don't know how the different fabrics would dye). At the parks, they use a satin for the skirt and a textured fabric (I think it was a velvet) for the bodice. They are the same color. They also used a light pink for the sleeves, collar, and a panel in the front of the skirt.
Meet and Greet Princess Aurora

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #12285
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Made some progress on Historically Accurate Ariel, yay! (Please excuse my messy as heck basement.)

EDIT: Suzie Blue, I just noticed that you're working on a historically accurate princess as well! Might I ask which event(s) you're planning on wearing it to? I'd love to get a shot with you if we're at the same con!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook

Last edited by StarsCASSiOPEiA : 01-25-2013 at 10:02 PM.
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote